• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
A non childish Dicky review? Cool.
Aww fuck me, what's with the nonsense? Nevermind, Ok, Jezza you win this round.
Panda!!! Pandas, many many Pandas. Not one was a terrible 600.
Fuck me, that was amazing.

News was alright.

Camp Bastion piece was interesting.

Tom is quite annoying.

The P1 is a fantastic car, I'll still have a Veyron.
"The hardest substance known to man, apart from dried Weetabix, obviously." :lmao:

I'll have to rewatch to give a proper verdict, haven't been paying enough attention. But... Porsche 918 on the show in a couple of weeks' time and power laps for both the 918 and the P1? YES PLEASE.

Has the Stig died or why in the world wasn't the 4c taken round the test track?

Much more like it guys, thank you very much :)

Good response to last week's drivel. Race was entertaining apart from the contrived end. Camp Bastion piece was really interesting and the P1 review was astonishing. Add the hint of the 918 review in the next few weeks (which felt a lot like the SLR v Carrera GT argument from Series 4) and it all added up to an excellent episode. 9/10

One more thing - I do hope they do a big race between the P1, La Ferrari and 918. That would be a very special episode.

Last edited:
The Lake Como film was spectacularly shot, that scenery is to die for. What amazed me was how Clarkson wasn't in the slightest bit scared going at high speed on that quad with no protection at all. I'm surprised he didn't fall off and get killed. News was ok, Camp Bastion bit was quite interesting and the P1 was just amazing.

Has the Stig died or why in the world wasn't the 4c taken round the test track?

with the weather in the UK lately, not going to get much of a decent time out of anything short of the quadbike/jetski

Had a lot of hope for the episode before it started, personally can't find much if any fault with any of the segments, for me it's potentially the best "standard" Top Gear ep since S15E5. Leaning towards a 9-9.5 for the ep.

Alfa, good little race, beautiful car, scenery, cinematography and soundtrack.
News, nothing super special but good.
Military vehicles, really interesting to see the sheer scale of everything.
SIARPC, good guest and the lap look impressive for the conditions.
The Macca, awesome review, again the cinematography was phenomenal, such an incredible car. just can't wait to see it on the track.

Alfa bit was very good and I was surprised that they had to remake the whole film because a camera was dropped.

News was alright.

James' segment was really interesting but sadly they had no time for talking about it in the studio because of the SIARPC which was one of the less interesting interviews Top Gear had. So he had a Peugeot and drives a Jag. Cue the advertisement - wait what?

P1 Segment was very good also and made good use of the long time the segment had left. I loved how it danced around unter throttle and was amazed that he (apparently) didn't spin it even once. Still I am not really into the P1; the older generation hypercars from Pagani and Bugatti and of the "new trio" the 918 still tickle me more. So I was really surprised at the announcement (not spoilering it) at the end. However I am really sure Jeremy does not really have to fear anything unless it is apocalyptically raining or even snowing. The P1 is gonna smash any power lap time on that track. Even the Huarya must be slower. Very excited to see the outcome.

Can't wait for the lap times... Also :lol: @ Jeremy's bet.

Last edited:
Boring start, increasingly better with a fascinating ending. They need to get rid of the guests it has become unbearable. In the past you had crappy stars compensated by the like of Brian Johnson and I am sure that the majority of viewers couldn't care less about AC/DC.

Also: stop the pretentious nonsense, if the Swiss bit had to be re filmed then actually tell the viewer and incorporate it into the show, instead of the half assed, unemotional, disconnected drab you served. Old pieces are timeless because they captured the enthusiasm and disbelieve of the presenters who, like us, couldn't believe the opportunity they got to fool around.

Now that they are rich and "saturated" the show should follow that line because it sure as hell cant bring back the old magic.

Okay, this is my first post on this forum and I am really sorry for my english, cause I am from germany. But I'll try my very best! ;)
I really liked this episode, nice cars and beautiful pictures from Italy, during Richard Hammonds Test of the Alfa. The race was a bit useless to me, but I liked it nevertheless. The News were interesting, but what on earth is up with Hammond? I've seen it in the last show and today again: He is hanging on the couch like...I dont' know. A bag full of water? I have to say, that from all the three I like Hammond the least. During the news he is always so arrogant, not directly, but looking at his face it makes me feel so. I don't know, if you know what I mean..
The film of James May in Afghanistan was a bit boring, I think James can do better. I liked the Review of the P1 most! Very nice Top Gear-ish Jokes at the beginning and all in all a great review of a great car. The arguing in the last seconds of Clarcson and Hammond was epic! :D "But it might be! - But it wouldn't!" :D
I gave it a (8/10)

The camera works in the Alfa part was great, but that's about it. I got bored. 5/10

This is best described as a flawed jewel. A superb race involving the Alfa 4C (even if Clarkson technically cheated by using the quad bike in jet ski mode) and the P1 was staggering, but the army recruitment film wasn't that brilliant and the guest was more annoying than usual.

8/10, but it could have been 10/10 without those weaknesses.

Great episode. I Can understand why they are not using the Stig at the moment, given that Britain is currently underwater. 9/10

Decent enough, and better than last week. The race was pretty good with some stunning scenery, and the P1 bit was also pretty spectacular. But I thought the news and SIARPC were pretty ordinary (as the latter almost always is), and James' piece on the army vehicles was a touch disappointing as it really didn't tell or show us as much detail as I'd have liked.

Worth a 7/10, I'd say.

Great bit, loved every part of it. Nice piece on the machinery in Afghanistan too. 9/10.