[21x02] February 9th, 2014

[21x02] February 9th, 2014

• Total voters
Now this is what I waited for since the last summer... Here's to hope that the rest of the series is just as awesome

8/10

Hate and more hate

Look dick, he is one guy who didn't like it and he doesn't speak for any of us. There is no reason to come here and bash our pride. We are not called 'murica as you so plainly say, but, given the fact that its probably a lack of spelling ability on your end ill teach you as im sure you "learned it watching American films": AMERICA but to be more specific and actually more accurate because, lets face it "America" is actually a big place involving alot of countries, we are the United States of America.

Do you also have an issue with us showing support to our military? Why is that? please explain why we shouldn't show them love and support. Those familys sacrifice alot when their loved one goes away.

Now, as far as the corvette and the viper, they are shit but they are Detroit shit so ill defend them. Since your so drawn to bashing our pride and patriotism ill challenge you to this. You name a car that your country makes based on a home based company within your borders and ill name one. Ill go easy, just a make and model. We will do it one at a time. Ooh! another thing, remember when your country landed that guy on the moon?

Why do people hate on SIARPC so much?

Mostly because they're boring as hell. There are exceptions-- every so often they get someone who is actually interested in cars in some way and is genuinely interesting. Brian Johnson comes to mind. Usually, though, it's chatter about their first boring econobox followed by a boring lap in the rain.

A lot better than last week's program. The Alfa vs quad bike/jet ski race was very nicely shot and had great views of the scenery etc. but Jezza's cheating at the end did break my heart a bit though. News was quiet comedy and with Richard expressing more of his fondness for American cars. The military vehicles part was interesting. SIARPC was fine but I'm not interested in this segment really (The only SIARPC I totally enjoyed was Kristin Scott Thomas' one where Jeremy's cool wall was destroyed). The McLaren P1's review was the main reason why I watched the episode. It was amazing, great videography, great weather, great race track, great car. The P1 might be the first hybrid car I really like. Actually no, IT IS the first hybrid car I really like.

McLaren review: 9 out of 10. Overall episode: 8.5 out of 10.

Good solid episode, the jet ski was beautifully shot and the P1 was a great film too. SIARPC is getting very dull now though- too many lame guests and too many changes of car- it's meaningless for me now.

Those headlights on that Alfa are god awful. The race was pretty good and i want that quad. P1 is impressive machine, but i still prefer the 918. I missed the news and skipped the guest, so i have no opinion for them.

8/10

So what do we think the odds are of Jeremy losing his bet?
I think there's a really good chance that Porsche have pulled a Nissan GTR and built something far faster than the numbers on paper suggest.
There's probably a good chance that Top Gear know this as well and will have themselves an amusing headline at the end of the season.

I don't know the weight of the P1 offhand but they are similar enough in power at least that that shouldn't make a huge difference. The biggest difference is the 918 is 4WD and the P1 is only RWD which I think is going to hand it to the 918 on the track.

I don't know the weight of the P1 offhand but they are similar enough in power at least that that shouldn't make a huge difference. The biggest difference is the 918 is 4WD and the P1 is only RWD which I think is going to hand it to the 918 on the track.

The 918 is some 700 pounds heavier and slightly less powerful, with a much less developed aero setup. The P1 should eat it alive, the one exception being in the rain, but I highly doubt they'll run them in the wet.

AWD is a bug in a sports car, not a feature.

It was pretty good - I was expecting a bit more from what the ratings on here had it pegged at though... Thought the Lake Como bit was beautifully shot and good to watch, Afghanistan bit seemed to drag some (appreciate the sentiment though), star was okay (there have been WAY worse) and the McClaren bit was well done. 7 for me.

PS - IMHO the British pride is enjoyable, and far less tackily done than most north american national pride!

The 4C-bit was cool until Jezza decided to shit on it with some quadbike-monstrosity. Besides that, an ok episode.

Nowhere as awesome as the first episode, though. :rolleyes:

8/10

This was my type of Top Gear, a beautifully shot race, a genuinely interesting piece on war machines and an epic review of an hyper car. 9/10.

I liked how they were able to film Jeremy on the quad/jetski thing from the onboard camera of the Alfa Romeo, well done.

Last edited:
Oversteering through Eau Rouge in wet conditions. (Probably more than) 190 mph on Kemmel, which goes uphill. Oh hell yes. :) That car really is something else.

Apart from the obviously impressive car, the P1 review felt lacking. They spent too much time showing nothing of value.

The other segments: I could bite my own ass for not seeing the Quadski as an amphibious vehicle right away, because it's obviously much bigger than a normal quad. And I would really have liked a full-blown dedicated review of the 4C instead of yet another so-called race. News and SIARPC: okay, not bad. The Afghanistan piece: Actually interesting, even for me.

7.5/10 for this ep.

Alfa 4C - awesome scenery, that area has gotta be one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Fun race with Jeremy on the quadski.

Military - can always count on James to deliver some genuinely interesting bits. Very cool.

McLaren P1 - drool drool drool. Awesome review.

I gave it a 9 overall. Looking forward to the Porsche vs. McLaren showdown. And I would also love, love, love to see them somehow get the 918, P1, and LaFerrari together for a road trip across Europe somewhere. Please make that happen!!!

I liked the episode, but during the News segment they complained about buying gas in the US and having to pay first, I just didn't get it. Just stick your card in the pump and fill up to the desired level.