[21x03] February 16th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
3/7. The three petrolheads demonstrate their love of small cars with a trip to Ukraine. Jeremy Clarkson chooses a Volkswagen Up for the journey, while Richard Hammond takes a Ford Fiesta and James May opts for a Dacia Sandero. On their adventure, the trio absorb the history of the Crimean Peninsula, including a visit to an old submarine pen - but the carefree exploration looks likely to become a chore when Jeremy, Richard and James are challenged to a long drive north through the expansive country, during which they must combat serious boredom. And as if that wasn't arduous enough, a new task is set when they arrive in Kiev - a trip into the wasteland of Chernobyl. This edition also features a track test of the Danish Zenvo ST1 supercar and James Blunt returns for another drive in the Reasonably Priced Car.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/csx6pr/top-gear--series-21---episode-3

Sweet, no Olympics delay.

Sounds like a good challenge, and James Blunt was a great guest last time.

Kind of a shame they didn't film this during the current protests/riots. That would have added an interesting dimension to it :p

Nothing against James Blunt or anything, but I think TG really should stop repeating celebs and get some of the long overdue celebs on the show, starting with Sebastian Loeb.

Very interested what they will make of my home country :) Looking forward to this one.

I have been looking forward to this one.

Nothing against James Blunt or anything, but I think TG really should stop repeating celebs and get some of the long overdue celebs on the show, starting with Sebastian Loeb.

I don't think Loeb speaks english well enough (or even at all?) to be on TG. Every single video of him that I have seen he talks in french and they add english subtitles or dub it over.

No, Loeb does speak decent English, but with the rather stereotypical French accent. The English dub is probably due to unfortunate interview selections, I've seen a few pitlane interviews in English with him last year when he was racing in the FIA GT Sprint Series.

Last edited:

I totally agree, there are many celebs they could have and they double up far too often!

There is one celeb I want to see.

James Blunt will have had a very wet & windy lap today at filming. The winter weather is causing floods, road & rail closures and general chaos.
We don't do weather very well here. :rolleyes:

Sweet, no Olympics delay.

Luckily due to time zones, the BBC Olympics highlights and wrapup show is scheduled at 19:00 every eveing for an hour. (Coverage starts each day at 07:00am.)

:smile:

Maybe, but don't they film those as and when they can and have the cars, rather than on recording day proper. It's only the Stig and not the presenters. :?

They did talk about it during last week's show as if neither of the laps had been done and/or filmed. Or at least that's the impression the discussion gave me... The P1, for example, only seems to have started making its way into journalists/reviewers' hands quite recently (i.e. within the last month or so). The 918 did the same thing probably a month earlier than that, so maybe they did get to do a power lap with the 918, but I'm highly doubtful they managed to get the P1 in time to do the power lap before this weather set in.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm predicting a silly/stupid road trip like the American East Coast one or the Spanish one, but perhaps they'll surprise and produce something like the Bonneville film.

Status
Not open for further replies.