[21x03] February 16th, 2014

[21x03] February 16th, 2014

• Total voters
This is the first one of the season I am really looking forward to....Just have to wait for the upload.

Even better than last week's show. Easy 9/10 although (as always with a good episode) it could have been longer and I expected just a few more facts about the Zenvo in the first bit.

Oh and also the semen thing: Was it set up in the studio on purpose or do they always do the voice overs very late before airing? Because I thought it was just last week that Jeremy said he planned to say "semen" on the show and I assumed he was talking about a studio segment rather than in a feature.

?: Oh and Richard seems to like the 918, can't wait to see the result of the duel. I bet on a dry track the P1 would be under 1:05 minutes.

Last edited:
Pretty good this one. Zenvo test could have been better, damn that thing looks cool! I did expect something bad to happen to the Dacia, but I?m glad it didnt.

7/10

First vote!!!

Okay, I'm feeling generous tonight and giving this an 8/10. Apart from a couple of useless knob gags at the end (predictably), quite decent overall.

Zenvo - good review, shame the car turned out to be such a handful overall and turned in such a horrific laptime.
News - good-ish.
SIARPC - actually good value, and I just realized that James Blunt looks now like someone I work with. :lol:
Ukraine trip - good sights, bit boring at times, nice twist at the end with the challenge, Chernobyl is PROPERLY CREEPY.

A 9 from me. Shame the Zenvo was so unreliable, looks epic. I don't mind Blunt, happy to laugh at himself. Ukraine film great, fascinating place, and I really fancy a trip to Chernobyl/Pripyat. Sub pen was epic.

Two good shows in a row as predicted. Thought the Zenvo review was a bit short on details and the middle section of the road trip was inevitably monotonous but apart from that it was an intriguing episode. Chernobyl was incredibly spooky and you could really tell that Clarkson and May were concerned about the radioactivity. Still think the Fiesta was the best car of the 3, even if it was 10 grand more than the Dacia.

Overall, an 8/10

...Apart from a couple of useless knob gags at the end (predictably), quite decent overall.

Was actually discussing this with Mr he-he, and he said that it would have been funnier (although still not really funny) if he'd said 'presenting this show with two cocks'.

Anyhoo, I enjoyed it.

Was actually discussing this with Mr he-he, and he said that it would have been funnier (although still not really funny) if he'd said 'presenting this show with two cocks'.

Anyhoo, I enjoyed it.

I was expecting that he would say that :lol:

Anyway, it was a very good episode. Some bits of the Road Trip were a bit boring, but my god the footage from Pripyat. Scary place, much props to James and Jeremy and their brave cameramans and drivers!

As usual a good laugh here and there. The trip itself was a bit bland after a strong start, looked great thrashing the small cars on that twisty road! (TG needs more of that)

But it must have been the most boring Chernobyl/Pripyat visit ever at maybe 2 minutes? It felt like it could have been soo much more. Showing TG fans in Kiev was nice but nothing else done there :S

the orange zenvo is rather sexy! although it did get a worse mocking than the Tesla from several years ago.

all in all 6/10. Bonus subtraction of points by throwing a dove out the window. Despite the disclaimer in the credits. You don't throw animals or litter out the window IMO.

Last edited:
I'm really glad the trip to Chernobyl didnt end in front of first security checkpoint "Oh dear we've run out, back to the studio" it has to be one of the most extraordinary places in the world. A friend of mine was on a trip there last year and it really is creepy, scary at times since the radiation on open spaces is noticably lower than in most european cities, altough few steps in the wrong direction will make you geiger counter go redline. It's not that abandoned, since theyre buidling the sarcophagus Jeremy talked about, there are thousand of people per year visiting and the whole exclusion zone is constantly being devastated and everything valuable is being extracted from there with a silent approval from the government. So for me its a simple 10/10, too bad the track is still soaked, altough it wouldnt help the Zenvo ;)

As for Chernobyl those are probably 2 best videos ever made from The Zone, the author gained access to almost every single place in the zone including the control room of reactor number 4. Seen both of his dvd's and its absolutely stunning work.

The Zenvo looks good, but like Jezza said "why would you buy one over a...?"
Fuck me, I wasn't expecting that.
P1 vs 918 vs laferrari come on, we all want it.

Good news

That Fiesta looked fantastic on that first road.

James Blunt? Is he still relevant? Is it still 2002?

The cake sunvisor. :lmao:
Fuck sake, here we go with the nonsense...

I didn't think they'd go in. That's brave. TV or not, I would not go in.
I thought you had to wear plastic suit things?

Not a bad episode.

I didn't think they'd go in. That's brave. TV or not, I would not go in.
I thought you had to wear plastic suit things?

You can get tours of the place. :lol: It's not massively radioactive, although it's best to avoid touching things or eating the plant life and there are pockets of heavy radiation that are dangerous. It's with the DPRK on my list of "strange places I really want to visit" list.

Fairly good episode, I liked seeing the little cars being chucked about on the coast road, especially the Fiesta. 120bhp from a 1.0 3-cylinder, that's just insane...

Good solid episode. I still can't get over the idea of paying so much money for a 1.0 Fiesta. On the other hand it looks like a mini Aston Martin which is pretty damn nice.