[21x03] February 16th, 2014

[21x03] February 16th, 2014

• Total voters
Fiesta is expensive, starting price for 1.0 Ecoboost 125 bhp is 15.700 pounds, add satellite navigation, heated seats etc. and there you have 17.000, which is actually more than starting price for ST.

Nobody is forcing you to watch it.Stick to watching crap like The Block,MKR and Big Fat Losers,which probably will be more to your liking.

With all due respect, why don't you just get f'd. You don't know anything about my relationship with this show.

I have been disappointed with the show since it went HD (so I probably should stopped watching it 3 or 4 years ago), but I enjoyed the first 10 (or so) seasons so much that I have harboured the hope that the last 4 years have just been poor form. I watched this episode (like all of the last 6 or 7 series) ...... in hope. I think that is what made the first episode of this series so sad for me. They'd had a year off, a huge budget and a formula that had previously worked and they still made such a hash of it.

What is MKR?

Unfortunately Top Gear isn't the only thing they make all year, all of them have their different shows, they write books, they make dvd's, top gear live and the list could probably go on. I think we should be glad, that after so many years they still make the best motoring related TV show in the world.

Great bit, from start to end. Laughed a lot, 9.5/10 for me. I won't go 10/10 so I voted 9/10.

I'm probably too generous to give them a 9, but because there's no 8.5 option...

I wish they kept going with the more serious stuff rather than going on a bored road trip tangent. It got me thinking about how much history Ukraine really has gone through. And that's what always gets me with a road trip is that it connects you with the place and I think they had it going with this one.

A better episode, last week's was rubbish, it was Fifth Gear not Top Gear.

I don't like James Blunt but was impressed by this segment! I love small cars, the smaller the better. If I could get a Peel P50 in Melbourne Australia, I would. My religious beliefs are, I worship the sun, I must have a convertible & the smallest convertible is the smart fortwo.

I love the VW UP! but it has a roof! The other car in this episode was the Zenvo ST1, I ain't paying $1.4 million Australian dollars for a car with a roof, when I can buy a Toyota Prius!

Only two things in this episode disappointed me: the lack of Iron Maiden references to the charge into in the valley of death, and not calling the exclusion zone the Zone of Alienation, because let's face it, that sounds far more badass.

Otherwise, an 8. A good follow up to last week, and hopefully they've done away with the Top Gear Comedy of the first episode for a while.

Not a bad episode at all, but not as good as the 21x02. The Zenvo is as spectacular as unreliable, i didn't see that coming. Nice Ukraine road trip too. Skipped the SIARPC, as pretty much always do at first sight

I would give it 7/10

I enjoyed it. I'd say I liked the fact that they got through an episode without anything catching fire, but that wouldn't be true. The challenge was spot on though in my opinion, a mixture of reviewing sensible cars with interesting challenges and a little bit of silliness.

Also probably the most scared I've seen Jeremy in a long time.

Hey, remember when they were making fun of the Corvette an episode or two back for looking immature compared to the European options... Well I present that Danish POS that looked like an old Mosler.

I enjoyed the Ukrainian film but I could of done without all the forced "DANGER!" of being in the exclusion zone. As other have said people go there all the time and someone has to be constructing that sarcophagus.

I'll give this a 7/10.

Zenvo review was pretty fun, news was pretty good and James Blunt as the SIARPC is pretty much as good as the segment is going to get.

I enjoyed the Ukraine trip, but I thought it was a bit boring at times. Visiting the old sub pen was pretty cool, as was Chernobyl (although I was aware that it's not quite as dangerous as they make it out to be). But, fuel challenge aside, they didn't really do a lot to test out the cars. The first bit from the Black Sea to just before Chernobyl could really have been thrown out and it'd made no real difference.

Edit: Also liked the tribute to the extra brave cameramen in the credits!

Last edited:
Man you guys are generous!
That had to be the most booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring episode of Top Gear in history.
Literally nothing happened after the debacle of the, what was it called? .... oh who cares anyway....
Ukraine trip was 40 minutes of nothingness, all to allow Jezza and May to sneak a peak into some abandoned submarine base and nuclear missile base.
I actually had the thought that all they wanted to prove was that if they are asked to review boring cars it will make a boring show. If so, mission accomplished.

If all Top Gear did was talked about cars like reading it from a brochure, I bet they would be gone a long time ago.
Instead of saying how boring it is, why don't you share with us you thoughts on how a car show should be.
Also last week episodes with the P1, that P1 although it's a great car, but that segment was pure crap. It wasn't entertaining, all you see was Clarkson driving around in a track and nothing else. Their review on the Ferrari 458 Italia and McLaren MP4-12c was much better.

Last edited:
Pretty boring episode overall. The review was short (sounds like it was the car's fault) and the laptime was pointless. News was ok, guest was forgettable, and the road trip was as boring as they intended it to be. [...]
I sure hope the weather clears up for you Brits. I want to see that P1 vs 918 powerlap!
/signed

Some of the bits from Chernobyl reminded me of Call of Duty (Black Ops? Don't remember).

Some of the bits from Chernobyl reminded me of Call of Duty (Black Ops? Don't remember).
haha same here, especially when Jeremy was like "wait a minute, I recognize this playground". I think it was Modern Warfare tough.

Btw. I am just so relieved that they did not fool around the reactor/contamination zone with a silly challenge.

I totally agree that TG is shying away from "proper" car show further and further and share the disappointment in recent (I'd say form S15 onwards) series. Zenvo was shit, P1 segment was absolutely nothing special. Just waiting to see Chris Harris' take on P1 this wednesday on Drive. I will have my comparison and I am assuming confirmation of just how far from car-enthusiast's show TG is right now.

Pretty good episode again. The boring 'being bored' part could have been swapped for an additional segment. Other then that: almost no tired rehashed gag and generally good pacing.

Checking the betamax... yep, it's really season 21.

Two 9/10s in a row from me, which I'm surprised by. Despite a rubbish start, this series is actually looking pretty nice so far. Next episode sounds lovely as well. :)