[21x04] February 23rd, 2014

[21x04] February 23rd, 2014

• Total voters
I agree, it is a shame that they've just abandoned it. I understand it must be time-consuming to write the script for it, but it would be high-quality filler when compared with last night's episode. Still, it didn't detract much from what was a excellent episode.

But as BlaRo and I proved at last year's Ringmeet it doesn't need to be scripted. If anything it works a whole lot better if the whole thing is improvised and we proved that we are a shit load better at doing it off the cuff than TG. Sure it would take some studio time and an edit but 4-5 cars vs what we did wouldn't be more than 15-25 minutes and could be much funnier.

Tempted to give that one a 10/10, but I went with 9. It had a bit of everything, and honestly I can't really fault anything about it. I want that G-wag...er, truck!

Tempted to give that one a 10/10, but I went with 9. It had a bit of everything, and honestly I can't really fault anything about it. I want that G-wag...er, truck!

So, just curious, why not 10 then? You seemed to like it and present no negatives. Just wondering.

I gave it an 8. Just saw it again. Wish I could give it a 10.

So, just curious, why not 10 then? You seemed to like it and present no negatives. Just wondering.

I think I've only ever given one 10, It's just something that I can't put my finger on that's "missing." I say "missing" because I have no idea what that is. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't like giving out a perfect score, because that means there is no room for improvement; I think there is always room to improve, no matter how good an episode is. Definitely one of my favorite episodes though. Along with the P1 review (one of my favorite reviews ever) this season is looking like a winner

Love the 'slow' Caterham, James is right. Alfa Disco Volante isn't that pretty (but I get why coachbuilding is awesome). Awesome Merc. 8/10

I don't watch myth busters and this crowd "isn't the type", while we may be ignorant people we are not stupid. Just because myth busters "proved" something does not, by any means, make it true. They are two fat middle aged men in California who worked in special effects (?) so I don't know why they keep throwing around the word "experts".

If you basing your life and it's lessons learned by what you know from myth busters, your gonna have a bad time.

Wow, you mad bro. Have a juicy fruit, it's gonna move ya.

Understood but some of their "control" methods are flawed and, in the case of the truck hitting the car to see if it was survivable they didn't even acknowledge that while the impact may kill you, even at slower speeds the fact that others were in the car makes the projectiles that could kill you as well. It's things like that. Am I being clear or is this rubbish, I'm typing on my phone today, lol

Oh, so you've clearly not watched Mythbusters, nor are you the type to ever watch it. Gotcha.

But I stand humbled in your presence, oh great enlightened one.

I think I've only ever given one 10, It's just something that I can't put my finger on that's "missing." I say "missing" because I have no idea what that is. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't like giving out a perfect score, because that means there is no room for improvement; I think there is always room to improve, no matter how good an episode is.
You're talking about the elusive 'X factor', right? Not the (yawn) TV show of the same name. Run through TGUK over the years and a handful of brilliant episodes will come to mind - those are where the 10s hide.

Wow, you mad bro. Have a juicy fruit, it's gonna move ya.

Oh, so you've clearly not watched Mythbusters, nor are you the type to ever watch it. Gotcha.

But I stand humbled in your presence, oh great enlightened one.

Ok, so a civil discussion is completely impossible? Is that what this means? That's all I though we were doing here...

Also, I am fucking enlightened, thanks.

There was nothing particularly wrong with it, it was just...boring. Caterhams...yawn. I get the fact that driving these insane "retro cars" like the Atom must be a terribly exciting experience, it's just really, really boring to watch. Volante...not particularly exciting in any way - apart from Clarkson's in-love-face (!). Don't like the way it looks (Volante, that is. :)). The "News" - didn't really get the point of the pizza thing at all? SIRPC - yawn, skipped (and I usually never do). Merc in Dubai - the best bit, I suppose.

Waiting for that 918 review!

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
Great motoring episode. Proper Top Gear.

Always a good sign when it seems to go longer than normal.

I loved every part of it. And the cinematography and editing was sublime.

The Alfa was stunning.

9/10

More please!!

I could be wrong but didn't they stop the cool wall for legal/libel whatever reasons? I could've sworn I remember reading about how a few companies were mad about being bashed on it.

Also what exactly is custard? Is that the British word for pudding or something else?

Good episode but not a top rating from me. I wasn't very impressed with the report of the Alfa, it looks okay but the way Clarkson was drooling about it absolutely didn't catch me. SIRPC was odd other than that an enjoyable episode.

After accidentally using a Fifth Gear episode during the second episode a couple of weeks ago, they are back in form! The last two have been back to form! A solid 9. I reckon I would fit my smart in the tub of the G-Class Mercedes-Benz.

4/10

James part was done like in a hurry and way to short.
Clarkson was babbling about that hideous Alfa.
I don't even want to say anything about "news" and pizza thing... Stupid and not funny at whole!
Only Richard saved that episode with a descent and TG funny style review.

Don't get me wrong - I still like TG crew but in my humble opinion they are getting old and cutting corners with their show. The best series were around 10 years ago (around 4th, 5th, 6th) - the balance of a show and a motoring programme was best.

I could be wrong but didn't they stop the cool wall for legal/libel whatever reasons? I could've sworn I remember reading about how a few companies were mad about being bashed on it.

Also what exactly is custard? Is that the British word for pudding or something else?

Proper custard is a dessert made with milk, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla - it can be used as a sweet sauce to accompany things like apple pie or sweet sponge or it can be cooled and set to make creme brulee or creme caramel.

images

recipe-image-legacy-id--3745_10.jpg

There is also an artificial version made with cornflour which is a non-Newtonian fluid. This means you can fill a swimming pool with it and pretend to be Jeezuz.....

WARNING: Hammond content!

[video=youtube;BN2D5y-AxIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2D5y-AxIY[/video]

Birds Custard, if going artificial it has to be Birds. ...

Bird%27s-Custard.jpg

Did not Mythbusters have a go at the custard jolly jape too?