[21x05] March 2nd, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
5/7. Richard Hammond visits Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina circuit to drive the Porsche 918 Spyder, a four-wheel-drive hybrid hypercar capable of astonishing speeds thanks to the 886 horsepower it can generate from its screaming V8 petrol engine and electric motors. Jeremy Clarkson and James May join forces to create a public information film to promote safer cycling, with their efforts presented to a panel of experts including members of Westminster Council and Olympic gold medal-winning rider Chris Boardman. Meanwhile, Jeremy - who has promised to change his name to Jennifer if the Porsche is faster around the test track than the McLaren P1 driven earlier in the series - compares the seventh-generation Volkswagen Golf GTI to BMW's critically acclaimed M135i. Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul fires up the Reasonably Priced Car to see what lap time he can achieve.

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/cs9wh7/top-gear--series-21---episode-5

Wow wow wow wow wow, hang on a minute... this one might just be the best in the series if there isn't too much scripted failure in the cycling film.

My only concern about them putting the P1 and the 918 against each other on the track is that it is probably going to be a wet lap. So far every lap this season has been in the wet and I'd rather see them on the dry track. The 918 is an AWD car vs the P1 RWD and may have the advantage in grip. Unless the boffins at McLaren really did work some magic into their suspension and management system, which judging by JC's review at Spa might just be the case. Should be an interesting run regardless, but yea I would prefer a dry race.

How amazing would it be if while Hammond is going on about the 918 Jeramy shows up on the track with the P1. Similar to how they did the original R8 vs 911CS.

My only concern about them putting the P1 and the 918 against each other on the track is that it is probably going to be a wet lap. So far every lap this season has been in the wet and I'd rather see them on the dry track. The 918 is an AWD car vs the P1 RWD and may have the advantage in grip. Unless the boffins at McLaren really did work some magic into their suspension and management system, which judging by JC's review at Spa might just be the case. Should be an interesting run regardless, but yea I would prefer a dry race.

How amazing would it be if while Hammond is going on about the 918 Jeramy shows up on the track with the P1. Similar to how they did the original R8 vs 911CS.

I want a wet track. That way we can all say "the lap doesn't matter, it was wet and the P1 was never going to be faster in the wet" and then say "HAHAHAHAHHAA, Jennifer Clarkson!"

Totally dry down in Dunsfold ;)

Why the f--- would you want wet laps for these cars? They come along every 10 years or so.

So that most likely means no Jennifer Clarkson.
lol.gif

In the dry, during customer events, people did 1:08's around the track in the P1... :p

Last edited:
So sundays episode has been already shot...do we have new girl as host of TG ? :-D question for people who attended shooting :-D

I would love to see an episode with the new Ferrari LeFerrari. That would be pretty epic! And than compare it to the Porsche and the P1 :D

They made a mistake hyping up the Porsche-Mclaren battle from the start of the season. I didn't care about anything they did in the previous episodes just because of how much I'm anticipating it.

The cycling film is going to be eavily scripted as usual. I'd rather have James testing the Dacia Sandero and doing laps around the track than watching the cycling shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.