[21x06] March 9th, 2014 [Burma Special, Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but I am not watching this, this week. I'm waiting until the week after and watching it just before part 2.

Had the same idea last year. Didn't do it in the end, but might do it this time.

Bolivia is one of the best specials. Not sure what to think about the trailer for this one, but I'll try and reserve judgement for when I've seen it!

Just hoping this is a good as the India & Africa specials. India was a 9/10, Africa was 9.5/10. The Bolivia special is still the only 10/10 I have given to their specials. Botswana was a 9/10 and Polar special was a 9.5/10.

Just hoping this is a good as the India & Africa specials. India was a 9/10, Africa was 9.5/10. The Bolivia special is still the only 10/10 I have given to their specials. Botswana was a 9/10 and Polar special was a 9.5/10.

Only you could rate the India special 9/10.

Bolivia was boring and India was a complete embarrassment, so much so that I was cringing for them as I watched it. Even Wilman acknowledged that they had dropped the ball massively with the latter, both online and to me in person at a recording. I even smuggled in a pack of mini poppadoms for him to give him an idea of something that was special and Indian.

Clarkson also alluded to the same fact at a subsequent recording. At which point the jeer you can hear in the background came from this direction.

Bolivia wasn't boring. Sure, it had a couple of cheesy bits, and maybe took them too long to get the cars off the boat/raft, but the interaction between the presenters was great, especially at the high altitude bits. The second Africa special (the 2-parter) started OK, but went downhill. IMO, nothing can beat Botswana for camaderie, entertainment, and cars. Polar was OK, visually and as a challenge, but for me it just missed something. Maybe because the three weren't together.

Botswana stands head and shoulders above the others because even the scripted dicking around worked.

Also I have only just noticed that in the photo I just posted the dude from Grant Wood's "American Gothic" was at the same recording. :lmao:

250px-Grant_Wood_-_American_Gothic_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

Bolivia was lame.

So now we're not even waiting until an episode has aired before proclaiming it "shite".

Why all the negativity? If you hate what the show has become then just go watch reruns of the episodes you liked.

So far, it's pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, they "improve" their trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.