[21x07] March 16th, 2014 [Burma Special, Part 2]

[21x07] March 16th, 2014 [Burma Special, Part 2]

• Total voters
9/10 for me. Some seriously hysterical parts in this one. Apart from the obviously fake pissing I don't really have any complaints.

Fun to watch, but nothing really spectacular. I think they've pretty well done the "buy some cheap local bucket and drive around in it" thing to death at this point.

7/10.

As having watched both episodes together now, the first part also for the first time, I found the british-history a bit overdone considering that much of the film "A Bridge over River Kwai" was mostly fictional.

Otherwise, the special showcased yet again a stunning place of our planet Earth!

Episode demonstrates why SE Asia is the best place to live.

The trio's gags are getting a bit tired though, particularly the golden shower; either those were water bottles or May should give Guinness a call (I'm 99% sure it was the former).

I found the british-history a bit overdone considering that much of the film "A Bridge over River Kwai" was mostly fictional.

But based on a true story, a lot of Commonwealth soldiers toiled in those conditions on the Burma Railway. That particular story is just universally identifiable so makes sense they would use it as a basis.

Last edited:
Part Deux was a little bit of a let down from last week, but perhaps my expectations were a bit high as I expected them to find Malaysian flight 370. So I was going to give them a 8, but the closing credits homage to Kelly's Hero's along with Burning Bridges soundtrack and I tossed in a extra point. Original credit roll can be found here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqSiLL8U3vo.

Woof Woof Woof, that's my other dog impression

Last edited:
It was better than part 1, hilarious at parts, had breathtakingly beautiful shots, and I was amazed about how they actually built a bridge and drove some trucks over them (and it just had to be done over the Kok river :lol:).

9/10. Great end to a solid series. :)

Last edited:
Improvement on last week indeed. 9/10.

Has anyone else had issues with the newer SD version? Mine goes all wonky at 1:00:51 and seems to skip a little straight to the credits :|

Last edited:
What's the over/under on if they really made Hamster shower in piss water?

Was that a UFO captured at 10:39

-always love the specials.

To all those with problems with the SD version....I have to ask, why are you even getting the SD version?! Don't you want to see all the beautiful scenery from Burma and Thailand in HD and not fuzzy, globby, smudgey, 1990's SD?! I don't get why you'd even get the SD version of a show like this at all.

Anyway...the special gets a solid 9 from me. Love all the scenery, looks beautiful in that part of the world. As Clarkson said, if I were there I'd probably be stopping every 5 minutes to take a landscape photo. The guys talking about the villagers probably having never seen a westerner while standing in front of an ad for Chelsea was funny. All the "House of Flying Daggers" music was very fitting. And of course the "Kelly's Heroes" song at the end was perfect! Great stuff boys, enjoyed this whole series!

To all those with problems with the SD version....I have to ask, why are you even getting the SD version?! Don't you want to see all the beautiful scenery from Burma and Thailand in HD and not fuzzy, globby, smudgey, 1990's SD?! I don't get why you'd even get the SD version of a show like this at all.

Most of us have computers with not alot of HD spaces. :p
Anywhoo, it's a 7/10 from me. Then again, both came and averaged a 7/10. Some spots could use improvements but it's not too bad.