22 dead in Va. Tech shooting rampage

So what? It?s your gun control coming home at you....wonder why these massacres always happen in the USA?

More:

Germany, March 2000: A 16-year-old pupil at a private boarding school in the Bavarian town of Branneburg, shot a 57-year-old teacher, who later died from injuries.

The teenager - who also shot himself - was facing expulsion from school after failing a cannabis test.

Germany, February 2002: A former pupil killed his headmaster and set off pipe bombs in the technical school he had recently been expelled from in Freising near Munich.

The man also shot dead his boss and a foreman at the company he worked for before turning the gun on himself. Another teacher was shot in the face, but survived.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1953425.stm

Germnay: November 20, 2006, An 18-year-old gun freak wearing a suicide belt and armed with bombs, rifles and pistols stormed into his former school and opened fire on teachers and pupils, wounding 11 before killing himself. He posted a farewell letter in the Internet calling himself a loser and saying: "I loathe people."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,449492,00.html
http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,449814,00.html

Germany: May 2002, ROBERT Steinh?user apparently prepared for months for the shooting spree in a German school that left 17 people dead, receiving the permit he used to buy the weapons just weeks after he was told to leave the school.
http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=311&id=467452002
http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=311&id=455222002

Last edited:
pwned.jpg

These are the only shootings ever occured in Germany, and all of them together are way beyond the current shooting record in your holy nation.

And it was so clear that a Nazi comment had to come, it?s the last excuse when you have no rational facts. And btw: Gun laws where different that time...just to shoot Americans, you know.

At least our vice president didn?t shoot at someones face by accident....

wow, first you say these always happen in the USA, then you're proven wrong and you dodge around it by uttering some useless nonsense. Way to go, bud....

Good to see that all you guys won't mind taking this tragedy as an opportunity to fight out your little sandbox battles. Whoever wins this petty Internet fight, this thread will lose.

All of you involved in this better take that shit elsewhere or I'll start handing out one day bans for prickish behaviour.

Now back on topic.

So, it's down to gun control.

Well, I've been thinking again, so any pro-gun-activists, members of the NRA, or just Charlot Heston, can take a cup of coffee now.

I guess you do have the right to bear arms. Why not the right to bare arms at the same time? Hm.

I've done some checking up, if you ask your local sheriff for permission, you are alloved to stand in the middle of your city, with only your panties on, shouting about how men should have the right to give birth to babies - fans of Monty Python might giggle now, please - as long as you don't get in the way of people or traffic.

So, I wonder, why is this right not excercised?

My question must be, WHY do you need guns? All the statistics say that in 98 percent of the cases, the gun owner ends up shooting someone in his own family, when an intruder enters. I am sure you're thinking that you did so very well at the shooting range last week, so you won't miss, right? Don't think those who ended up shooting their child in the leg didn't think that? It gets a whole lot different when you're excited, maybe a little scared, you might not find your glasses, you need to keep 'tactical movement' in mind, and so on. It really gets a lot more difficult quite suddenly.

I just don't get it. If I were into hunting, I'd get a rifle, and lock it up somewhere, if I wanted to shoot for sport, I'd get a target gun or something. Maybe a Beretta after a while to get some new challenge, you get the point. But why do you need a hand gun in your house, in the top drawr next to your bed?

Sorry, I don't get it.

Enough about that.

This is a tragedy, and I really must wonder why things like this happens. It's only to expect that once in a while, some kid gets mad at someone, I guess probably because he'd been humping his girlfriend, and shoots him in the face. I get that. That's anger. Understandable anger. Not excusable anger, but you get my point.

But what pushed a guy into shooting dozens of people who've might never done him anything at all? This is a true tragedy, and now the local law enforcement should get on the top of this, which I suppose they allready are.

Last edited:
Good to see that all you guys won't mind taking this tragedy as an opportunity to fight out your little sandbox battles. Whoever wins this petty Internet fight, this thread will lose.

All of you involved in this better take that shit elsewhere or I'll start handing out one day bans for prickish behaviour.

Now back on topic.

Thanks Swek. The only reason why I posted what I did was to try to get D-Fence to knock it off because I thought he was being really insensitive about it all (although others started it). I apologize if I went too far, but my intention was not to argue, but to show how stupid arguing about this stuff really is.

Like I said earlier, some people are really insensitive.....

Last edited:
Viscious circle......because the attacker might have a gun you need one too, and an attacker needs one because you might have one.

My question must be, WHY do you need guns?

That is the point of a right. You may not exercise it, you may not need it but it is still your right. You have the choice. RIP.

And it was so clear that a Nazi comment had to come, it?s the last excuse when you have no rational facts.

:boohoo: If you know it's gonna come, why the hell would you instigate it by posting? If you can't stand the heat...

Topic: I feel sorry for the parents who don't know what happened to their child. Can you imagine getting that call? Or your parents?

Last edited:
Dude, I am German, do you really think I care about Nazi comments? I had to live with them ever since I entered the internet....

Quote:
My question must be, WHY do you need guns?

That is the point of a right. You may not exercise it, you may not need it but it is still your right. You have the choice.

This is a fascinating argumentation. But how can you then be safe without exercising this right? This would mean this right forces you to have a gun as soon as the first person buys a gun, because you can?t defend yourself from that point on...

*ugh*... How many gun control flame wars have we had on this forum? Seriously, take it elswhere or...
:dancinglock:

It always pisses me off when these people kill themselves after. These people do not deserve a death penalty, either self induced or by the state. They should slowly rot for the rest of their years in a tiny cell with absolutely no outside contact of any form.

just a back to topic question as news coverage is over in Germany:

Did they find out if it really only was one guy and why he could manage a 2h delay between the shootings without anything happening?