22 dead in Va. Tech shooting rampage

Thanks Swek. The only reason why I posted what I did was to try to get D-Fence to knock it off because I thought he was being really insensitive about it all (although others started it). I apologize if I went too far, but my intention was not to argue, but to show how stupid arguing about this stuff really is.

Like I said earlier, some people are really insensitive.....
+1

just a back to topic question as news coverage is over in Germany:

Did they find out if it really only was one guy and why he could manage a 2h delay between the shootings without anything happening?

The rampage began about 7:15 a.m. ET at West Ambler Johnston, a coeducational residence hall that houses 895 people. The gunman, armed with a 9-mm pistol and a .22-caliber handgun, killed two people there before making his way to Norris Hall, an engineering classroom building on the opposite end of the 2,600-acre campus.

About 9:15, the gunman chained the doors of the classroom building so his potential victims could not escape and police could not enter. There, he shot as many as 46 more people.

Not until 9:26 did the first warning to students and employees go out by e-mail, according to the time stamps on copies obtained by NBC News. By then, the classroom shooting was well under way.

The first e-mail had few details. It said: ?A shooting incident occurred at West Amber Johnston earlier this morning. Police are on the scene and are investigating.? The message warned students to be cautious and contact police about anything suspicious.

Maurice Hiller, a student, told The Associated Press that he went to a 9 a.m. class just two buildings away from the engineering building and that no warnings were coming over the outdoor public address system on campus at the time.

Steger said at a briefing for reporters that administrators and police initially believed the first shooting was an isolated domestic incident and did not see a need to close the university. Steger said they believed the gunman had fled the campus.

Apperantly he locked hmiself in a building. There was probably mass confusion also.

Perkins said the gunman never said a word. ?He didn?t say, ?Get down.? He didn?t say anything.? He just started shooting.?

The gunman left that classroom and then tried to return, but students kept him out by bracing the door closed with their feet. ?He started to try to come in again and started shooting through the door,? Perkins said, but hit no one.

?I got on the ground and I was just thinking, like, there?s no way I?m going to survive this,? Perkins said. ?All I could keep thinking of was my mom.?

Wow, unbelievable...fucking bastard.

Last edited:
Hey, all of you insensitive pricks... You didn't have friends who were there... You don't have friends who you can't contact and aren't sure whether they are dead or not... Please save your political bullshit until later, at least when those of us who have to grieve can. I don't care if you like or hate gun control, but go make another thread and stop shitting in this one.

You go Nomix!
Nice for a change.

*ugh*... How many gun control flame wars have we had on this forum? Seriously, take it elswhere or...
:dancinglock:
Flamewares are stupid. But as long as we can argumentate seriously, I won't call it a flame war. :)

I am very sorry for the OT, just needed to add that.

Hey, all of you insensitive pricks... You didn't have friends who were there... You don't have friends who you can't contact and aren't sure whether they are dead or not... Please save your political bullshit until later, at least when those of us who have to grieve can. I don't care if you like or hate gun control, but go make another thread and stop shitting in this one.

Hey hokie, I just wanted to say that I hope you and everyone you're close to is okay. Take care.

These are the only shootings ever occured in Germany, and all of them together are way beyond the current shooting record in your holy nation.

Shall we compare populations or country sizes? :roll:

Let's just move on...

It was the Russians that started it, not the USA. Usa is lala happytown land where everybody is happy. No need to criticize this great nation, you understand! You are just jealous!

Imho that is just a way of darwin?s theory, you guys are killing each other.......

So what? It?s your gun control coming home at you....wonder why these massacres always happen in the USA?

:cry: This is not like you at all to comment in this manner. It saddens me that someone of your high intelligence and character would type this, but your comments do not anger me in the slightest.

God lay to rest the souls of the ones who were killed. You are in my prayers tonight.

I don't pray, so I won't pray, but those dead, they are in my mind, the same goes for the next of kind, those injured, those who heard of it, and didn't know what to believe, if their loved ones were alive, and everyone that suffered. It's a great tragedy, let's all hope it won't happen again.

Never been good at this, but please believe me when I say, that I feel very sad over this.

Rest in Peace.

Hopefully people you know got out alright :(

Hope your friends are fine.

This is a tragic story, and i'm probably going to avoid most of the network media coverage. CNN already had a cell phone video that they aired alongside a shot counter, counting the 27 shots it picked up. Pointless if you ask me.

Yeah I saw that and turned the channel, pretty distasteful.

Yeah, bringing Jack Thompson onto Fox News to claim "Video Games caused this" is pretty distasteful too. The Westboro Baptist Church asshats plan to protest the funerals of the deceased students as well... There's clearly something wrong with this world that people can be so terrible, especially a time of great loss for a community, and moreover for a nation.

As for my personal friends, all of my friends are safe. I have one friend who was really good friends with someone who was killed and my friend is shaken pretty badly by this event. I have another friend who had a good friend (that I didn't know well) who was shot 4 times, but he has come out of surgery, and is expected to recover. I'm still waiting on hearing from extended friends, but my direct friends are ok.

I'm still waiting to find out if one of my favorite professors from my time at Tech was involved. He had a class scheduled at the time, in the building that was affected, and if I remember the layout of the building correctly, was very close to where the majority of the casualties were.

I end this post with a single thought: "This is a tragedy in American history. So for today, forget any and all of your college affiliations. For today, we are all Hokies."

Glad to hear your friends are ok, hokiethang.

Yeah, bringing Jack Thompson onto Fox News to claim "Video Games caused this" is pretty distasteful too. The Westboro Baptist Church asshats plan to protest the funerals of the deceased students as well...

There's your proof, folks. Some people are irredeemable assholes.

I hate Jack Thompson with an unending passion. :mad:

Yeah, bringing Jack Thompson onto Fox News to claim "Video Games caused this" is pretty distasteful too. The Westboro Baptist Church asshats plan to protest the funerals of the deceased students as well... There's clearly something wrong with this world that people can be so terrible, especially a time of great loss for a community, and moreover for a nation.
There have been, and always will be, terrible people in this world hoping to capitalize on horrific events as this.

The best thing to do is keep moving forward and being a good person yourself. I'm glad that your friends are OK and my thoughts are with those affected by this terrible event.

this is truly tragic...i have always admired VT as a school and it is one of the schools that i would like to go to when i go to college

to hokiethang and anybody else who knows anybody at VT, i hope everything is ok and my thoughts will be with you

Second Amendment: declares "a well regulated militia" as "necessary" to maintaining a free state, and as explanation for prohibiting infringement of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

if you accept the above, you accept that you can and will be shot.

the fault lies with the country!

I guess he was trying to make a "free state"

That is utterly horrendous. I can't imagine what I'd do if that happened when I was at uni.

Hokiethang, I hope you and your friends are OK and to anyone else out there who knows people at VT, my thoughts are with you.

Second Amendment: declares "a well regulated militia" as "necessary" to maintaining a free state, and as explanation for prohibiting infringement of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

if you accept the above, you accept that you can and will be shot.

the fault lies with the country!

I guess he was trying to make a "free state"

This is not the place for this... This will be the only warning. If you want to talk politics, create a new thread or use one of the old ones in the political discussion area.

To those who are worried, I graduated from Tech a year and a half ago, and I still have a number of friends down there. I'm about 200 miles north of campus (so I was never in danger). A number of my friends are tied closely to the situation, and are having a tough time, and I'd really like to go down to the convocation that they are doing tomorrow and support them, but unfortunately I still have to work.

Last edited: