[22x00a] December 27th, 2014 [Patagonia Special, Part 1]

I can't find it anywhere either. Shazam, SoundHound, and Google aren't any help.

The only thing I can think it might be is an original recording which is commonly dubbed over licensed music in a soundtrack when there are licensing issues in distribution.

It sounds like folks are sure the UK airing included Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye and we know the U.S. airing did not. Since TGUK is produced in the UK I suppose it's possible that BBC America couldn't work out the royalty agreement with Tamla (Motown Records) by the time the episode was scheduled to air in the U.S.

They may have substituted an original recording in a production studio or pulled from what's called "stock" a song that fit the pace and feel of the scene. The only thing I can think of at this point is to e-mail the BBC or James Bryce and ask...If anyone here has contact with anyone on the production team I think we would all be greatful if they could solve the mystery.

Does anybody have any news on this , that song is stuck in my head but I cant find the artist or lyrics .:(

Does anybody have any news on this , that song is stuck in my head but I cant find the artist or lyrics .:(
Can someone post or direct me to a sound clip from the USA version? Usually, as James May would say, I "couldn't be bothered" with the replacement/production music, but maybe I can help, since so many people want to find it so bad :)

Last edited:
It is "I've been waiting for so long" in The Vintage Soul Era album by Jean Luc Leonardon, Eric Starczan, Christophe Deschamps, Vincent Perrot and Jennifer Jordan

well, I think the song itself is sang by Jennifer Jordan...

22:17-22:42 Only Two Names Remain by Tyler Bates
34:17-34:49 The Seal People by Atli ?rvarsson