[22x00b] December 28th, 2014 [Patagonia Special, Part 2]

[22x00b] December 28th, 2014 [Patagonia Special, Part 2]

• Total voters
Did anyone else notice the wheels on the Lotus were changed half way through the second part? Maybe to help make the suspension more comfortable for James.

Last edited:
They changed to studded winter tires in punta arenas, i'd guess the rims on the lotus were so big they couldn't get ones that would have fit on them.

does anyone know what the song is called on part 2 of this eventful journey at the 17:55 mark?

It was fine for me, as a whole maybe is a bit long and the part with another offroading in the beach was too much.
I've been in those roads and there are other paved routes to choose, they choose the worst ones. Just too much offroading.
The mustang had skeaks? since minute 1.
A Solid 8 but they are repeating themselves.

People in the south of argentina are mostly very welcoming, sad all went wrong because of a little group... And probably they had similar problems without the licence plate, there are some who just hate brits.

The scenery and photography was the best

That was actually pretty entertaining! The first part was ok, but i enjoyed the second part really much. The scenery, filming, cars etc. was well put together, and i didn`t look at the clock a single time. Will watch it again many times! The episode also makes me want to visit this areas. Maybe with a normal number plate though...

When does the next episode come out?

Firstly like most, the lovely cinematography and epic once in a life time trip (I like their researcher to come plan my holidays) which would been fantastic, except for the 3 horses cocks who try to sell flopping about in field by the road as treking in the wilderness. I've had the chance to make some epic trips and the staged stuff isn't necessary. Things happen people bond makes for a genuine experience I'm guessing it has more to do with their age and not wanting to do a real trip but a one pseudo-ish one with 31 support staff.

Secondly Despite how much Clarkeson goes on about war heroes VC winners etc. When his school boy prank (that number plate) back fires he doesn't stand up like the hero's he so claim to ape but rather scurries away to a dark corner while his film crew bear the brunt of he's foolishness (esp the poor guy who had to drive his 928).

Also is Clarkson turning into Shane MacGowan. Hes teeth make mine ache just looking at him.

Top gears been dead for years (proof of why you need mandatory retirement) but I still watch hoping they'll take all that opportunity and not waste it.

I liked it, not so much for the fresh ideas or amazing stuff they did with the cars, because there was none of that, but more because of the journey itself.

The whole Argentina thing shows exactly what kind of country it is especially due to the little remark they made about how Argentina also quibbles over ownership of a few islands with Chile and frankly, as a country it can just fck off. There's a valid reason why the other South American countries don't like Argentina too much and it's not just because of the extended holidays of some Germans.

Next year they should go to Canada, if they manage to piss off the Canadians they should get some kind of medal.

I agree a 100% :cool:

The thing that worries me is that the boys are starting to "build" something in the latest special episodes. Why can't they have a decent race or another type of ending? If the whole plan didn't get interrupted by the mob, they would have "build" an arena :blink:

PS: Anyone know when series 22 will start?

Secondly Despite how much Clarkeson goes on about war heroes VC winners etc. When his school boy prank (that number plate) back fires he doesn't stand up like the hero's he so claim to ape but rather scurries away to a dark corner while his film crew bear the brunt of he's foolishness (esp the poor guy who had to drive his 928).
First read about the facts, before saying stupid things.
http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2014/10/10/top-gear-in-argentina-what-really-happened/

show was ok , getting too staged, why walk back to the town, perfectly good road why not drive? hence way too much staging on the show

show was ok , getting too staged, why walk back to the town, perfectly good road why not drive? hence way too much staging on the show

You mean why walk along the road that had a padlocked gate on it? (Ignoring the fact that the locals with the horses probably had a key.)

However, rule of thumb is, the more stupid people are the more agressive and nationalist they are.

Are these the kind of stupid nationalistic comments you refer to: Koreans at Hyundai ate Spaniels, using the n-word while reciting nursery rhyme, referring to an Asian man crossing the River Kwai as a 'slope', to name three very recent events? If so I completely agree.

Honestly this whole false jeopardy theme of the road trips is getting old. Oh look, Hammond is stuck again! How will he survive? Oh look James painted a "Gay Love Rulez" on Hammonds car in the South, wonder if anyone will take offence and will he survive? It has been a bit predictable for a very long time, it is boring, and the people who are being insulted do not have private security and a international media empire to protect them. It is also an insult to viewers intelligence.

This episode was always meant to end with the license plate getting mangled/burnt/cut/painted so that it would read 1982 FLK so that win or lose (most likely lose) with Clarkson placed in front of the car intoning "The plucky Brits may have lost this battle, but at least we won the war. See you next time, goodnight." You want put the team in real jeopardy, have them paint their cars with antii-islamic slogans and drive though Mecca insulting the Muhammed and I will be happy to watch to see which is beheaded first.

Don't make snarky remarks about the "baby Jesus" and tell me Clarkson is edgy and controversial when he is nothing but a upper-class bore trying to earn some bucks to pay off his ex-wives so he can continue to bang his personal assistants, by taking on safe targets. He make Piers Morgan look like Winston Churchill by comparison.

I cannot imagine Top Gear lasts another season. "On Top Gear tonight. I set James hair on fire, I set Richards Mustang on fire, and I jump a pond full of flaming sharks using a Toyota pickup-boat!" Ohh I wonder if they survive?

Last edited:
Are these the kind of stupid nationalistic comments you refer to: Koreans at Hyundai ate Spaniels, using the n-word while reciting nursery rhyme, referring to an Asian man crossing the River Kwai as a 'slope', to name three very recent events? If so I completely agree.

Honestly this whole false jeopardy theme of the road trips is getting old. Oh look, Hammond is stuck again! How will he survive? Oh look James painted a "Gay Love Rulez" on Hammonds car in the South, wonder if anyone will take offence and will he survive? It has been a bit predictable for a very long time, it is boring, and the people who are being insulted do not have private security and a international media empire to protect them. It is also an insult to viewers intelligence.

This episode was always meant to end with the license plate getting mangled/burnt/cut/painted so that it would read 1982 FLK so that win or lose (most likely lose) with Clarkson placed in front of the car intoning "The plucky Brits may have lost this battle, but at least we won the war. See you next time, goodnight." You want put the team in real jeopardy, have them paint their cars with antii-islamic slogans and drive though Mecca insulting the Muhammed and I will be happy to watch to see which is beheaded first.

Don't make snarky remarks about the "baby Jesus" and tell me Clarkson is edgy and controversial when he is nothing but a upper-class bore trying to earn some bucks to pay off his ex-wives so he can continue to bang his personal assistants, by taking on safe targets. He make Piers Morgan look like Winston Churchill by comparison.

I cannot imagine Top Gear lasts another season. "On Top Gear tonight. I set James hair on fire, I set Richards Mustang on fire, and I jump a pond full of flaming sharks using a Toyota pickup-boat!" Ohh I wonder if they survive?

You just went full retard, never go full retard.

What's with you guys? Spoiled beyond belief. TG cannot reinvent television for your entertainment every year.

9/10. Fantastic TV. Loved the cars and the ending was genuinely scary.

You just went full retard, never go full retard.

Agreed. The best part of his tirade:

Last edited by JosefCarlin; Today at 05:57 PM. Reason: Gratitious remarks about Clarksons church mouse penis removed.

What's with you guys? Spoiled beyond belief. TG cannot reinvent television for your entertainment every year.

9/10. Fantastic TV. Loved the cars and the ending was genuinely scary.

It was a great episode. I love the car vs nature bits. Bolivia being the best of the lot.

really boring....same gags time after time....so dumbed down now....can't they pointlessly kill something less good than a 928/esprit/mustang?

Amen to that. I was completely turned off when I saw how nice their cars were going into it.

This whole "buy a car and do challenges" bit started waaaaaaaaay back with the ?100 challenge. It worked then, because they were cheap, silly, throwaway cars. Now they're just putting very nice, very cool cars into different countries and destroying them; it's exhausting.

Where can I get that Barry Sheene documentary aired just after part 2 ?

Opinion 1: People who weren't there saying the reg plate was intended as a joke, backed by no evidence but say it's possible by past behaviour so it must be so.

Opinion 2: People who were there and are eyewitnesses claim the joke wasn't intended.

Which would be accepted as evidence in a court [other than the kangaroo variety]?

Opinions are worth nothing [except to the individual who believes them] unless some evidence can be produced to show the defense is lying.

For what can be expected from Top Gear these days, I think this episode was great! Epic cinematography, awesome scenery, great driving roads, great weather, the race on the desert was entertaining with all three cars sliding around and I was generally enjoying. I can forgive the usual bandwagon jokes but I genuinely felt a bit sad when James got horse-hurt. But my most favourite thing? The sound of that Mustang! I will never, ever forget that sound. It was the best sounding of the three cars and one of the best sounding V8s ever. I don't think any Mustang or V8 will ever sound like that. That alone meant that it was no less than 9/10. But that ending! I really felt like if I was driving one of those cars, I would have run those stone-throwing pricks over. But the crew handled the situation quite well. And for sheer drama and entertainment of the last 5 or 10 minutes, I'm going to give this a 10/10.