[22x01] January 25th, 2015

[22x01] January 25th, 2015

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Sorry for the delay -- I didn't even realize Top Gear returned today. Not having to release torrents has made me lazy. :eek:

No asking where to download the episode please. We don't do that here anymore.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see tomorrow! Anyone know if they got in any trouble in Russia?

A solid episode. Before people start, I doubt Hammond's first fall was faked. It looks like he wasn't paying attention to the road in his quest for speed and fell into a trolly track.

Rehashed bit that was only mildly interesting the first time. Lambo review was not bad. No idea who the guest was, watched one min and jumped forward. Very average 5/10 for me. Hopefully this is not going to be the trend this series.

The race in St Petersburg was better than the London race imho, it was a tad silly with Jeremy not knowing how to drive the hovercraft but all in all it was a better version of the city race.
The Lambo test was alright although I like the new Lambo that is more serious, I get the mad Lambo stuff they talked about but I think it's still a mad car.

Ed was a bit boring as a guest, seemed like he wasn't interest at being on the show at all and it was just some PR for him.

Giving this first episode of the new series 8/10.

I enjoyed it. It was way better than Patagonia. A couple of cringy bits, but overall, enjoyable. And I had no idea who Ed Sheeran was, either.

A decent enough episode... though the SiaRPC was zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. And, I must say, I wholeheartedly disagree on the looks of the Huracan. I think it looks fantastic with just enough sinister angles to make it look a bit menacing. It looks WORLDS better than the original Gallardo.

A solid 8/10. A better guest would have brought it up to a 9.

I do wonder what's up with the Chilean flag pins they had on their jackets this episode.
Maybe coz the Chilean government saved the asses of their film crew when they got chased down by those insane Argentinian "war veterans" in Tierra del Fuego?

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoyed it. It was way better than Patagonia. A couple of cringy bits, but overall, enjoyable. And I had no idea who Ed Sheeran was, either.
Judging by your name you may be happy to know that Kiefer Sutherland will be on the show next week.

A solid episode. Before people start, I doubt Hammond's first fall was faked. It looks like he wasn't paying attention to the road in his quest for speed and fell into a trolly track.

I agree. Also, the only angles visible are the head and bike mounted GoPros and the frantic camera action afterwards. That usually means genuine stuff, not scripted gags.

Overall I really enjoyed the episode, and, if this quality is kept throughout the series, I think it will be a good one.

I enjoyed that- the race segment was solid entertainment, and it was clear that Hammond really did fall quite heavily- I always wince when he does stuff, lest he whack his head again...

I'm in the UK so had heard of the guest, but he was still a tad dull; it's always going to depend on what you think of the guest whether you like that segment or not, so I'd not even count that in towards any episode rating.

Good stuff.

A decent one, I enjoyed it.

Pretty good opening for the series (very happy it's 10 eps to make up for the missed season last summer). Only thing that bothered me was the Lambo film was entirely "wide screen" which is stupid because it just takes away pretty much half the picture with black bars that should be filled with HD goodness (they did it before but not for the whole film).

Pretty decent episode to begin the season with. The race was funny and the jokes were not forced except the hovercraft jokes. The Lambo segment was pretty good and the lap time it laid down was better than i expected. Still had under steer in every corner though.

Now i will watch the BBC America version tomorrow and see if they keep the show or cut it up.

Great show TG!!

Only thing that bothered me was the Lambo film was entirely "wide screen" which is stupid because it just takes away pretty much half the picture with black bars that should be filled with HD goodness (they did it before but not for the whole film).
The word you are looking for is "scope". The series is already in wide screen. They just took it a further step to a cinemascope ~2.35:1 aspect ratio. I agree it wasn't needed.

Ok start to the series. The race had a few good lines, Richard's crashed looked harsh. I'm sure he got some good road rash and bled a bit. I like Ed's music, don't care for him as a guest on TG. The Lambo film wasn't bad. I have a feeling that they feel like they are repeating themselves every time a new supercar gets replaced so they come up with poor excuses as to why they don't like it just to keep things different. I fully expect they'll do the same with the F-Type Coupe R when it is reviewed.

And we are back to recycled movie soundtracks. This time Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes.

St.P race was OK, nothing too surprising, not extremely funny...but at least it did not get silly either.
1st bike crash was genuine, I believe. "A jam is a jam, even for a twizzy" should not be a big surprise, should it? Include a Vespa next time.
Lambo test was pretty good - very good I should say, given it was a Hammond segment.
I did expect more german engineering with no style kind of jokes. imho the car will be a real success (yes, in terms of sales)
I like Ed's music, nice guy and all that, hats off for learning to drive like that on a racetrack...but the interview was pretty boring,
no car history obviously...but does he cycle, use a scooter, tube, chauffeur...any mobility related talks at least, best massage seats in S Class or Maybach ?
News was good. Best joke overall was the Chile flags, loved it...gotta be careful, when I will be in Patagonia end of feb ;-)
Good, solid episode, after a long wait : 7.5 , so it's an 8.

Didn't realise this was on until half an hour after it finished.
The need to stop the 'coming up' its 4 days long and I don't watch it, on purpose.
860 grams? Fuck me.
It was going well, until the start of the hovercraft 'comedy'
James trainers were awesome. :D but why's he wearing a gilet?
Any idiot can drive an auto.
She was sunbathing on a pallet. :lmao:
As much as I hate Dicky, he's got balls to bike in Russia.

They turned down the stupid! :woot: And did a decent repeat of an already good race! :happy: If this is a sign of things to come, my next ten Sundays will end very late indeed.

edit: well, the next nine Sundays :lol:

Last edited: