[22x01] January 25th, 2015

[22x01] January 25th, 2015

• Total voters
I can't wait for their next foray to America from the montage. They're driving a Raptor!

Why use a Tweezey when there are better city cars?

1. Novelty - they've never had a Twizy before
2. This sort of situation is what the Twizy's being marketed to address
3. No way the G-Wiz needs any more publicity
4. First time that the electric car gets to be the "hero" on TG
5. There's an irony in the fact that the bicycle costs more than the car yet is more fragile in an urban environment

Nice episode, with a nice race in it. I want Hammond's bike (intact please :p) although I don't believe the claimed weight. And also, respect for riding a bike in Russian traffic.

Hurac?n review - I agree with them, Lamborghini isn't supposed to make cars that good. :D

Ed something - never heard of him. Chilean flags - didn't notice.

What led them to believe that picking a SIARPC who doesn't own a driving license because he has absolutely zero interest in cars was a good idea? That was no fun at all to watch.
Enjoyed the race very much.
Lambo review - Was incredible to watch but it sounds different when Hammond is critical about cars and maybe not as convincing. The design ? It hasn' t caught on yet, it is the lambo of the future, but too new for now.
7/10.

Awesome debut and great to hear we have nine episodes left! I like the "stig in the real world" gag and Jeremy powersliding the hovercraft was full of laughs.

8/10! Thanks Wilman and crew.

A good episode, I think. Solid 7+. I was expecting more because of the long wait, but perhaps my expectations were too high, especially since I've been re-watching some of the older series to fill the gap.

I would have liked even a brief aside by the presenters regarding the Chilean lapel flag pins.

The star in the reasonably priced car was not known to me...but then I recognize the Genesis songs they torment Richard with in just a few notes, which shows you my musical "age".

I'm looking forward to the US vs UK Top Gear, noting that Tanner Foust is a driver of some skills - especially in rallycross cars.

Last edited:
I gave it a 8.5. The only thing I didn't like was the SIARPC..just never heard of him. But he did okay I guess.

anyone else notice that the Lambo review had 2 different sets of numberplates?

350 & 351!

could it have been the same car on 2 days, 2 different cars on the same day or Hammo broke one and they needed a spare came back with the same colour?

anyone else notice that the Lambo review had 2 different sets of numberplates?

350 & 351!

could it have been the same car on 2 days, 2 different cars on the same day or Hammo broke one and they needed a spare came back with the same colour?

One was the Studio car, and the other was the track car. Remember they film months ago for each show.

I liked it for the simple fact that it was the first show of the new series, but overall, it was decent.

But my favorite part of the show was when the words "we're back" was spoken :D

While the Stig was feeding the ducks they weren't grabbing at what he was throwing; I suspect he was giving them gravel. The next cut of him was that the ducks had run away from him.

Decent episode. Some laughs from the hovercraft nonsense, good news segment, good Lambo review. (the general squashedness of it was a bit annoying, though, as is their unnatural coloring fetish; why can't outdoor segments look natural like the studio segments do once in a while?) Had no clue who the kid was until I came here. (I generally don't care about pop culture nowadays, especially most mainstream music)

I give it 7/10. That means future episodes could improve by up to 30%! ;) I'm thinking 20% is most realistic, though.

While the Stig was feeding the ducks they weren't grabbing at what he was throwing; I suspect he was giving them gravel. The next cut of him was that the ducks had run away from him.

That must have been one of the two incorrect facts he knew about them.

I disagree with their verdict on the Lambo, though. If only for the fact that the Galliardo looked far more boring, and I don't remembrt them criticising it on that basis,

It's a great episode. Sure the race was scripted, but they aren't taking it so seriously this time, we know that Clarkson just wanted to do some cool slides in the hovercraft, and the Twiggy looks like a surprisingly good electric car. I'm surprised they didn't fake the running out of power bit in this race. The Huracan is badass, but I do agree with them that it's too German now. It feels like an Audi R8 with a different body.

That bike doesn't weigh 860 grams, I don't know what they were thinking. The tires alone weigh nearly half a kilogram. The whole thing probably weighs around 5 kg.

Also, its saddle is designed specifically to prevent erectile dysfunction. It's probably healthier to sit on that saddle than to be in that hovervan.