[22x02] February 1st, 2015

[22x02] February 1st, 2015

• Total voters
Forgot my old account
Great episode
During the beginning when they showed the 4,000 cows, anyone noticed one of them was trying to hump. :lol:

Last edited:
I felt they could've made more out of the australian scenery. But that's my only criticism regarding that one.

Some may have noticed that this is the first time Top Gear UK has used an idea from Top Gear US ;)

More to the point of noticing - nobody mentioned (yet) that the cows were very skinny...

the cows were very skinny...
Compared to most UK cattle, they do appear lean. However, the breed appeared to be mainly Brahman/Brahma which prefers a warm climate and has a natural resistance to many tropical insects. It's also drought tolerant especially when kept lean, which is the way many markets prefer their beef.

Great episode, but I'm surprised nobody has asked the question:

How on earth did the GTR lose in that drag race? Lightest and more or less equally highest powered and with AWD/aggressive launch control!

I can understand the BMW clawing back the lead against the Bentley, but the GTR should've leaped to the front from the beginning and kept pulling away for the rest of the race... confused.
You should look around for videos, there are quite a few on the web. Those cars are quite equally matched from a roll with bmw having better top end. It did ovetake it too easily though, but i guess bmw deals better with the heat, than GT-R does. I was much more surprised how well Bentley held them off.

Am I the only one who isn't surprised that the BMW finished ahead of the GTR in the longer drag race? I mean I fully expected it to be quickest off the line and it was and the fastest up the hill especially after English Stig got in but in a straight line I wasn't all that surprised that it was outdone by a twin turbo V8 BMW the I assume W12 twin turbo Bentley.
It is like the Bugatti against the Mclaren drag race Hammond had, the Mclaren may have gotten off the line quicker but once the Bugatti got up to speed it left it for chips as I believe they say.

Hey guys. I haven't been on here in some time. I just have some comments about TG that have been bugging me for about 2 years now.

I hate how every time they review the Nissan GT-R (and lets be real here, they have had the GT-R on the show at least 10 times by now...come on...get some new cars that we fans haven't seen yet!) they mention how the tires are filled with Nitrogen. So what? Every run-of-the-mill Kia or Hyundai has nitrogen in their tires where I live.

God, how I miss when Top Gear used to be a car show where they reviewed cars. This used to be a car show. This is just a blatantly scripted comedy show now which gets less and less funny with each passing episode.

I must say though, this was the best episode in a while, in that regard.

Living in Canada, I have been torrenting Top Gear immediately when it finished airing for the last 18 seasons or so on Sunday afternoon (time zone difference). This was (by far) my favourite show. Now, in season 22, I'm depressed to say that it is now Tuesday night before I bothered to download and watch it.

Please Top Gear, bring back the "car" to this car show.

Last edited:
Summer tires for my ?koda are filled with nitrogen as well. Winter tires aren't but will be after I refurbish the rims when winter is over...

Any tire service will use nitrogen for a little extra, there's no ado about it. I don't mind it but am quite surprised about pointing it out like it was anything special. :)

A mechanic once told me that getting Nitrogen in your tyres is a complete waste of money. He said that unless your are driving a racing car on a track, it really wouldn't make much difference. Also, most places don't actually suck all of the air out of the tyre before filling it with Nitrogen, so most of the people out there who think they are driving on Nitrogen are actually driving on a mixture.

Doesn't normal air consist of almost 80% nitrogen anyways?

Last edited:
Good episode, I guess a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

• The licence plate joke was a bit long, but given the context, that can easily be forgiven.
  • I cringed at their deduction from the brake test. Braking distances do increase more than linear, people...
  • Tho cow herding bit was stupid. If they wanted to show that Aussie cowboy use motherfucking helicopters, they could have just... shown that.
  • The discussion at the end was genuinely beautiful.
  • The interview: Kiefer Sutherland seemed to be nice, but damnit, can't he speak more articulate?

In Canada, we use nitrogen in our tires because temperature differences of the seasons (i.e. 35 degrees C in the summer versus negative 20 degrees C in the winter) doesn't affect the tire pressure.

Normal air changes drastically.

I think that Bentley Continental GT is the V8 since it has different bumpers, but Hammond should have chosen the Supersports than this, that ending argument was superb, the whole episode was great, but I felt they should have done more. Therefore giving 10/10

I WANT THAT GT-R I WANT THAT GT-R I WANT THAT GT-R

Brilliant episode, think Top Gear har started this season very good. Enjoyed both episodes a lot.

The part when the bull did headbutt the GTR was absolutely hilarious, and the number plate joke was also brilliant. Also enjoyed the reference to Chile through the picture og Alexis Sanchez.

9/10

A good episode but I do have to disagree with them re the GTR being a "Driver's Car"
Sure they are are very fast and will beat most other cars, but they have super-computers doing the 'driving'
They flatter average drivers making them appear better than they are. They are a car for the playstation generation, and leave me cold.
The KTM X-Bow or any Caterham 7 is a driver's car.

David

...and that's why EVO Magazine rates the GT-R as a better drivers car than the X-Bow.:lol:

The episode was pretty good!Two in a row, which makes me nervous for next week but let's see.