[22x03] February 8th, 2015

[22x03] February 8th, 2015

• Total voters
Not brilliant, but kept me entertained the whole time. Had a few good laughs as well.

8/10

Seems to me they are getting further and further away from having a show about cars. The cars have been the backdrop more and more lately. You could replace the cars now with bikes, boats, 4 wheelers, whatever and it still be the exact same show. I hope they get back to cars soon.

Seems to me they are getting further and further away from having a show about cars. The cars have been the backdrop more and more lately. You could replace the cars now with bikes, boats, 4 wheelers, whatever and it still be the exact same show. I hope they get back to cars soon.
+1
My thoughts exactly.

I miss the car reviews and things like that. Now its all about their challenges or those car vs. x races or other various buddy exploits and usually theyre all stretched out beyond good taste.

Its just NOT a BALANCED show anymore.

Last edited:
Seems to me they are getting further and further away from having a show about cars.

+1
My thoughts exactly.

I miss the car reviews and things like that. Now its all about their challenges or those car vs. x races or other various buddy exploits and usually theyre all stretched out beyond good taste.

Its just NOT a BALANCED show anymore.

Really?? You think????

Don't wanna patronize you but they have been on that course since Series 10 or so... Were you in a coma the whole time? :blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
Anyone wanna explain why the "Relax ladies" got that big a laugh to a foreigner ? ^^

I loved it. Think having one episode of just sillyness is exactly what's needed and then return to being all about car next week. 8/10

P.S. Did anyone noticed that Daniel Ricciardo had the wing mirrors folded in for his lap? I was curious has any other driving done that??

I wonder if the show is a victim of its own success. The buffoonery and scripted antics is probably a big reason why Americans like this show, since anything with actual information doesn't really go over well in America.

The thing is the 3 of them clearly know a LOT about cars and are still passionate. I miss the older, lighter challenges with less scripting and less explosions. e.g. the cheat Porsches challenge, which still has plenty of laughs but along the way you learn a lot too.

It's odd that they were talking about the town of Theale... as many have alluded to this wasn't Theale. They actually did the filming in Burghfield Common, about 5 miles away.

I wonder if the show is a victim of its own success. The buffoonery and scripted antics is probably a big reason why Americans like this show, since anything with actual information doesn't really go over well in America.

The thing is the 3 of them clearly know a LOT about cars and are still passionate. I miss the older, lighter challenges with less scripting and less explosions. e.g. the cheat Porsches challenge, which still has plenty of laughs but along the way you learn a lot too.

Americans? Not sure why you would bring americans up when the show has actually gained popularity in the UK compared to the last few seasons.

Americans? Not sure why you would bring americans up when the show has actually gained popularity in the UK compared to the last few seasons.

I only bring it up because for the first time its being simulcast in different countries and its a pretty popular show on BBC America.

I come here more than a little surprised. As someone who is renowned for hating heavily on this type of TG episode I surprised myself by really enjoying it. And I was all geared up to rank this alongside India and the trains fiasco as all time lows.

Unusually for this format they actually looked as if were trying to make a lot of the ideas work, however ridiculous, they were genuinely having fun (instead of pretending to) and even if they played to type as they usually do in these scenarios there was little of that "here's a gag that you can see coming a mile off". Yes the fail was there and of course it was planned but for once it was (mainly) only apparent after the fact and not 10 minutes before.

My thoughts exactly. I was full expecting one long groan, but found it entertaining and even hilariously funny at times.
Ricciardo's lap was blistering. Nice to see he has an attitude. Most present day F1 drivers are carefully groomed not to flip the bird in public.

Thought it provided laughs by the truckload. Right from Stig staring at the patient on the floor, to Hammond's patient delivery system - to Jeremy being transfixed by a rubber penis. It's not "proper Top Gear", but it was funny and entertaining, and sometimes (when done occasionally) it's wonderful.

Yeah it was staged and contrived, but to be honest when I was on the floor laughing, I really didn't care.

Okay, I have to admit, the "Thunderbirds" homage didn't really work for me (apart from James' miming Supermarionation).

This part made me laugh out loud, and choked on my drink. Someone needs to make a GIF.