[22x05] February 22nd, 2015

[22x05] February 22nd, 2015

• Total voters
Way to go Ferrari. Way to act like a bunch of Italian children.

Porsche agrees to let the 918 run a test lap. McLaren agrees as long as all three are customer cars so that Ferrari can't bring a tuned car like they have been known to do for power tests. Ferrari won't agree to let them test a car unless they're bringing it straight from the factory and to make it worse, tthey say that anyone who lets Top Gear test their customer car won't be allowed to buy a new Ferrari. Way to go, children.

Definitely won't be pulling for Vettel this year.

Nobody in the UK would ever buy the Corvette, apart from Hammond obviously.
James trainers again.
I died of boredom during the news.
I thought we were getting a p1 vs 918 vs la fer road trip?
Fuck me, Olly Murrs. Really? I would rather drink hemlock than see this cunt.
Yay a James and Jezza special. :D They have the best segments.
Why not the 1.9?
The 407 coupe looks nice.
Hmmmm, not great.

Solid if unspectacular up until the final film (Peugeot), which I think is one that will split the audience. I found it pretty hilarious myself though.

Hoping that Ferrari and McLaren will come to their senses at some point. I mean all three are sold out so frankly it doesn't matter what order they come in, but I think Ferrari and McLaren are too worried that the 918 will win.

This was going to be a borderline 10 out of 10 for me. Couldn't really fault it, but the Peugeot thing was something I didn't expect. Thought it would be a love story to the great Peugeot's, but instead it was reminiscent of the CUV caravan challenge from two years ago, bringing it down to a 7.

I could understand the three carmakers wanting their own test drivers driving, or even wanting to go to an impartial track (since the P1 was developed in part at Dunsfold), but the ridiculousness that Ferrari is pulling is just absurd and childish, and hopefully they lose customers if they don't come to their senses.

Major kudos to Porsche for agreeing, without caveat, to track test their car, even knowing full well that it's likely going to lose. This makes me more interested in buying a Porsche than the other two (if I could ever even afford one of the other two).

Enjoyed Corvette vs. Porsche. News was funny. First letdown SIARPC this series. Didn't like the Peugeot film. I'd like to see a Richard James film. Seems like forever since they did one.

Weakest episode of the series so far for me.
The Corvette vs Porsche with Hammond was surprisingly good, so was James Ferrari segment, but the news was quite bad and even though the Peugeot segment had some funny bits it was mostly cringe worthy.

Therefor I can't give this more than 6/10.

I thought it was overall rubbish. The Peugeot bit was just stupid pointless stuff full of Top Gear comedy.

The guest was Ok. I personally like Olly Murs, seems a nice guy. Seen some people have a go because he's an "X Factor" loser but sold tons of albums and singles, toured with Robbie Williams and One Direction.

Anyway, gone off topic. Even though I am a car fan, I don't really like most "super cars".

Not that keen on Ferraris and Porsches are just Ok. Although I do love the P1.
That meant was no interested in all the beginning third.

I thought it was going to be a big test of the three super cars - La Ferrari, P1 and the Porsche but I think that's just in the magazine??

I have realised I only properly like it when they do a challenge or race or some "adventure" in some other country.

Loved every bit of it. The peugeot segment was hilarious. Vette & Porsche review was good too. James seemed to have enjoyed himself a lot in the ferrari :) 9/10.

James getting a lot of screen time driving super fast and exciting cars this season which is good to see. I'm glad Jeremy didn't just go and make fun of him for this.

The new Focus RS has a drift button eh?

I can totally see Jeremy pressing it while James is driving :shifty:

EDIT: Speaking of James... why is he wearing a shirt made out of a bathroom curtain?

Last edited:
That Ferrari - McLaren debacle is ridiculous. Makes me think the Porsche is the fastest of them all :blink: I also don't understand why they just do not let the Porsche around the track ...

Ok, for someone that is not british, what is it with you guys and Peugeot? I found the Peugeot segment idiotic and pointless.

I loved the both reviews, skipped SIARPC, and liked the Peugeot segment, however, while funny at first, the modern peugeot part was too drawn out and felt dry at the end.

7 is a fair assessment from me, I think

Very solid ep (weak news segment aside) until the second half of the Peugeot segment when it fell off a cliff.

10/10. Classic TG reviews mixed with satire. James seemed genuinely moved by the LAF.