[22x05] February 22nd, 2015

[22x05] February 22nd, 2015

• Total voters
An easy 9. The news dragged on too long but other than that it was very good.
The Peugeot bit was hilarious.

Yeah hm. I thought it was alright. 6/10 maybe?

? Corvette bit was good, though I have driven a C7 so I knew the twist was coming. But I can't really fault them for that.
? News was a Top Gear bit for sure, I can't really pay attention anymore at this point.
? I am sure the LaFerrari is a great car, and the film looked typically Top Gear good, but I didn't really get much more from it than "fast car is fast", which is hardly a surprise. Also, it really was even more advertising than usual, with the CG bits and James suddenly rigidly sticking to Ferrari's nomenclature after mocking it before. Overall it just felt like I could be watching Ferrari's own B-roll footage for much the same effect - Ferrari also knows how to employ good cameramen and editors.
? At least they ripped into Ferrari's typically ludicrous review policies afterwards, well deserved and in fact far more interesting than telling me that a million dollar car is fast and has TECHNOLOGY?.
? I don't watch SIARPC, so no comment.
? The Peugeot bit was nice enough as long as it was about history, and then amusing for a bit because of how audacious it was, but then it ran out of funny really quickly and became very tedious. PEUGEOT DRIVERS AMIRITE YOU GUYS is neither a new (to put it mildly) nor particularly inherently hilarious joke. I know that playing to the cheap seats is a Top Gear staple, but you can still do it in a more entertaining way. Felt like one of the "epic" tests done on a budget (oh no! they scratched a car! how will the BBC ever pay for this!), and that seems like missing the point.