[22x06] March 1st, 2015

[22x06] March 1st, 2015

• Total voters
Didn't really like this episode. The pickup truck film was kind of neat but too long. Hammond's impressions of Clarkson and May were perfect, however.

Anderson wasn't a very good guest. Very pretty, but she was boring and didn't even say why she was there? They just chitchatted and did the lap and that was it.

I rated it a 9. Plenty of you seemed to not enjoy it too much, but I thought it was great. The LFA part of the Lexus film was better than the car they actually reviewed. Gillian Anderson is adorable. The Canadian adventure was great as well- Hammond did seem genuinely pissed, and I couldn't help laughing at the knife in the cock :)

i honestly dont know what everyones problem is, i found the episode to be quite good except the lexus segment.

What?!?

The Lexus segment was brilliant, and Jeremys points about the weight and to much electronics were spot on. Also, the car looked stupid.

Easily a 9/10, but I was tempted to give it a 10. Just a solid all around episode. Lexus film was good and honest, good news, good guest, and a great feature film.

I was a bit bummed to hear the Chevy broke a driveshaft though. Curious that they didn't put it in the film. I mean, James lost, you think they could have edited the film to show it being neck-and-neck until the last moment when the Chevy broke and Jeremy swooped in for the win, or something. But who knows, it's hard to say what was staged and what wasn't. Which means they're doing their jobs right, of course.

I wonder if Hammond brought a Game Boy to pass the time.
It was funny watching him struggle to light a fire in -10 (!!!!!!) degrees. xD

8/10

Even dopey on cold medicine, I could tell the first Lexus was just an excuse to drive the LFA. I'd like to see a comparison film between that car (LFA) and Nissan's GTR. Huge price difference, sure, but both seem to have the same effect on the presenters.

I was a massive X-Files fan back when it was on, so Gillian Anderson was a delightful surprise. Very pleased to know she's a 911 girl!

Not going to waste anyone's time with the incoherent rage I got into with the Canada film. No, Hammond can't act. That's not his job - which is why I fully believe the glowers he was giving his co-presenters - months after the fact - were genuine.

Even dopey on cold medicine, I could tell the first Lexus was just an excuse to drive the LFA. I'd like to see a comparison film between that car (LFA) and Nissan's GTR. Huge price difference, sure, but both seem to have the same effect on the presenters.

A car with a sound like the LFA deserves to be reviewed twice :lol::lol: Its absolute epic.

the experiment involved monkeys, not primates.

here's why i came back here - the part when james and jeremy are booking their vancouver flight - what did jeremy mean by saying it would be idiotic for the bbc to go to manchester?

It was a dig at the BBC because they relocated from London to Salford (in Manchester) and apparently they wanted Top Gear to relocate too (This ties in with James' "tribute" to Television Centre a couple of series ago)

Fantastic episode, while the scripting of the James and Jeremy poncing about was obvious, I really do think they left Hammond out there for much longer than he reckoned (probably with a helicopter rescue team within striking distance if things got naughty) Angry Hammond is so much fun to watch. "IN THE COCK - HA!!"

Some behind the scenes, starts about 3m30s in: