[22x07] March 8th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
In this week?s programme, James May is taken far outside his comfort zone as he straps into an incredibly fast, highly tuned, 600 horsepower hatchback and is thrown into the most exciting new form of motor sport around right now: World Rallycross racing. As well as trying to fend off a pack of top-flight professional drivers, James's life is made harder by his support crew, the distinctively unsupportive Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond. Top Gear USA host Tanner Foust, an ace Rallycross driver, teams up with James to help save him from massive indignity.

Jeremy is at the track in the latest Jaguar F-Type R and a sensational, modernised E-type called the Eagle Low Drag GT, while Richard is in Spain to test the brand-new version of the legendary Mazda MX-5.

Finally, Brit Pack acting star Nicholas Hoult tries his hand in the Reasonably Priced Car."

Bummer... No TG UK vs. USA.

Most excited about: Hammond testing the new MX-5 in Spain (not entirely sold on its looks but I do still love that car)

Least excited about: SIARPC. I haven't even heard about the guy!

The rest of it falls in the middle although I am very interested in the Rally cross bit. Not to see the trio and their crew making complete baffoons out of themselves but for Tanner! I really like that guy and unlike other auto-journalists, he's an actual professional racer and knows what he's talking about, which is the one reason I still watch Top Gear US. Whatever, looking forward to the episode!

Nick Hoult was Beast in the latest X-men movies. And most recently in Jaguar commercials.

He's also gonna be one of the baddies in the new Mad Max movie, which looks absolutely bonkers and I hope they talk about it during the show.

Would really rather have had May do the MX5 - Hammond did the NC years ago and I expect more of the same. Can only hope they replace greyhounds with bulls to test the strength of the soft top........ :evil:

F-Type R should be good. One to turn the volume up for as I suspect it's going to sound proper filthy. Plus my CEO is waiting for his V6S coupe so I will be interested to see if he goes back and amends his order after that.

Would really rather have had May do the MX5 - Hammond did the NC years ago and I expect more of the same. Can only hope they replace greyhounds with bulls to test the strength of the soft top........ :evil:

F-Type R should be good. One to turn the volume up for as I suspect it's going to sound proper filthy. Plus my CEO is waiting for his V6S coupe so I will be interested to see if he goes back and amends his order after that.
I would disagree with you. It only seems fit to have Hammond do the new MX-5 because he did the old one. I don't think James has driven an NC before. And on top of that, the MX-5 suits Richard more. Small, light soft-top sports car being driven by a short and sweet bloke. Agree on the F-Type though, should be dramatic and would cause the V6S to have a small heart attack.

22x08 episode synopsis:

"In this week?s programme, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May immerse themselves in the world of classics as they attempt to understand the appeal of keeping an old car in the garage for balmy summer days. With Clarkson in a Fiat 124 Spider, Hammond in an MGB GT and May in a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet, the trio take a drive in the country, tinker with their engines and end up at a track day as they try to become true classic car owners.

Finally! They filmed this item almost a year ago now.

Also in this show, Hammond pits the Subaru WRX STi against the Volkswagen Golf R on the track and footballing legend Gary Lineker is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car."

How many power tests is Hammond doing this season? Shit, he's already done two which is more than his usual one. I'm sorry Hammond but Jezza does them better. Also, wow.... the SIARPC guests have really dropped in quality since episode 6. For a non-British viewer I have to ask: who the hell are these people? They really should drop the SIARPC segment when they have to invite guests this shit to participate.

I guess, as a non-British viewer who isn't paying the licence fees and such, we have to take what we get. International success or not, Top Gear still is a British show. ;)

22x08 episode synopsis:

"In this week?s programme, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May immerse themselves in the world of classics as they attempt to understand the appeal of keeping an old car in the garage for balmy summer days. With Clarkson in a Fiat 124 Spider, Hammond in an MGB GT and May in a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet, the trio take a drive in the country, tinker with their engines and end up at a track day as they try to become true classic car owners.

Finally! They filmed this item almost a year ago now.

Also in this show, Hammond pits the Subaru WRX STi against the Volkswagen Golf R on the track and footballing legend Gary Lineker is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car."

How many power tests is Hammond doing this season? Shit, he's already done two which is more than his usual one. I'm sorry Hammond but Jezza does them better. Also, wow.... the SIARPC guests have really dropped in quality since episode 6. For a non-British viewer I have to ask: who the hell are these people? They really should drop the SIARPC segment when they have to invite guests this shit to participate.
If you don't know who the guest is, go do some research. More than half of the viewers are not watching Top Gear because of the guests but for the cars. So it doesn't really matter if they get a hollywood star or a lesser known celebrity, as long as it remains interesting.

As for your problem with Richard doing power tests, what does it matter again? Its just the third one, alright. In fact, I'm happy that he is reviewing more cars because 1) he usually doesn't get to do so and 2) I like him more than the other two. Jeremy and James can sometimes be irritating and a bit controversial but I've never been irritated by Hammond.

So whatever they do, DEAL WITH IT.

Edit: 100th POST! Yeeehaaww!

Last edited:
I would disagree with you. It only seems fit to have Hammond do the new MX-5 because he did the old one. I don't think James has driven an NC before. And on top of that, the MX-5 suits Richard more. Small, light soft-top sports car being driven by a short and sweet bloke. Agree on the F-Type though, should be dramatic and would cause the V6S to have a small heart attack.

A few years ago May drove from London to the South Coast swapping between an NC and a Bentley drophead (can't recall which one) so he does have experience. As you might expect he concluded that just as the Golf is essentially all the car you could ever need the MX5 is all the soft-top anyone would ever require. That's why I was rather hoping he would get this one.

It may also have something to do with the fact that Hammond increasingly gets on my tits.

Yes, because inviting on the man who is England's second-highest goalscorer of all time, England's highest ever World Cup goalscorer, 1986 World Cup Golden Boot winner, 3 time English Golden Boot winner, ex-Barcelona, Leicester and Tottenham star and host of one of the most famous sporting shows in the world where he's seen by millions every football weekend since 1995 is a real step down.

Although then again people seemed to have not heard of Ed Sheeran, so what can I say.

If you don't know who the guest is, go do some research. More than half of the viewers are not watching Top Gear because of the guests but for the cars. So it doesn't really matter if they get a hollywood star or a lesser known celebrity, as long as it remains interesting.

As for your problem with Richard doing power tests, what does it matter again? Its just the third one, alright. In fact, I'm happy that he is reviewing more cars because 1) he usually doesn't get to do so and 2) I like him more than the other two. Jeremy and James can sometimes be irritating and a bit controversial but I've never been irritated by Hammond.

So whatever they do, DEAL WITH IT.

Edit: 100th POST! Yeeehaaww!

Lol... Simmer the fuck down. You act like I've insulted a God or something. He's some shitty footballer that I've never heard of so pardon me for assuming he wasn't that famous. No one complained when I said I hadn't heard of Gillian Anderson or Nicholas Hoult. I understand football is a religion in the UK but chill the fuck out.

Also the problem with Hammond doing reviews is that normally he does one or two per season and I don't see why that needs changing suddenly. And, as I said, I prefer Jezza's reviews. I'm entitled to an opinion on that thank you very much, ass hole.

Last edited:
Yes, because inviting on the man who is England's second-highest goalscorer of all time, England's highest ever World Cup goalscorer, 1986 World Cup Golden Boot winner, 3 time English Golden Boot winner, ex-Barcelona, Leicester and Tottenham star and host of one of the most famous sporting shows in the world where he's seen by millions every football weekend since 1995 is a real step down.

Although then again people seemed to have not heard of Ed Sheeran, so what can I say.

You've rambled like a mother fucker in that little spiel of yours. Have I offended you? Awww. Get over it.

Hey, you're acting like a moron not me. I did not insult or abuse you in any way. So you sod off. Oh... Did we offend you? Awee... so sorry, you cute little 2 year old baby!

You're a seriously sorry little saddo.

Hey, you're acting like a moron not me. I did not insult or abuse you in any way. So you sod off. Oh... Did we offend you? Awee... so sorry, you cute little 2 year old baby!

You're a seriously sorry little saddo.

K. Nice talking to you, big boy.

Reactions: MWF
You've rambled like a mother fucker in that little spiel of yours. Have I offended you? Awww. Get over it.

That sounded like a ramble to you? Might want to put down the XXXX down my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.