[22x07] March 8th, 2015

[22x07] March 8th, 2015

• Total voters
I think it is important to remember the following.
The Cayman GTS is a lighter mid engined car which is setup for handling, The F-type is set up for big noises and big slides.
The F-type isn't all that far off a Carrera GT which is pretty impressive for that Cayman as well and it's the same as an Audi R8 V10.

It's 1.8 seconds slower and 40K more than a Corvette z51.

A properly good episode, that one. The rallycross segment was stupendous (though eventually I wanted Hammond and Jezza to start spotting properly), the MX-5 review was sublime, if only for the cinematography, and that Eagle...phwoar.
Couple all that with a perfectly pleasant news and SIARPC, and it's a 8.5, rounded up to 9 for voting.

Seriously, though. I need the E-Type GT. I had a crisis when that straight six started barking.

Gonna watch it this evening, and all these posts makes my expectations very high! :lol:

I loved it for some reason. I felt the old Top Gear vibe in the episode. Proper and funny car reviews and I loved the fact that Jeremy and Hammond were spotters for May

Another good episode. They're really on their game this series. Where was the Chile reference this week? And last week, for that matter. I missed it both times. Hammond appears to be back to wearing the earpiece like he wore in earlier seasons, the one that was for the director to talk to him. Looks like a more high-tech version than what was used before.

The last reference I remember were the flags on the lapboard.

-The Jaguar and the Miata segments were good
-The SIRPC was boring
-The Rallycross part was nice

Anyone noticed that James is not talking very much this season? Jeremy and Richard are always interupting him,even more than in the previous seasons...

7/10

Rallycross and Jags were nice. Never seen Evo X in rallycross!

So they just gave up on Ferraris demands. I hope the other two will tune their cars as well now! :lol:

Solid episode 8/10

Anyone noticed that James is not talking very much this season? Jeremy and Richard are always interupting him,even more than in the previous seasons...

I started noticing it in S19. He should definitely get more space.

Another good episode. They're really on their game this series. Where was the Chile reference this week? And last week, for that matter. I missed it both times. Hammond appears to be back to wearing the earpiece like he wore in earlier seasons, the one that was for the director to talk to him. Looks like a more high-tech version than what was used before.
The banner of the stig in the studio. He had a Chile flag on his chest.

EDIT: well somebody was a minute faster than me :p

I laughed by the way at Hammond and Clarkson being the spotters:
Hammond: "Seagull, James, I spotted a seagull"
May: "SHUT UP"

Hammond: "James, James, your door is not shut properly"
Clarkson: "Good spotting, Hammond"

Last edited:
Where was the Chile reference this week?
Some say he thought the nation would come with adobo sauce and beans ... aaaaand that once they corrected him, he prepared for his visit by buying a Canada Goose racing suit. All we know is, the flag has been worn on the hanging portrait of ... THE STIG.

I'm missing the days when the guys were ambitious and not entirely rubbish. Like, I dunno, the first time they did rallycross! That's still one of my favorite segments - should've known better than to hope this would be equally as good, but I slipped up.

Given how he reacted to Tanner's lap, I have the feeling James left the "monster button" turned off in his races. Poor guy. Give him a chance with a proper spotter and healed up ribs, so he has a fair shot at doing well and enjoying himself.

Honestly, I think the chemistry is falling apart with the presenters. There's always been the element of two ganging up on the third, but it's been getting nastier in recent seasons.

Great ep! I really liked Hammonds rewiev on the Mazda, and the rally-cross segment! I think Tanner was great, as the first time seeing him since i don't watch Top Gear US. Really would like to see more of him, is Top Gear US worth a try?
9/10

Last edited:
Strong episode, this season is just getting better and better.

I know they cock about as much as possible but having Jezza and Hamster as spotters was a bit too much imho, I wanted the rallycross section to be a bit more serious actually.

Tanner also came along as a great chap, not like the role he plays in TGUS.

For those who are criticizing Hammond & Clarkson for being the spotters and fooling around: there was never a single % of James overtaking anyone, no matter what. What you are forgetting is that the first time they did Rally Cross, it was amatuer drivers with "normal" cars. This time around, specialized cars against well known racing drivers.

The last reference I remember were the flags on the lapboard.

Theare has been a refernce to Chile in every single episode, this year.

Episode 1, presenter with chilean flag pins
Episode 2, a photo of Alexis Sanchez (chilean football player, plays in Arsenal)
Episode 3, coffe mug with chilean flags
Episode 4, chilean flags in the lapboard
Episode 5, a string of chilean flags behind the audience
Episode 6, There was a chilean flag behind the audiance that was seen only for fraction of a second at the very begining of the episode.
Episode 7:
B_qIcblWAAAieVP.jpg

Lets wait what they will came up with in the last two episodes.

Cheers

Last edited: