[22x07] March 8th, 2015

[22x07] March 8th, 2015

• Total voters
How can they talk about Geneva and not mention Koenigsegg? :?

I was expecting that too.

I've held up watching this, due to being violated by last weeks episode.

Iplayers 'music played' is new?
Liked the first part of the Jag piece, especially the Jezza the magician smoke appearance.
Eagle was a rehash.
James trainers back to awesomeness
Thats a Vectra
You've won me back a little with the jellymold news.
Humberside hasn't existed in about 20 years and I wish Dicky was within spitting distance. :(
There used to be a 5 lap limit...
That Polo is nearly, if not already street legal. That would be fun.
Fuck me, Tanner and Dicky in the same episode? :(
Oh come on, don't give me TG comedy with 10 minutes left.

Not bad, a 7.

Much better episode than last weeks. By a country mile, not perfect by virtue of Clarkson and Hammond being utterly useless wastes of space like the synopsis of the pre-episode discussion thread promised. Yeah OK May may not have done much better at the rallycross thing, but that's no thanks to Timon and Pumba yammering in his earhole who were there for the obligatory Top Gear comedy and nothing else.

Still a nice 8 out of 10.

My score is dependent on the situation. For something the whole family can enjoy, this episode gets 5/10. The first two films would bore the pants off non-car enthusiasts, but the comedy in the third film might get some laughs.

For car enthusiasts, easy 9/10 for reasons previously stated (Jeremy and Richard jumping in and ruining it for James knocks the film down a point, but the two car films before-hand were very good).

EDIT: Want to point out, as a bit of an American TG enthusiast, I was absolutely staggered to see Tanner Foust appear on British TG.

Last edited:
Makes me want to watch Top Gear US again, but also wish that Tiff Needell came back as a part-time presenter. A professional racing driver who isn't shrouded in mystery? (IE not The Stig)

Humberside hasn't existed in about 20 years and I wish Dicky was within spitting distance. :(

Glad someone mentioned that, thought I must have misheard what he said.

I don't know anything about Humberside, other than what I've seen here and on social media, but I'm guessing this was a "joke" location, like when Jeremy claimed his test of the Jag from a couple of series back took place in Hertfordshire and people were upset that he wasn't there. Does it really make a difference where it's filmed? They're reviewing the cars, not the location. I don't know what the point is in saying they're someplace when it's apparently clear to a lot of people that they're not, but what's the harm?

Pretty good episode, even without anything standout in it. 7/10.

Really solid episodes. Both reviews were excellent and I thought May did a great job at Rallycross despite the comedy aspect.

Some of the studio editing felt a little...off though. Which is odd, because I hardly ever notice that kind of thing.

8 from me.

A brilliant episode.

A magnificent and deserving 10 out of 10 from me. Enjoyed every bit of this episode!

The Jaguar film was great. The Low Drag GT sounds eargasmic! Richard's review of the MX-5 was very nicely shot. The roads he was driving on were truly stunning! News and guest interview were not too serious but not silly either.

I am surprised Jeremy, when they were talking about Geneva Motor Show, didn't mention the Koenigsegg Regera or McLaren P1 GTR or 675LT (the car which they made fun of 2-3 episodes back).

Enjoyed the Rallycross racing! James yelling at Jeremy and Richard to shut up was hilarious! I would agree with some of the guys here, though. James would have done better if they had a professional watcher or whatever he's called. Jeremy and Richard's mocking about on the radio was sure to send James flying off the track (and it did at one point)

Was hoping they would feature Tanner a bit more than just having him as a guide for James. They could've talked a bit about American Top Gear or Tanner's previous racing career in Formula Drift and StreetX.

Overall though, a very brilliant episode! The series is turning out to be one of the best I've seen in years!

Last edited:
Brilliant episode this time as well. The SIARPC was a bit dull, but the rest was really entertaining. Didn`t watch the clock or my phone once during the episode!

9/10

Gave it an 8/10 just because I couldn't find anything wrong with it, apart from the lack of brilliance and rewatch value.

Yeah, no Regera during the Geneva talk. Am I missing something? There seems to be some animosity between Koe and TG, no tests since the CCX, a mere mention of the CCX-R during the news and that was it. Anyone got any inside information?

7/10

Enjoyable, but i knocked a point off for not mentioning Koenigsegg!

Well, looks like this is the last Top Gear episode to be sent ever then.

Good way to end the show though, excellent episode and proper Top Gear.

I can't see the BBC's beancounters being delighted with this decision. This particular threesome took a relatively minor TV show and turned it into a global golden egg for the BBC. And anyone familiar with free-range eggs knows to expect a bit of the originators' poop at times. I know I don't mind a bit of grit in a good omelette as long as the regular ingredients are fine. But tinker with it too much and I could well skip breakfast completely.

Most definitely not the last episode ever - conisdering they already have the features for the remaining 3 episodes finished. Even if they were to boot Clarkson, this show is too big to give up without trying to keep it going. But, I estimate the chances of sacking Clarkson 0.1%, or less - it's an internal issue, they'll work it out.

I quite liked this episode. It felt a lot like something from around season 9-11; a review of a car, some automotive news, another review of a car, and a segment about car racing. I especially liked Hammond's review of the new MX-5. I thought he was the right person to do it and out of all the stuff they feature on the show, the MX-5 is one of the few cars that's actually relevant to me. For those of us who are in the US, I think we'll only be receiving the 2.0L (and the future Mazdaspeed variant if it's in the works), not the 1.5L that's standard in all other markets. I'm also impressed with how reasonable Hammond was about the styling. He didn't outright state he disliked it, he merely said he wasn't yet convinced, a position I think I share; it looks good, but not as good as I've thought past generations have. Regarding the rallycross segment, I would have liked if they'd given Tanner more of a role, after all he is a fellow TG presenter. Hammond & Clarkson's involvement was unnecessary though. Finally, I thought Nicholas Hoult was an interesting guest. I'll admit I've wanted for a long while to see what it would be like for a person who grew up watching/worshiping Top Gear to finally make it onto the show. It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't terrible either. Another aspect that really made me feel like I was watching an episode from 7-8 years ago.