[22x08] June 28th, 2015 [The Final Clarkson, Hammond, & May Episode]

[22x08] June 28th, 2015 [The Final Clarkson, Hammond, & May Episode]

• Total voters
That final goodbye was heart-wrenching, it was quite sad to see the show end like that - no Clarkson there, just the two of them. But I'm glad the episode was good, at least it was a fitting send-off. Hopefully they'll be back with a new show someday, preferably after Clarkson's had a break from everything.

The Giant Elephant stature in the back of the room had me busting up laughing within 2 seconds. Brits and their humor. well done.

A bittersweet ending. Certainly feels weird watching with the knowledge that this is the very last episode of Top Gear, at least in this format. The empty studio with the two of them amplified that feeling.

I wish they ended on better films, though. They sometimes felt like dragging on for too long.

My father used to own a 98 Pajero and I loved it to bits, well, apart from the 14l/100km mileage. James' car choice really induced a lot of nostalgia for me.

I gave it a 10 because because it was good to see Jeremy, Richard and James pre-fracas selves and for a couple of seconds I forgot that I will never see another new Top Gear.

The credits with no music. Sad. :(

I had a lump in my throat at that bit.

But...Hammo...lose the beard, James...burn the jacket...

And for the love of God..where did Jeremy get the penis wheels!?

I gave it a 10, not just for this episode but for the last 12 years of making me love cars again.

It was a solid episode for me, especially part two. As a send off it is better than a nostalgia trip. Not quiet an end of an era as they will be back in another form.

The biggest contribution this rendition of Top Gear has created was a myriad of car shows on YouTube, those would not have been possible without the four championing car entertainment as not only a joy for car guys, but also for the general public.

Reactions: MWF
Those wheels...

/shakes his head

Also, I could have done without this show, the last series had been quite good and this ended up being the nonsense bits I never enjoyed.

Last edited:
Big lump in my throat at the end. The shot back to the studio and the credits was very eery. Big hole in my life now :(

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this on reddit. When I noticed it, it really hit me too. I'll just post what I read, rewatch it..

"In the final studio bit, when James is giving the final send off the look at the floor at classic 'widen the eyes to hold back the tear' Richard does just murders me. "

The Giant Elephant stature in the back of the room had me busting up laughing within 2 seconds. Brits and their humor. well done.

I just realised that! Hahaha. They had to address the... giant elephant in the room somehow.

Classic car challenge - good fun, good mix of old-school challenges (reminds me a lot of the Supercars-for-less-than-a-second-hand-Mondeo-challenge) and you couldn't pay me enough to do Hammond's "prize"... holy fucking shit. I'm glad it was free of gimmicks and lots of fun between the TG3.
Cheap 4WD challenge - first half was really good, loved the caravan race, some really close moments there! We all knew May was going into the water, but it was hilarious to see how close Jeremy got! And Hammond using all the brakes! :lol: The second half started off well with the car flipping, the race started off fine... until May kept getting lost in the sheep pens (May has bad direction? NO REALLY?) and the cutting in half gag was annoying (how many times has this been done?)

All in all, glad it was released (despite the TG comedy...), it was still a good episode. 7/10

It's just really surreal to think that this'll (possibly) be the last time I'm up early on a Monday morning to "acquire" a show with May, Hammond and Clarkson :(

"Last of the Summer Gear" and "I hate working for TG!", funny how throwaway comments can end up taking on new context...

This episode was very disturbing for me.

Modern cars are so unbearably ugly that people would rather spend a million dollars on some stupid Aston Martin from the 1960s that probably does 0-60 mph in 10 seconds, 4 mpg and would certainly kill you if you crashed it.

Could it be that natural selection somehow eliminated the human gene that was responsible for bringing aesthetics and beauty to society?

It gets a 10.

The elephant was brilliant.

I don't think I've ever seen an emptier studio...and I've seen a lot of them.

10/10 guys...thanks for all the fun, the laughter, the memories.

8/10

It was decent. The studio ending bit was awkward feeling and seemed poorly rehearsed. Surely there was some actual car reviews that were filmed? Nice solid last episode I think.

9/10.

The films themselves were excellent. A microcosm for this series as a whole which, I maintain, has been the best since series 10, and IMO, one of the very best series of all time.

As much fun as the SUV film was (LOVED the penis wheels, I know those actually exist because I've seen photos of them on various forums for years now), I preferred the classic car film. I adored the MG BGT, and what "Clarkson" did to the 124 just made me drool... it was gorgeous. Proper petrolhead film... fuck all you useless twats who watched hoping it was some pandering malarky, it was great.

For me, only now did the reality of it all sink it. It's finally over.

The empty studio scenes, sans Jeremy, were quite depressing.

And that "good bye" at the end with no music at all playing while the credits rolled, killed me.

I've often thought, for quite a few years now, that when this iteration of Top Gear did end, the final credits should roll with a different song. Specifically, this song (minus the lengthy intro, cut straight to the good bit starting at 2:02).

Cheers, lads. :cheers: