[22x08] March 15th, 2015

nickgeorge25

Car(s)
2013 BMW 328i M-Sport
In this week?s programme, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May immerse themselves in the world of classics as they attempt to understand the appeal of keeping an old car in the garage for balmy summer days. With Clarkson in a Fiat 124 Spider, Hammond in an MGB GT and May in a Peugeot 304 Cabriolet, the trio take a drive in the country, tinker with their engines and end up at a track day as they try to become true classic car owners. Also in this show, Hammond pits the Subaru WRX STi against the Volkswagen Golf R on the track and footballing legend Gary Lineker is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Dang. I was hoping James' Peugeot cabrio would be a 403.
Mainly because it meant the TG crew could do a riff of James May as Lieutenant Columbo.

Classics will be good if they actually respect the cars. Track test will be boring - I can call the conclusion now "Subaru, oh how the mighty have fallen and the VW is the AWD hot hatch Daddy yadda yadda". Most people won't give a stuff about Lineker but he's an affable enough bloke and previous footballists have been reasonably entertaining.

This one is going to be a good episode!

The Peugeot 304 Cabriolet just suits Jame's style but Jeremy choosing a Fiat and Hammond choosing a british car instead of a american one is a bit unusual:blink:

So other than the SUV challenge, which I'm guessing will be Episode 9, everything that we knew about will have been shown. Wonder what Episode 10 will be about?:dunno:

Next week's synopsis:

"Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May look at the world of fashionable, ?lifestyle? sport utility vehicles, as they find out how much trendy SUV you can get for just a few hundred pounds.
With Clarkson in a Vauxhall Frontera, Hammond in a Jeep Cherokee and May in a Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin, the trio embark on a series of challenges to see who got the best deal - taking in caravanning, watersports and a fearsome off-road challenge which comes with a heavy penalty for the loser.

Also in this week?s show, Jeremy is on the road and at the track in a trio of ultra-luxury limos, and Superman star Henry Cavill tries his hand in the Reasonably Priced Car."

Firstly, seriously? Another unknown supposed celebrity. Secondly, why oh why is Jeremy doing limos... I really couldn't care less. Finally, why do we have to sacrifice time from the SUV challenge for the stupid limo segment. Uhhhh. Extremely disappointed...

P.S. All hail mighty overlord MWF.

Reactions: MWF
Maybe you should write a letter to the BBC (and not care if they read it) to let them know that they're not living up to your expectations. *G*

Already have. I got a replying saying "all hail mighty overlord MWF."

P.S. All hail mighty overlord MWF

Grow up

What are you expecting? A list celebs with movies to promote? As to your second objection, it's still a car show and a review of some Limos would be break from the silliness in the caravan challenge. It creates balance.

Last edited:

Nah

What are you expecting? A list celebs with movies to promote?

Yes. To me that's what a 'star' is. Not these D list supposed celebrities.

As to your second objection, it's still a car show and a review of some Limos would be break from the silliness in the caravan challenge. It creates balance.

They dedicated the majority of episodes 2 and 3 to the Australia thing and the ambulance challenge, both of which needed shortening. Why couldn't they have shown these review type segments in those episodes? I'd rather see more of the cheap SUV challenge than that stupid ambulance film.

I'm judgemental af and I can't tolerate others having an opinion.

Yeah, I've noticed...

P.S. All hail mighty overlord MWF

Your crap is like water off a duck's back to me so don't think for a minute I am remotely bothered by it however if you don't start acting your age and respecting fellow members pretty quickly then it won't be long before one of the Mods appears wielding the ban hammer.

The choice is yours. You can either start your next post with "Er sorry, guys, I've been behaving like a dick........." or something along the lines of "So what? Ban me I don't care.......". I know which one my money is on.

As for the hero worship it really is very flattering but if you want to continue it and at the same time reduce your risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome you might want to consider adding "All hail mighty overlord MWF" as a signature to your posts. Just make it bold and in red if you don't mind. I'd hate to think I am being sold short.

Your crap is like water off a duck's back to me so don't think for a minute I am remotely bothered by it however if you don't start acting your age and respecting fellow members pretty quickly then it won't be long before one of the Mods appears wielding the ban hammer.

The choice is yours. You can either start your next post with "Er sorry, guys, I've been behaving like a dick........." or something along the lines of "So what? Ban me I don't care.......". I know which one my money is on.

As for the hero worship it really is very flattering but if you want to continue it and at the same time reduce your risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome you might want to consider adding "All hail mighty overlord MWF" as a signature to your posts. Just make it bold and in red if you don't mind. I'd hate to think I am being sold short.

Ehh. Too long, didn't read. If you want to toe-to-toe with me you'll need to be more concise. Frankly, I don't got time for your rambling.

Also, is that picture really of you? LMAO. Sorry, I can't worship a crusty old man.

I look forward to not reading the next fart that escapes from your mouth ya old geezer.

Last edited:
You 'don't got' time for proper grammar either, by the looks of things. ;)

I'm sure MWF is heartbroken at the lack of hero worship, too.
Well, I definitely wasn't expecting this kind of worshipping for MFW. I kind of feel bad for him.

You 'don't got' time for proper grammar either, by the looks of things. ;)

I'm sure MWF is heartbroken at the lack of hero worship, too.

LMAAAOOOO. Are you serious? You're clearly clutching at straws if you have to critique my grammar in order to compose a response. Oh, and have you thought that I might've done it on purpose? Have you heard of that "ain't nobody got time for that" meme? That's what I was inspired by...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I definitely wasn't expecting this kind of worshipping for MFW. I kind of feel bad for him.

Don't feel bad for him, he's an old man. He'll be put out to pasture soon.

LMAAAOOOO. Are you serious? You're clearly clutching at straws if you have to critique my grammar in order to compose a response. Oh, and have you thought that I might've done it on purpose? Have you heard of that "ain't nobody got time for that" meme? That's what I was inspired by...

Ahh, you get your inspiration from memes. This explains much.

post-26939-Jason-Momoa-dis-gon-b-gud-gif-8LUn.gif