23rd Citroën 2CV World Meeting 2019 - Samobor, Croatia

Tram

Ring, ring!
As I mentioned in the Other Random Car Sightings thread, I've been to the 23rd Citroën 2CV World Meeting in Samobor, Croatia. While I posted only four pics there, I wrote that I'd post more pics if I find good ones the day after. Well, it's been a few days since I promised that, and today's the final day of the meeting, so here is the rest of the pics, the semi-decent ones I took. I apologize for the quality of some of them, they're all taken with a phone and the conditions were far from ideal for taking pics. I'll try to give some description for some of them, however, this thread will be mainly for pics, while the story about the meet can be found in this post.

There were visitors from all over Europe, and even some non-European countries. This Ami 6 came from Sweden:

While this 2CV came all the way from Morocco:

Most of the 2CV's were Charlestons:

The Moroccan car broke down, and the owner soon took it apart:

Unfortunately, I couldn't really tell what was exactly wrong with it, as the Moroccan guy and the guys who helped him spoke French only:

There were Meharis as well:

A 2CV from Poland:

This is my favourite pic of the meet. It's not particularly good composition-wise, but it captures the atmosphere probably best from all the pics:

There was even a few DS'es, which is a real thing of beauty:

To be continued...

Some cars even came from as far as Israel:

I took quite a few pictures of Ami 8's, mostly because my dad's first car was an Ami 8:

There were some early 2CV's:

The GS'es/GSA's were not that common:

But there were a few CX's, including this GTi:

And finally, a Turkish 2CV Fourgonnette:

That's it. I do have more pics, but they're either vertical, ruined or both. Heck, most of these were originally vertical and then cropped to be horizontal. Hope you enjoyed the pics, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, but I can't guarantee I'll know the right answer.

Last edited:
seeing them all on one place...sure makes you realise what fugly creation citroen managed to create! :D

It is definitely an opinion splitting car. I wouldn't be the one to call it pretty, but the fact that it's purpose-built and simple makes it a good design in my opinion. It doesn't have to look beautiful for me to consider it a good design.

the 2CV is fine, that's cute enough...

but those ami's, dyane's, GS's, ... :puke: :)

Funny, back in July we saw 30 or so cars in Ukraine heading east towards the Slovakian border, all of them Finnish.
I wondered where they were heading...

I love all of them, especially the Furgonettes :)

Well, now you have the answer. :D

Out of curiosity, did you see them during the Final Gear Eastern European roadtrip?