[23x01] May 29th, 2016 -- First Episode With New Cast

[23x01] May 29th, 2016 -- First Episode With New Cast

• Total voters
And there is no woman with 3 boobs.

Actually there is. But since in the remake they got rid of Mars and the mutants she feels awkward and forced, just a device to connect the original and the new. Almost like the Stig.

Last edited:
Evans is not the goose with the golden egg that the BBC were hoping for.

From most of the comments here I take it that most people think Evans is a goose, though.

That's an insult to geese....

When they showed us the dozen curry shop workers sitting on the Vectra, asking "But who are these people?", my first thought was "They're all new presenters!"

I really wanted to like this based on optimism and I kind of do, but...man you don't need to dig up the past so you can prove a point that things are better this way when clearly it's still far from it and it won't be for a while.

Thank fuck the cinematography is still top notch, but whoever is doing the music I hope they will use more variety for the segments rather than just whatever. Also what was the point of having Jesse Eisenberg on when you can clearly see he didn't want to be there and looked really out of place, even if it was for a plug, it wasn't even worth it. Plus I think CE will have it pointed to him (and if no one has, someone really should) that the audience doesn't need to clap or cheer all the time, it is when they feel like it. Sigh, still a lot to improve on, especially when most of the production crew is new and kind of seem out of their depth aside from those who stayed on post CHM.

I also noticed that Danny Baker is one of the writers for the show, but why?

Typical Evans arrogance in his tweets defending it as a hit due to the ratings etc- OF COURSE it was well rated, everyone was tuning in to see what kind of a job he'd make of it. And we bloody found out, didn't we?! 'FACT'.

Who's that clapping twat?
Same intro is lazy.
WHy Is Chhhhris emphaSsIsng eeeevVvEry wOrddd?
More like the Chris Evans Gear
Proper Top Gear was equal, every episode Jezza had a segment, Dicky had a segment and James had a segment. I have a feeling this isn't equal, let's count...

Chris had first segment
Chris had second segment
Joey had third segment, wasted opportunity.
Chris fourth.

Jesse Eisenberg and Gordon Ramsey, in what world are they paired together? :lmao:
Three wheeler on a motorway? Illegal, right?
Fuck me, why can't he talk normally?
Joey will quit before the series is over.
That is the worst Clarkson impersonation... In the world.
If Dave made a car show.

I would rather get fisted by Hammond whilst having to watch a lifetime marathon of the India special and Ground Force than see anymore of this.

It's a sad day, my TG nonsense posts have died, I can't watch this anymore. Thanks Chris.

Typical Evans arrogance in his tweets defending it as a hit due to the ratings etc- OF COURSE it was well rated, everyone was tuning in to see what kind of a job he'd make of it. And we bloody found out, didn't we?! 'FACT'.

If they get half the viewers next week I will be amazed....

FACT

He also appears to be rather confused on the meaning of Series and Episodes.

Yeah, I went for the cheap shot. Blow me.

yEkJ6dr.png

Spoken like someone under pressure. ;)
]

You think maybe everybody tuned in to see if it was actually any good, then found out it wasnt... lets see the audience figures for next week... I'm guessing they will be half what they were this week...

Let's see.. Where do I begin.. OK Chris Evans... There's ear and eye candy, and then there's Chris Evans who somehow embodies qualities of the polar opposites, and puts them to use on national television, intent on sodomizing both your ears and eyes as you watch your favorite show endure a similarly horrific treatment. I don't think they could have found a more annoying host for the show (or any show for that matter) if they tried. Not only is he genuinely unlikable, he actually makes me physically sick and nauseas. Everything from his high pitched whiny voice and a cocktail of over energetic ADHD-like and flamboyant gay behavior, to the "Where's Waldo"-like look, complete with red hair, nerdy glasses, skin tight sweater and jeans, and yellow socks. There's not a single redeeming factor about his entire persona. Matt Leblanc wasn't that bad, if you disregard his non existent sense of humor or charisma, and a level of engagement that seemed to echo "they paid me a lot more on "friends"."
Other than that I'm still recovering from a near coma-like state induced after my body finally had enough and succumbed to the insufferable combination that is Jesse Eisenberg and Chris Evans in the same room for more than 2 seconds. I'd rather drink a bottle of ipecac than watch another second of Chris Evans.

Ep was pretty good. The Top Gun piece was particularly good, but Schmitz referencing her Ferrari was a bit out of place, I think. Or was that in there to say that more than one TG presenter has a Ferrari, or a back-handed reference to James May's Ferrari?

LeBlanc's delivery needs work, as it was distractingly uneven. He needs to learn more about comedic timing and "announcer-like" speaking, IMHO.

Her reference to the Ferrari was about the only thing that reminded me of the old show. It's an honest comment and purposely poorly disguised way of saying the vette sucks, which by comparison it does. I welcome German bluntness now that Clarkson's political incorrectness is no longer.

]

You think maybe everybody tuned in to see if it was actually any good, then found out it wasn't... lets see the audience figures for next week... I'm guessing they will be half what they were this week...

What an amazingly stupid move by Evans, is the "Fact" thing something he does on a different show ? Because once the ratings tank next week the net will happily rip him apart...FACT.

So after a night of sleep I decided to watch the show again, I really did like LeBlanc, just give him a couple of shots of espresso before shooting, but I think he was trying to avoid the "arrogant American" type cast that could easily come for an American joining this most British of shows.

Evans, a face made for radio, a voice for ...... Oh hell Last of the Summer Wine reboot. I guess I was lucky, I left the UK in '89, Chris Evans was a nobody, Chris Tarrant ruled the radio in London.....Oh bugger, that's a thought, Chris Tarrant as the host of Top Gear....It would probably have been a lot better than Evans.

Anyways, it wasn't as bad as first impressions, but that was mostly down to the BBC camera men doing their thing, the show itself, it feels like the American Top Gear, it's Top Gear, but it isn't, but it's to close to the original not be Top Gear.

Edit : I have to wonder if the "Episodes" version of LeBlanc will come out to play, that would be amusing.

Last edited:
You are deaf and blind then I assume?

Learn some manners or get lost.

As for the show, 5/10 for me. I tried to watch it with an open mind, but as I expected, I can't stand Evans. Matt was really good, I kinda expecting it, but at the same time worried it wouldn't work. Pleasantly surprised, specially by the Atom film.

The Viper vs. 'Vette segment was boring, re-hashed, and ultimately completely fake. The type of things that made me cringe in the last few seasons of TG, but now we have to suffer trough it with Evans on top.

The Reliant/Jeep challenge was ridiculously boring, the only mildly entertaining part was the speed trap run. And drag/drag/drag, really?

The star in a whatever car part is now 1000X worst than before. I don't mind the autocross track, I don't mind the mini, but the interview format needs to be taken out back and shot.

Fell asleep twice will trying to watch it last night, had to start over this morning. I also watched Extra gear, that Rory fellow is pretty good. I usually like Harris, but it didn't like he was having any fun doing is part in it. Hope he gets featured on the main show.