Votes: 10 17.2%

Votes: 9 15.5%

Votes: 6 10.3%

Votes: 6 10.3%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
Chris Evans changed the way people watch Top Gear! Now they just don't watch it at all.

FACT.

It won't surprise me if the iPlayer numbers etc make the ratings bigger then they normally would when the news spreads that Evans quit the show.

Liked rory and leblanc. Harris is ok but rory is both a car nerd and funny, we need both! Mlb is a great actor and solid funny. We need a old-car geek!

Very happy evans is going! Made my day

So Evans quits...what a joke and what a joke of a show, I personally had no interest in watching the new series, and yes I know this sounds cruel but Evans has the personality of a "bucket of water", why would the BBC put a tired looking old man in the hot seat?.

Surely they could have found fresh new faces to host show, or go and hire the crew from axed 5th gear would have more of a chance.

Chris Harris being so positive about the NSX, with brake-by-wire and steer-by-wire seems odd, didn't quite buy the enthusiasm. Otherwise a pretty good segment, Harris is still a joy to watch.
Chris Harris also liked the Porsche 918 quite a bit, so his enthusiasm isn't that surprising. He may like the old ways, but is able to accept the new ways if the result is a very fast car.

I skipped most of the SIARC segment, sorry, still doesn't work for me. The guests were quite good this time, and I endured through the introductions, but that was it.
The rest, it indeed seemed to fit each reviewer quite well, and that showed.
You could see Harris' enthusiasm, Rory's liking of painful old Mustangs, Matt seemed properly overjoyed by the 911R and even Chris Evans starts to shine when he gets into nice classic cars which he obviously loves.
The jump segment?well, it was short, so it worked for me. Also because I wanted CH to win.

Overall, an 8 - without the SIARC segment, which was the way I (mostly) watched this episode.

With Evans gone, I am hopeful that especially Matt, CH and Rory can develop a proper chemistry between them, something Top Gear absolutely requires. This time around, the (solo) car reviews were what's best to me about the series, perhaps next year the challenges and races will be good to watch as well.

- - - Updated - - -

3/10.

Who'd have thunk, in the Grauniad of all places:

"INTRODUCE! You know, some fun
I don?t know, guys, just try to make it look like this is a fun programme to make. Laugh a little. Improvise. Crack jokes. Be rude about Mexicans. Punch a man in the face. Anything, so long as it brings a little of the old sparkle back."

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2016/jul/04/top-gear-verdict-first-season
That in the Guardian seems a bit strange indeed. :D

But I pretty much agree with what that article says, including the news.

was crap final episode though... and fifth gear did that jump off thing already.. .There has been nothing original in this series at all..

All in all not a bad ep. at all. Probably the best of this series.

Evans was in a no win position, and I do feel a bit sorry for him. He was not at all irritating in this ep, IMHO. His presentation of a very expensive "better than new" MGB was well done. He never did have any comedic chemistry with Matt, however. The interaction between the hosts is what made the CHM version of the show, and is what makes many other shows successful as well.

I still think bringing 2 star guests on at the same time is awkward at best and something that should be changed. The exception would be if they are in a film together or have some other connection (like in the old series when they had Simon Pegg & Nick Frost).

Honda NSX: Again, a proper Top Gear new car review by a proper new car reviewer. Chris Harris needs to be the lead presenter of Season 24. On the bad side, Evans is back to shouting at 12 again.

Ford Mustang GT: Honestly, if anyone is trying to channel Clarkson?s Quips, it?s Reed, not Harris. Nonetheless, I find him consistently getting more comfortable as a presenter over the six episodes and I enjoy watching his segments.

SIARCC: Now that they have sacked Chris Evans, they next need to sack how this segment is presented. I?m fine with the car and the track it runs on, but the ?interview? has always been crap. Patrick Dempsey is an ultimate petrol-head and Clarkson would have been able to do magic, while Evans? *shakes head* And then the crowning insult is the crowd cheering for a VW Camper Van over a Le Man?s winning Porsche.

Porsche 911R: Matt LeBlanc is a 911 owner and fan so the producers finally found something to get him excited about. And it shows - to great effect and benefit.

Rejuvenated British Classics: We already saw something similar with Episode 5 of Season 6 where Clarkson reviewed an updated E-Type (for ?only? GBP 90,000) and DB5 (which came in at a downright reasonable GBP200,000). We also saw James? review of the modernized, yet still fully classic, Jaguar XJS Coupe. Still, nice to see another British Classic getting the modernization treatment. And again, Evans wasn?t screaming in an environment where one would expect him to. As such, I am of the opinion he yells in the studio to try and generate false enthusiasm with an audience who I feel are not as thrilled to be there as past audiences were.

PIARCC (Presenters in a Rally Cross Car): Something that was shorter than SIARCC, but seemed longer.

And so Season 23 goes out with, if not a bang, not a whimper, either. My overall opinion of Season 23 is that it was not rubbish, but neither was it good. I will not be buying it to own, I will not be downloading TV rips to watch again and I skip it when BBC America does repeats (which I admittedly do as well with some earlier seasons, but overall I will watch it if it is on TV).

Finally watched. Knowing that the irritating prick was sacked (yeah "decided to step down" my arse) made the ep pretty enjoyable. This actually gave me hope for a good season 2 (Or 24, but for me it's season 2).

NSX was good, I'm warming up to Harris (I must be one of the 18 people who don't find him all that special)
Mustangs was VERY good!! Reid has that Top Gear spark, this review was really Top gear-ish.
Loved the 911R bit too, LeBlanc felt relaxed there, and he's losing that "I just woke up" voice he has.
Now the classics... It's not because I dislike Evans, but I think that final part would be a perfect moment to give Jordan a chance.

6/10. Average, which is good considering the rest of the season.

I kinda enjoyed most of this episode (yeah, had the 'Stars' part on but didn't pay attention to it). Thought the Jump segment was probably the closest they've gotten to the TG that we miss.

Having said that, I've deleted every episode after I've watched it this series - I usually save the eps until the DVD comes out. Most likely will not be buying the DVDs if/when they get released. I've watched the shows once, don't really feel any burning need to rewatch any of them.

When even the guys at FinalGear don't care enough to argue and make smart-alek comments about the show for weeks, the Beeb is in very serious trouble.

Umm wtf..? Matt did the porsche review

Yeah, I was talking about Patrick Dempsey, you know, one of the star guests?

Chris Evans changed the way people watch Top Gear! Now they just don't watch it at all.

FACT.

Love this. FACT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

Bye Bye Chris! :lol:

Is this the new line up?

gettyimages-542142598.jpg

I'd watch anything with Nigel Farage in it. Too bad I'm Norwegian and can't wote for the guy :/