24: Redemption

I remember being so stunned when the season was over that they had just explained it in a "oh, he's just patriotic on a psychotic level" sorta thing, or that the people under him had orchestrated the whole thing without the President really knowing what was going on.
I thought it was a very subtle and very clever play on the current US administration. ;)

Season six made me stop watching 24. I can't explain it any other way.

Hulu doesn't work outside of America. :rolleyes:

Hmm, contrived and cheesy. I think I will finally give up on 24 personally. <_<
I actually really like it, I think it was a totally different than the season 6 mess.

From the trailers that I saw for season 7, I think the 24 writers have learned from their mistake and gave what the audience wants.

Redemption 8/10, a great solid flick.

DAMMIT, Jack Bauer, your patriotism that we once loved has turned you against your fans!
You and your BBC iPlayer get no sympathy from me. :p

I thought it was very good, for me the only "cheesy" part was one product placement in particular which I am sure everyone noticed.. And Shawn, keep the faith, don't give up on Jack... :thumbup:

f_1189424Redem_407f0ae.jpg

Last edited:
They took a HUGE dump on the UN....awesomely funny.

This was 2 hours of Jack doing what he does best, kicking ass and not taking names. You can't go wrong. And the preview for next season looks terrific. Redemption indeed...

just finished watching it and really enjoyed it. set up the new season well and looking forward to it kicking off. however, there was one drawback in that watching the film has made me want to play FarCry 2.

They took a HUGE dump on the UN....awesomely funny.

I noticed that... Jack Bauer > UN:D

^ What the fick? Jack Bauer on a poster using an AK47? Bauer has gone communist? :p Unpossible!

he uses a Lee Enfield at one point:cool: that makes up for the AK47 pretty well

anyway, I thought the change in setting to Africa for Redemption was a nice change... Jack running around LA was starting to get old

I was thinking of not watching next season, but the preview looked pretty awesome. Ill catch the first few episodes for sure, and ill stick with it if they changed it around as much as it looks like they did.

...oh hell, who am I kidding, this is 24 were talking about... of course ill watch it<_<

I thought the first hour was really good. It moved slower then normal 24 giving it time to set things up and get some story, plus the action was awesome. The second hour seemed more the usual but that could be partly do to the fact they started throwing more commericals in...

I kinda wish there would be more of him in Africa before they start the new season.

:bow:

I think it's an interesting beginning to the new season. Rogue Secret Service agents are always a cool idea :)

Oh and: stupid rebels...NO ONE can break Jack Bauer. Like he would have told you the location of the kids.

torture hah

Just saw it and it was really good. I loved the way the bad guys were killed off.

The only thing that really pissed me off were the damn Hyundai adds.

There is also a 15 min preview out of the first episode of the next season. It looks like it's going to be great!

Yeah they always have that big cisco logo come up whenever they do their video conference stuff.

Man I keep forgetting much close it is to the new season starting, Jan 11 ! We need one of their yellow digital counter clocks to count down the time, with the same 'dings' each second :p

I thought it was a very subtle and very clever play on the current US administration. ;)

Subtle? Hardly.

I enjoyed it though. Made me want to play Farcry2 again, until I realised how crap that game was.

I love 24 because the plots are uninvolving so it's great to just watch some TV, watch Jack Bauer kick terrorist arse, and unwind a bit.

OK, since they're playing this on the TV in a bit I'll have a look.
Still, it'll be strange with it only being 2 hrs long.

Does it have the awesome ping-ping countdown noise? Aswell as the tuh-tuh-ta-daaah phone ringtone at CTU?