Ownership Verified: 244 inches of America (2011 Ford F-150)

Very nice, not many better all-around vehicles out there. Power, comfort, work-capable, 4x4, not boring or cock-esque.

Very nice. I like the color. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Very very nice CJ. Good color combo too. And I know how hard it is to get the longbox with a SuperCrew. It literally is like pulling teeth to get a dealer to locate you one.

Now gets some videos of that new 5.0 rumble!

Yeah, the rear seat legroom in a lot of those trucks is amazing. Also, it has a no-middle-hump rear floor, right?

Any modifications planned for it? Namely Magnaflow exhaust :D

Actually, it sounds pretty good with just the stock system. Magnaflow would improve it, but I wouldn't say he needed to dump the stock right away - just got back from riding around in it.

I think the 5 o'clock shadow comes standard with those trucks.

Nah, that only comes with the 20" wheels. The 18" I have comes with the 2 week beard.

Very very nice CJ. Good color combo too. And I know how hard it is to get the longbox with a SuperCrew. It literally is like pulling teeth to get a dealer to locate you one.

Now gets some videos of that new 5.0 rumble!

Yeah, getting them to sell me one was a lot harder than it should have been. I had to go up the ladder a bit to one of the assistant managers and get him involved to push the transaction through. No guys, I don't want an extended cab and the 5.5 foot bed is a joke, so give me what I want and then I will write you a large check. How hard can it be?

I'm sure some videos will be pending soon. It really does sound excellent with stock everything, miles better than my old 2v 4.6L SOHC did.

Does it have the same level of grip as the old F150 with its Hoosier racing slicks/BFG offroad tires? :p

I've only put 160 miles on it, haven't really had time to explore the limits of adhesion. :p

Last edited:
Does it have the same level of grip as the old F150 with its Hoosier racing slicks/BFG offroad tires? :p

It's got 1200 miles on the clock now, and I can now answer that it in fact does not grip like my old truck and it understeers like a shopping trolley full of logs. Stupid OEM rubber.

Some other impressions:
-POWERRRRRRRRRRRR, this thing is way faster than a truck should be. Tests say around 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and that sounds pretty dang accurate. It will really throw you back if you plant it. The 6 speed auto is clearly tuned for economy but it realizes your intent when you put your foot in the carpet and has no problem dropping a cog or 3.
-I really like the SYNC system. Once I got used to the voice commands it really works well with my iPhone in both phone and usb/ipod/music mode
-It is incredibly quiet on the highway, more so than even my mom's Infiniti G35

Overall, I am quite pleased with it so far. I'm leaving Texas for North Dakota in 18 days and it seems like it will be the perfect tool for the job.

It's got 1200 miles on the clock now, and I can now answer that it in fact does not grip like my old truck and it understeers like a shopping trolley full of logs. Stupid OEM rubber.

Some other impressions:
-POWERRRRRRRRRRRR, this thing is way faster than a truck should be. Tests say around 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and that sounds pretty dang accurate. It will really throw you back if you plant it. The 6 speed auto is clearly tuned for economy but it realizes your intent when you put your foot in the carpet and has no problem dropping a cog or 3.
-I really like the SYNC system. Once I got used to the voice commands it really works well with my iPhone in both phone and usb/ipod/music mode
-It is incredibly quiet on the highway, more so than even my mom's Infiniti G35

Overall, I am quite pleased with it so far. I'm leaving Texas for North Dakota in 18 days and it seems like it will be the perfect tool for the job.

Yea, the new F150's are quite a beast on acceleration finally.

And you can thank a huge amount of sound deadening materials everywhere including the A & B pillars for the extra quiet ride. :D So, got video yet? :lol:

The 6 speed auto is clearly tuned for economy but it realizes your intent when you put your foot in the carpet and has no problem dropping a cog or 3.

ZF six speed ? BTW nice buy. :cool:

Last edited:
Even if he isn't here, I plan on filming the cursing and spider tsunami for his later amusement, since he can't be there in person. :D

Yes but does it come in Flareside model? No? Aw, I'm sorry. :D

How fast is it?

18" wheels? And I thought my 15" were big.

Last edited:
Yes but does it come in Flareside model? No? Aw, I'm sorry. :D

How fast is it?

18" wheels? And I thought my 15" were big.

9th gen Flareside = we slapped the bed from a Ranger on the back of your F-150 and then used dually fender flares so you could cover the wheels.

No, really, go look - the bed is the same part number(s). The whole point of a truck is the bed. If you have a bed that small, why didn't you just buy the Ranger it came off of? :p

Last edited:
9th gen Flareside = we slapped the bed from a Ranger on the back of your F-150 and then used dually fender flares so you could cover the wheels.

No, really, go look - the bed is the same part number(s). The whole point of a truck is the bed. If you have a bed that small, why didn't you just buy the Ranger it came off of? :p

Because. :|

More room inside the cab, V8 noise and it's mine.

Have you SEEN my awesome ride? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYMuegUP_AA

Last edited:
Now I have, and um, it's probably better if I don't post my entire reaction to it in this thread. Suffice it to say it's not good, especially since it's got the interior made of vomitium. I used to have a single cab F-150, much like yours, and no, I'd take an extended cab Ranger over that.

Sure, it has the V8 noise, but it's not really any faster than the 4.0V6 and it gets much worse fuel economy. :p

CJ's old truck was decent, his new one is rather impressive.

You and your facts. :p

My seats are better.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/ct/ctn91/2011/08/02/37475_443391448652_503553652_5854982_2557369_n.jpg

Alright, I'm done hijacking your thread CrazyJeeper. Apologies for any damages.