Ownership Verified: 244 inches of America (2011 Ford F-150)

You think blue is bad, you should have seen the red interiors. Talk about blinding.

But I don't think they knew what the color blue was seeing as how the carpet doesn't match the dash at all. The seats don't count since the previous owner put those in.

The carpet and dash colors never matched in the 7th-9th gens.

Also, no, your seats are not better.

As far as comfort yes. I've ridden in 9th gen trucks with stock seats and they're terrible. I can at least sit in mine for more then 2 hours without buttache.

Of course they are. You just don't know what you're talking about. :p

I bet they're way better then your Pathfinder's seats.

Last edited:
I spent 19 hours in the seats in my old truck and this one has even better seats, for example, it actually has side bolsters which hold you in place.

Does your truck make this horrific weird twinkly noise when the door's open when the key in?

Of course they are. You just don't know what you're talking about. :p

I bet they're way better then your Pathfinder's seats.

Dude, I'm sitting in a dismounted XJ8L seat welded to a custom frame because I can't find a commercial office chair I like. I do know what I'm talking about.

I've also spent far too much time in a Ranger seat running between Houston and Dallas in the last couple of years. Sorry, but those old 'custom' seats like what you had, and what I had in my former Jeep Grand Wagoneer were bleah on longer runs. I replaced the Wagoneer ones with Explorer buckets; the originals were horrifically bad.

Last edited:
Spectre, that Jag office chair is brilliant. I'd love to have a Porsche 911 office chair. :lol:

Buy a seat at the junkyard, hire CrazyJeeper and his truck to transport it and I can arrange to have it welded onto a frame. :)

Buy a seat at the junkyard, hire CrazyJeeper and his truck to transport it and I can arrange to have it welded onto a frame. :)

This is most intriguing indeed...

I'd love to snag something German, think I could get one with seat warmer/cooler and have it work? :lol:

This is most intriguing indeed...

I'd love to snag something German, think I could get one with seat warmer/cooler and have it work? :lol:

Seat heat will work on X100/X300 and later Jags, but cooler won't work because there's no AC system attached to the seats - not for anyone.

By the way, many seats are made by the same few seat manufacturers, no matter what marque the car. Lear makes seats for a lot of different makers, for example.

Last edited:
Sorry CJ for stealing your thread...

Seat heat will work on X100/X300 and later Jags, but cooler won't work because there's no AC system attached to the seats - not for anyone.

By the way, many seats are made by the same few seat manufacturers, no matter what marque the car. Lear makes seats for a lot of different makers, for example.

Now that's good to know. :D

Yeah, I went to a company called Faurecia when I was in Louisville, KY earlier this summer because they have three of my company's burners and their used for the plastic molding for the interior of cars. Quite amazing to see.

Buy a seat at the junkyard, hire CrazyJeeper and his truck to transport it and I can arrange to have it welded onto a frame.

You can't, his truck is brand new. It's now classified as a bro truck. :p

JK!

You can't, his truck is brand new. It's now classified as a bro truck. :p

JK!

Nope. He's been hauling stuff with it and the bed is already scratched up. It's a working truck, not a 'bro' truck.

By "loaded up" do you mean just the bike, or is there other stuff? :p

Is the tailgate unable to close because of the bike?

The cab is totally packed with stuff. All I could see out the center mirror was a sliver of goldwing headlight.

There are about 3" too much goldwing for the gate to close.

Really couldn't have picked a better vehicle for your trip. So you got the big ford, and the 'wing up in ND. What about the Jeep?