Ownership Verified: 244 inches of America (2011 Ford F-150)

Jeep is still in the parents garage in Dallas and will be for the foreseeable future. I do intend to pick it up from there at some point but until then dad will take care of it for me.

You're probably gonna hate your Jeep if you drive it from Dallas to NoDak when you're used to how comfortable and quiet your F150 is. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not sure if it will ever move to North Dakota, and I plan to head back to Texas after a few years. But for now, I'll have to make due with only the F150 and the GL1000, poor me :p

What about the Jeep?

I was also curious about what's happening with the CJ. Is it staying in Texas as the driver for when you visit the folks?

Edit: Beaten to the answer by CrazyJeeper

Oh, this looks like so much fun! Great pick-up as well. Really like the way it looks

Well this didn't take long.

It has 240 or so delivery miles, so that just under 2k per month for the last 5 months.

18 MPG sounds pretty damn good for something that large. Congrats on reaching 10K

You getting 18mpg in that makes me depressed about the abysmal mileage I get in my Jeep. I think my BEST mileage across a tank of gas was probably about 18-20mpg. I average about 15l/100kms which is about 15mpg.

That 18mpg is on an all highway tank with minimal flooring it though one day I had a strong tailwind and got 21.5mpg over my 200 mile commute. The EPA says 19mpg on the highway which is what I hope to get though I'm happy with anything over 16. My old F150 would struggle to crack 14.

Fair enough. I do most of my driving in a "city" environment, and a hilly one at that. I suppose if I did more highway driving I could probably bump up the mpg, although I have yet to meet EPA standards on a tank of gas.

Holy crap, you've put a lot of miles on your truck... If I remember correctly we got our vehicles at relatively the same time, yet you have over 3x the mileage I do. :lol:

I got my Mustang a few weeks after this thread was started in July. I've done about 3000 miles since then. :p

On the flip side, I got my Viper March 23rd and I've put over 1700 miles on it so far. Not bad considering I've only done one road trip (to Seattle) and only drive it on weekends / evenings, heh.

Anyway, at this rate Crazyjeeper should hit 50000 not long after the new year. :eek:

Well, it has been one year, and I celebrated with new tires and a wash job. The odo is a shade under 33,000 right now and the OEM rubber was on the wear bars.

I think the last time it was this clean was the day I took delivery :lol:

Last edited:
Anyway, at this rate Crazyjeeper should hit 50000 not long after the new year. :eek:

Looks like you were right on the money. I hit 50000 a few days ago.

And this is a more recent pic. I added the grill guard over christmas as I've had too many close calls of the Deer kind this year.

so with that you get ready made steaks when you hit a deer?

Dunno about over the pond, but generally, if you hit a deer or something the officer/responding parties will usually offer up the carcass to you to take and make some veal burgers and such. :p

Happened to a couple of my friends when they hit a deer... twice.