Ownership Verified: 244 inches of America v2.0 (2014 Ford F150)

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
Just a hair under 19,000 miles now and the OEM goodyears were getting trashed.

Left front:

Right rear:

Turns out that stuffing a 5600 pound truck into a 270 degree banked cloverleaf at 40mph and then flooring it on the exit to spin up the inside rear wears out tires. :lol:

I took the opportunity to go for an upgrade and had some BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s fitted.

Much better. :cool:

Reactions: TC

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima

JCE

Car(s)
2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
Just a hair under 19,000 miles now and the OEM goodyears were getting trashed.

Left front:

Right rear:

Turns out that stuffing a 5600 pound truck into a 270 degree banked cloverleaf at 40mph and then flooring it on the exit to spin up the inside rear wears out tires. :lol:

I took the opportunity to go for an upgrade and had some BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s fitted.

Much better. :cool:
Hah, epic. :D

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
3 year update!

Drove it to Moab towing the Jeep

Drove it to North Dakota

Truck has 55k on the clock now. It started running like dog shit 5k miles ago. Turns out a lot of these EcoBoost trucks are needing plugs a lot sooner than the 100k the book says. Dealer also wanted to change my front brake pads so $1500 later it was running good.

When I drove it to North Dakota for work a few weeks back and I noticed a vibration under braking. Intensity was tied to speed and to braking intensity. When I got home I looked at my service invoice and they made no mention of turning the rotors when they did the pads. Since front rotors are fairly easy on a 4wd with unit bearings I decided to do the job myself and use that excuse to get a shiny new toy!

Behold, the lime green Daytona

Old rotor, new rotor

Much better

Nice and shiny

I just got home from the test drive and it's fixed! Zero vibration under braking.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
Truck has been running flawlessly. I drove it 2200 miles to Utah and back pulling a trailer and it didn't even break a sweat.

I’m fairly certain @MXM ’s Fiat Panda is legally allowed to tow that trailer, so your 4x4 truck better not be breaking a sweat. :D

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
I’m fairly certain @MXM ’s Fiat Panda is legally allowed to tow that trailer, so your 4x4 truck better not be breaking a sweat. :D
But would it do it while sucking down fuel at a rate of 10 miles per gallon?