24h on the Ring - this weekend!

So how do restarts work in this race?

So how do restarts work in this race?

I'm guessing they'll do it like they did the start; Split the grid into three parts and have a flying start with each group behind their own pace car.

Over the night before the pause the Zakspeed Viper and the Land Motorsport Porsche swapped places between them and BMW Z4M Coupe of Stuck/Stuck/H?rtgen/G?ransson has climbed to 4th overall. The Phoenix Aston Martin DBRS9 is still on 5th.

I just heard on Radio LeMans that they have given cars a different coloured sticker on their window and they will go out behind 3 safety cars and do a rolling start. So you'll have the leaders with Suzuki's etc mixed in in group 1 and so forth.

There was just drama on track. The two lead Porsches were having a big battle for the lead and came up to lap some backmarkers, Marcel Tiemann in the lead Porsche slowed down and 2nd placed car crashed into the back of him (or the backmarker, the cameras didn't get a good look at the incident), causing a broken radiator. The team is now changing it but the car has already lost a full lap, and is likely to lose at least the 2nd place to the Zakspeed Viper, and propably more positions.

This means the number 1 Porsche is over a lap ahead of the rest of the field.

the manthey porsche slowed down because the yellow flag was out, but somehow it didn?t sustain any damage from the crash... how did the land porsche get damaged like that??

edit: they?re back in the race...

Either they hit someone else or the rear construction in the Porsche is massively stronger than the front. It would be incredible if the impact really caused almost no damage to the rear but that big damage to the front.

Wheres the 007 Aston Martin at the moment??

Either they hit someone else or the rear construction in the Porsche is massively stronger than the front. It would be incredible if the impact really caused almost no damage to the rear but that big damage to the front.
whats weird is that the diffusor and everything stilll look totally fresh...

Wheres the 007 Aston Martin at the moment??

p5 at the moment... go sascha!

The Aston is actually on P4, they got past the Land Motorsport Porsche as well while they were changing the radiator.

yeah I just realised that the list still has the land porsche as well... oops...

NOOOOOOOO!!

I have never seen this race before, but I have to admit I am really enjoying it. Will be listening to Radio LeMans for the LeMans race too!!

BIG CRASH!!

Suzuki on its roof.

Beat you to it :p

The safety cell of that car held together well. Interesting how they dont have to wear HANS devices. Maybe that will be brought in next year?