[24x01] March 5th, 2017 - the old track is back!

[24x01] March 5th, 2017 - the old track is back!

• Total voters
It's got a long way to go before i even think about saying i prefer it to GT, but they're off to a good start

This was cringe worthy. And I've never see this forum so dead especially at a premiere of a new series.

This Ferrari FXXK's!

The guest was forgettable.

Kazakstan was ok.

This exceeded my expectations so much I gave it a 10. Not because it was perfect but because it was so much better than last season. And TGT.

The fact that they had Ronin jokes is strong evidence how well this episode tied into the petrolhead/anorak mindset. And they themselves had continuity errors in the challenge segment :lol:

Yeah - I spotted that too! The Volvo was suddenly whole again a day *after* it had crashed into the Merc and lost its left headlamp unit...

Yeah - I spotted that too! The Volvo was suddenly whole again a day *after* it had crashed into the Merc and lost its left headlamp unit...

Maybe I'm just blind but when I skim through the episode it seems like the damage is pretty consistently there. What time in the episode does it appear undamaged after the accident?

Maybe I'm just blind but when I skim through the episode it seems like the damage is pretty consistently there. What time in the episode does it appear undamaged after the accident?

Just spotted it @ 33:24. Look at the Volvo's headlights. They suddenly seem to be intact.

Finally back on track. :) I stopped watching season 23 after two episodes because I couldn't stand shouty Evans, the first TGT season was pretty weak as well, but this looks much more promising. They still need to settle in since they still have to learn to be TV presenters, but they're getting there. :)

Surprisingly good, and miles better than last year Top Gear.
I wish they would cut studio bits to minimum, so far these are the weakest parts of the show. Also, the black dude adds nothing (hopefully this isn't racist thing to say)

Overall a good show, and better than anything Grand Tour did, this first episode of Top Gear demonstrates how idiotically over produced, yet so badly written and delivered fail fest the Grand Tour was.

Will start watching Top Gear again, never thought that will happen :)

I fully agree. It's a pleasant surprise.

I'm going to give it 7/10 as well. A good start, marred only by the overly long star segment. I hope that won't become a trend.

I sort of see the chemistry issue being the same as it was with Tanner, Rutledge and Adam; very shaky at the beginning, but grew strong over time. Hoping things will feel more natural after a while, maybe leading to less scripted stuff, maybe a little more ad-libbing.

Since my expectations were pretty low, I surprisingly liked the episode. The production value is still good despite most of the crew defecting to TGT. I hope they avoid trying to carbon copy the CHM version of Top Gear and add some of their own personalities into the script. Plus the Stig has to be a regular part of the show as he is one asset that the TGT don't have at their disposal (seriously hate that American on TGT).

Rewatched it and my favourite moment definitely was Binary Sunset soundtrack at the desert-like place that reminded of Tatooine. I feel really good about this first episode and if TGT improves in the second season, we will have two great high-budget car-entertainment shows!

I get what you mean - the Taxi dropping off its blocks and running away reminded me a bit too much of when Hammond used to go into "fake idiot" mode for the purposes of lame, scripted comedy. I do hope they don't fall into that trap and instead let a natural chemistry evolve. TG was always at its best when it was just three guys riffing off each other.

And I think I must have been a bit tired but when Harris first emerged with the new paintjob on the Volvo my first thought wasn't so much BTCC as R2D2. I made the space connection in my head before the gearhead one. :lol:

I get what you mean - the Taxi dropping off its blocks and running away reminded me a bit too much of when Hammond used to go into "fake idiot" mode for the purposes of lame, scripted comedy.

I did genuinely burst out laughing at that point :lol:

It was a solid attempt at keeping the name going and I found it quite enjoyable to watch. The production quality was great as usual and the cars fantastic. The show is getting back to its original goals and if this a building block this show will right back up there on my weekly watch list.

I did find the studio segments a little wooden and forced. They perhaps need to relax a little.