[24x06] April 16th, 2017 - Cuba

[24x06] April 16th, 2017 - Cuba

• Total voters

Captain Black

Honestly, I've been fast forwarding through most of the last few episodes. The studio segments are killing it and even the films are starting to slip. :(

Last edited:

Rex Luther

Car(s)
Honda Jaaaaaazz, 89 M-B 300 CE
Good ep. 8/10
Ross Noble was a very entertaining guest.

Bunglejph

Car(s)
Nissan Patrol, Chevy Tahoe, 1991 + 2002 Camaro Z28
a solid 7 + 1 for having a third gen Camaro in it!

pete8475

Car(s)
1999 Volvo S80 T6. 1990 Chevrolet C10
I thought it was decent, Noble was a good guest and the Cuba segment was fun.

I wonder how much time they fill with so little content. It's more like talkshow than a car show. I miss the old guys...

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
Comparing this to the "Hammond and May builds lego car whilst drinking not Vodka" on Drive Tribe, I would rather watch H&M 50 times in a row than this episode another time.

jws926

Car(s)
2001 Nissan Maxima, 2015 Nissan Altima
This was for me the weakest episode for this series, the only part that I fully enjoyed was the AMG GTR piece, the guest, I skipped most of it( nothing against him), the trip the Cuba, yawn, it felt like it was lacking something, and , Top Gear USA did their trip to Cuba in the last season, and that was far more enjoyable.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I think the trip was lacking any challenge. The cars they bought were nice, reliable and expensive compared to TG trips of old. They didn't have a goal in mind other than just exploring but I actually quite enjoyed the sightseeing tour and it's good to see a trip where they don't destroy the cars. I like Ross Noble, have been to one of his stand-up gigs and he likes Land Rovers so listening to him was no issue for me. The Kahn Defender is a bit much but that's honestly the most tasteful thing the tuning company makes. AMG GTR film was good, nicely done as usual. I like the fact that they put a big yellow knob on the dash for traction control, nice and simple.

Watermelon, Shed, Volvo still gets my approval, I should make a shirt. Definitely not the weakest in my opinion but not a shining gem either.

hal9000

Honestly, I've been fast forwarding through most of the last few episodes. The studio segments are killing it and even the films are starting to slip. :(
Would agree with all of that, I thought EP5 was the weakest of the series but this one isn't far behind. The studio segments are completely lacking in fun, character and atmosphere.

Anyone noticed that even the audience seems not to enjoy it? An don't they have any heating in the studio? Everybody is wearing winterjackets.

dstarfire

Yes, the Cuba film was a waste of time & money. Rory outside a city, and Harris with an ordinary car - what where they thinking?! You might as well send Eddie off-roading and have Sabine do an economy challenge. And the blatant nostalgia grab was just nauseating.

Aside from that, it was pretty good. Ross Noble is usually pretty entertaining, especially when a presenter shares his love of bikes and heavy machinery.