$25,000 performance car Go!

bry789123

Yea so my friend has 25k to spend on a performance car. I told him he can get the the mustang or a Gti. He doesn't want those, so anybody got anything else?

New or used, and if used how used?

White '08 WRX 5-door.

If he has $25,000 and doesn't have the slightest idea of what to spend it on already. Stick him in an Automatic V6 Mustang with some stripes. GTi, Mx-5s, WRXs are for people who know what they want out of a car.

I love how the entire forum just pounces on these kinds of advice threads. With that budget he can get a slightly used Honda S2000 or a slightly more used Boxster.

Yeah, sounds like a guy that doesn't really care about cars, but wants something for the look and feel. Tell him to look at late model BMW's.

with a trade in you could almost get a brand new RX8 (the new one without the ugly front end) for that. Thats what i would get with my 25 grand.

Yea so my friend has 25k to spend on a performance car. I told him he can get the the mustang or a Gti. He doesn't want those, so anybody got anything else?

http://www.texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb/UI/WebForms2/InventoryDetail.aspx?id=3039A

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/803458130.html (replace the engine with the 03-spec XKR engine for $7K (due to the Nikasil and timing chain issues) and you've got a fine car.)

I wouldn't want a stick axle Mustang for street use either. And I hate FWD, so I can understand why the GTI is out of the picture.

He can get a pretty decent BMW E39 M5 for less than 25k.

New - 25k with some sweet talking can get you a MazdaSpeed 3 with all options including navigation, if not it's 25k MSRP for the best model without navi so you could get it for less.

Used but still newish - Probably "the fastest" you will get will be a C5 Z06 (corvette)

Than of course there is always the "modded car" option. 25k can get you an LSx FD (rx7)

If he is just buying the car to look cool/feel cool tell him to get a luxury car and he won't end up wrapped around a tree. And unless you're driving the cars the way they were meant to be (and that doesn't mean weaving in and out of traffic) they won't be as nice to deal with every day. That's a low miled 05 3 series or a 02 v8 5 series.

New Camaro V6.

Down payment on a house, assuming he hasn't already got one.

New - pretty much covered above.
Used - far too many choices to list. Does he want an offroader, something that handles well, accelerates quickly, makes a loud noise, looks cool, has lots of leather and buttons to push? Does he want to just look cool, autocross, rallycross, go mudding? He needs to decide on what kind of car he wants first.

Solstice GXP, that'd be my choice.

Impractical? Bah!

You can get a Dodge Charger base model with a 190 hp v6, a 4 speed automatic and........what was the question again? I suggest a used Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Last edited: