280ZX - Even worth looking at?

The S30 Zs does look very good, but please don't drop an American motor in it, an RB25 swap will probably cost the same and it'll still be all Nissan after the swap.

Nowhere close, but I agree the RB would be sooo much cooler. You can put together a solid 300hp SBC for $1k easily.

The S30 Zs does look very good, but please don't drop an American motor in it, an RB25 swap will probably cost the same and it'll still be all Nissan after the swap.

It actually improves the weight distribution :D. Oh, and its more like 3000. (for the whole project, maybe you were talking just about building the motor starfox)

It actually improves the weight distribution :D. Oh, and its more like 3000. (for the whole project, maybe you were talking just about building the motor starfox)

I was.:cool:

I was about to mock you for buying that LT1 camaro... but then I saw it has a T56 and you got it for $1500.

I've seen people pay $1500 for T56es!

Good luck dealing with that godawful clutch design, but it sounds like a good setup. Just get it cleaned up, and for god's sake put some kind of ground fx kit on it so it doesnt look like it's about to go off-roading.

Another option ... you may want to consider parting it out. How many miles are on it?

124 on the car, 90 on the motor. So, just barely broken in :D.

This car is known to beat modified evo 9's (from a dig of course) and C6 corvettes, got it from a good friend of mine. Still, dont have it, just got the last of the money today and probibly going to pick it up tomarrow afternoon, or this weekend at the latest.

124 on the car, 90 on the motor. So, just barely broken in :D.

This car is known to beat modified evo 9's (from a dig of course) and C6 corvettes, got it from a good friend of mine. Still, dont have it, just got the last of the money today and probibly going to pick it up tomarrow afternoon, or this weekend at the latest.

:blink:

Who's grandpa was driving?

Nowhere close, but I agree the RB would be sooo much cooler. You can put together a solid 300hp SBC for $1k easily.

Not if you actually care anything about the way the engine makes you feel on a emotional level. The damn engine may be strong and rare and N1Sm000, but its only about as much fun as playing fetch with a Coelacanth.

:blink:

Who's grandpa was driving?

Two explanations:

A) Gen 4 Camaros are much much much much much faster then you'd expect.

B) This one has thousands of dollars in modifications done by a total expert. (My friends dad, Same person just did a Lq9 swap into his 2002 Trans am, not to mention the 250 shot and all the unknown work done to it)

^If people don't know the potential of 4th gens, most specifically late models, then they've been living under a fuckin rock.

So you found a car then? Pics? Mods?

Isn't the LT series engine iron block? I doubt an iron block V8 will be lighter than an iron block I6. I don't know if they prices went up or not, but a few years ago when I was deciding what car to buy, I researched into the 240SX and RB25 swaps, the RB25DET with transmission can be had for $3-3.5k. You can probably do 400whp on the stock internals with that engine. (of course you'll need turbo, intercooler, injectors and ems upgrades) Ofc this is your car and I wish you luck with the LT1 swap.

Two explanations:

A) Gen 4 Camaros are much much much much much faster then you'd expect.

B) This one has thousands of dollars in modifications done by a total expert. (My friends dad, Same person just did a Lq9 swap into his 2002 Trans am, not to mention the 250 shot and all the unknown work done to it)

Well a 250 shot was not mentioned before, that can explain a good amount. :lol:

That isnt the car i bought, (with 250 shot) this is another car. Mine is as fast as a corvette, this one (sort of a hero car to us) can hang with modified ferarri's and Lamborghini's.

I'm talking horsepower somewhere near 800 at the wheels, mine is a paltry 330-350 or so.

Not trying to make it sound like an uber car, the price you pay for cheap speed is a GM plastic interior, and reliability somewhere between a rover and a 70's french car. Still, only poofs want a nice interior instead of a big engine, and to quote richard hammond "Reliability is so tedious".

Last edited:
That isnt the car i bought, (with 250 shot) this is another car. Mine is as fast as a corvette, this one (sort of a hero car to us) can hang with modified ferarri's and Lamborghini's.

I'm talking horsepower somewhere near 800 at the wheels, mine is a paltry 330-350 or so.

Not trying to make it sound like an uber car, the price you pay for cheap speed is a GM plastic interior, and reliability somewhere between a rover and a 70's french car. Still, only poofs want a nice interior instead of a big engine, and to quote richard hammond "Reliability is so tedious".

Out of an LT1? Please explain. Maybe with the most exotic heads and intake on a built, stroked, and bored block. Pics? Mod list? Thats insane if its true. I assume you're using the modded lambo's and ferrari's as a metaphor, or have you guys really actually raced modded Italians? Compared to many many modified "muscle cars" (hate using that term) Lamborghini's and Ferraris (even the Enzo and LP640) are slow. Ford GT is quickly becoming the king of the street (alongside the viper)

Last edited:
Out of an LT1? Please explain. Maybe with the most exotic heads and intake on a built, stroked, and bored block. Pics? Mod list? Thats insane if its true. I assume you're using the modded lambo's and ferrari's as a metaphor, or have you guys really actually raced modded Italians? Compared to many many modified "muscle cars" (hate using that term) Lamborghini's and Ferraris (even the Enzo and LP640) are slow. Ford GT is quickly becoming the king of the street (alongside the viper)

I saw some old muscle cars handing some turbo 911s their "bums" a while back out here. They were only doing 12s on the track, and a lot of these muscle cars were doing 9s, 10s, and 11s. It just depends you know. The thing with the Porsche is that you can drive it home instead of trailiering it. There's a lot ot be said for an exotic supercar that's just as at home on a race track as it is on a highway, and that's not something you can say about these cars that have been modded to the hilt to compete with htem. You sacrifice a lot for those bragging rights.

In essence, I agree with you, though. Problem is that most people just throw a loud muffler, some Edelgarbage and some shiny valvecovers on their V8s and what you get is a car that's barely faster than when you started. (Only because of the exhaust)

A) Read my above post, it is an uber modified and sprayed LQ9 motor. The new one from the escalade.

And B) i live in miami, ferarri's and Lamborghini's are as common as Ford F-150's :D Yes we can and do race them.

(Oh, and he drives this car to work, no uncomfortable weight reduction of any kind)

A) Read my above post, it is an uber modified and sprayed LQ9 motor. The new one from the escalade.

And B) i live in miami, ferarri's and Lamborghini's are as common as Ford F-150's :D Yes we can and do race them.

(Oh, and he drives this car to work, no uncomfortable weight reduction of any kind)

The Escalade uses an LS engine, despite the LQ designation, its essentially an LS engine. I can believe 550hp naturally aspirated out of one of those. If its the Vortec 6.0, thats just an LS2 with another name and some different parts designed for truck use. I'm fairly certain of all that information at least. :lol:

^-- Sounds right to me. I mean i dont know this guy personally (just my friends dad), so i dont go poking around in his engine bay, forgive me not knowing exactly what mods he's done. :p

Still waiting for this guy to find the title (he doesnt know where it is).

When i do get pictures, be prepared, its quite ugly in the condition its in. But i'd rather have a mechanically solid project then a pretty lemon :p