29th of January Online Race

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
teamfinalgear4ko.jpg

Saturday 29nd of January @ 7pm GMT 0:00

General Rules
1. You can only join if you are a serious racer. We are here for fun and we don't need childish wreckers.
2. You need a legal copy of the game. Demo will do for the first couple of races, almost everyone has the full version already. Later on we will be playing the full version online.^
3. If you keep fucking up the race, like forgetting to brake in every corner or anything like that. I'll kick your butt ;-)

Racing Rules

1. If you want to overtake the car in front of you, honk the horn once.
2. If you are being overtaken, go to the either side of the track. just don't be in the way.
3. If you want to let the person behind you know he can overtake you, use the double turn-signal and go to either side of the track.
If you don't have turn-signals mapped, do it.
4. If you see a person behind you that is faster and wants to overtake, let him. Don't ignore him and think you can be faster.
Turn on the blinker and let him pass. You may even want to slow down a bit so you two won't end up in a corner side by side.
5. Don't use other people as a guide-rail in corners. If you can't keep up, don't ruin it for them.
6. If someone accidently hits you and you end up in the grass, don't plan on revenge. Nobody is out to kill your fun.
7. Overtaking in corners is a thing you should decide for yourself, as long as you don't violate rule number 5 it's fine.
Slower cars can take the corner wide so faster people can overtake on the inner side.
8. No alcohol is allowed.
9. Have fun!

Teammembers so far: (16)

AndyHui
Representing: Malaysia
Local time: 3:00am
Playing with:
Version:

Bigfoot
Representing: Netherlands
Local time: 20:00
Playing with:
Version:

Buba
Representing: Germany
Playing with:
Version:
Can't make it

Chaos386
Representing: Saudi Arabia
Local time: 22:00
Playing with: Mouse
Version: Demo

ESPNSTI
Representing: United States
Local time: 1:00pm
Playing with: Wheel
Version: Full

Jostyrostelli

Kip 6666
Playing with:
Version:

Mischief007
Representing: Canada
Local time: 2:00pm
Playing with: Keyboard

Mrkrazzy
Representing: Australia
Local time: 5:00am
Version:

MXM
Representing: Finland
Local time: 21:00

M5RangeRover
Local time: 12:00am
Playing with:
Version:

Renesis
Local time: 2:00pm

Swek
Representing: Germany
Playing with:
Version:

Ultra Kool Dude
Version:

Vette Boss

Viper007Bond
Local time: 11:00am

Re: 29th of January

Re: 29th of January

Jostyrostelli said:
6. If someone accidently hits you and you end up in the grass, don't plan on revenge. Nobody is out to kill your fun.
Pfft, Ren and I are excluded from this rule. :twisted:

I take it to be my personal job to "accidentally" ram Ren while racing. :p

BTW - perhaps you should sort the list, either alphabetically or by timezone. Kinda random right now.

Oh, so do you want me hosting again this week? I can if need be.

Uff.. Those rules need some adjustment :)

If you want to let the person behind you know he can overtake you, use the Right turn-signal and go to the right side of the track.
It certainly doesn't have to be a right side. Just use a turn-signal to show a guy behind you, that you're gonna let him pass on other side. But I don't think everyone will use it anyway...

And in general, if you're passing it's your responsibility to make it clean, not the guy in front (he might not even see you).

Oke I'll edit it, I'm using the signals just to be "a gentleman on the circuit" lol
It's just so much easier if you know that the person in front of you saw you and you can pass without being hit (and drop down 10 positions)

Jostyrostelli said:
Yeah, would be nice. You're in the race right?
Yep.

swek said:
All these rules. Maybe we should establish a speed limit :)
:lol: That's actually what I was thinking.

How about standard racing rules - don't block and pass only when it's safe?

The using of turn signals is generally only used in real racing if the passing car is much faster than the car being passed.
You wouldn't use it if you're fighting for position.

I have look left, look right, horn, handbrake, reset and hazards mapped on my steering wheel right now, so I don't think I'm going to map left / right turn signals.
I only have 6 buttons, although I believe it is possible to program one of those buttons as a "shift" button, so you can have two functions for the same button.

^I changed the "left/right" just the double will do, and yes it's only if you're really damn slow and I wanna pass you :lol:

Where is that option??? I tried looking today and couldn't find it anywhere :?

ESPNSTI said:
The using of turn signals is generally only used in real racing if the passing car is much faster than the car being passed.
You wouldn't use it if you're fighting for position.

I have look left, look right, horn, handbrake, reset and hazards mapped on my steering wheel right now, so I don't think I'm going to map left / right turn signals.
I only have 6 buttons, although I believe it is possible to program one of those buttons as a "shift" button, so you can have two functions for the same button.

what the fuck? you couldn't map the hazards/flashers on a wheel before, nor change the buttons used for them

Renesis said:
what the fuck? you couldn't map the hazards/flashers on a wheel before, nor change the buttons used for them
Err... maybe that's why they're not working.... :lol: