29th of January Online Race

someone tell me on MSN or yahoo messenger game info... too lazy to log on to the chat and I might not wake up in time.. lol

Oh $#%^!@!!! :mad:

I totally forgot that I'll be at the auto show when you guys play (seeing an Enzo and stuff > LFS, sorry :p).

Vette Boss - you host, but before I leave, I'll throw up my server and post the IP/pass in case his connection can't handle it.

Do we need someone with a police skin to pull over the drunk drivers? :p

10-4

I'm standby

BTW while in Demo mode we should do atleast ONE all GTi race

The demo version can only handle 11 people racing at once. With max server settings, that requires a 60 KB/sec upload, so Vette Boss can handle that.

Since I'm going to be AFK, my server will be running the full version with. In the case that Vette Boss can't handle the number of people that want to play S1 on his connection, you guys can use my server. You only need to use it if Vette Boss can't handle the number of people that want to play, or if you just want to of course. ;)

I'm running a dedicated server for the moment at:

IP: 207.225.79.233
Server Name: FinalGear.com
Password: gear
Version: S1

As I said, use it if you want, don't if you don't. Doesn't matter to me.

I'll PM jost the admin password if he needs it.

Well my family isn't ready to go for a while <_<, so I'm gonna play. Vette Boss have a server up?

Well, I turned my server into a demo server if you guys wanna join it...

It's not too hard UKD. Eventually you'll be good. A wheel helps A LOT.

Yah, not many people, but still lot of fun. :)
It'll get more interesting once everyone gets some more practice I think.

I'm getting there with the GT, but I'm still too unpredictable to race with other people. With the GTI, I basically get wide, brake in a straight line, then accelerate past the apex and through the corner. If I do this with the GT I end up in huge drifts, how do I fix this gurus (especially ESPNSTI)?

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I'm getting there with the GT, but I'm still too unpredictable to race with other people. With the GTI, I basically get wide, brake in a straight line, then accelerate past the apex and through the corner. If I do this with the GT I end up in huge drifts, how do I fix this gurus (especially ESPNSTI)?

Well there could be several problems, here are some:
-You could be braking to late, which causes you to turn in too late.
-You could be too eager with the throttle or you could be applying it too soon.
-If your brake setup isn't right, its easy to destabalize the car.
-The stock setup isn't very good, I hope you're not using it, try using mine, or someone elses who's doing well.
-I have no idea what it's like to play without a wheel, if you don't have one, get one.

Look at someone's replay and try to copy exactly what they're doing.
You could try a replay analyzer to find out what your weak spots are.
And last but not least, practice, practice, practice.

If you want to post a replay, I could probably make some other suggestions.