29th of January Online Race

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
it's either full-on or full-off. :bangin:
Yah, that would be really bad, that's probably a perfect formula to destabalize a car.
Full throttle gives you oversteer, and then suddenly not having any throttle at all will probably give you lift off oversteer.

@UKD: There are some tricks to get round a corner and tune your car right for the mouse.
Like brake-bias, put it about 80% in front, the front wheels will block when you brake. May not look pretty but since we cant have 60 or 70% braking with pedal our car destablizes very easy, if the brake-bias is 50% you will spin guaranteed.

You need to remember with each corner how many meters from the corner you brake (like 53) So at 53 you can brake 100% and go through the corner in the inner side.

The gear-ratio to 4.5. This makes shorter gears so you can go through corners in 3rd gear, and if you are going to fast you can go to 2nd and the car will slow down even more on the engine, which may prevent you from crashing.

A thing that I thought was good, was braking on the engine, if you push the brake for about 5 seconds the revs are going to idle and the car will become unstable.
With the mouse you should throttle a little bit after every gearchange, try some things with that. not sure if I explained it clearly right now.

If you come out of a corner, don't counter-steer too much, that will cause you to drifte. Hold the "wheel" straight and the car will drift slightly and you're out of the corner at full speed.

Don't rev into the redline too often, the engine can break. So if you do it a lot to brake on the engine, you're slower at the end.

gotta do somemore practicing on the next weekend... gna try to drive the XRGT... I think I got the brake bias wrong thats why I was spinning round every corner :lol:

its still quite difficult to control with your setups... maybe I just need a little more practice rather than the 2-3hrs every Sat :lol:

Thanks ESPNSTI and Josty - I've managed to take 13 seconds off my laptime in a couple of laps. :thumbsup:

By next Saturday I may be a force to be reckoned with (unlikely). :twisted:

Actually I prefer the brake bias only lightly more to the front (0.73), and the brake strength per wheel simply reduced (793 Nm), this seems to give very, very stable braking even when putting your foot to the floor.
Of course, giving it a throttle blip while braking and downshifting helps a lot to shorten your brake distance.
Shifting as fast as you can while braking without over-revving the engine seems to produce the best results (most of the time).
Also putting wheels on top of the curbs while braking seems to help (at least in the XR GT it does).

I choose a mode where it blips the throttle when I downshift... so I guess that helps as I use alot of engine braking as well... well that works in the GTi... still can't control the GT

Haha UKD 13 seconds :lol: :thumbsup:

Andy, make a replay and send it to me, I'll watch your replay and maybe I can give you advise where you mess up..