[29x01] 4th Oct 2020 - Freddie, Chris and Paddy test three new company cars, and Chris heads to Italy with the Ferrari SF90

jack_christie

Forum Addict
S29E01

Freddie, Chris and Paddy test three new company cars, and Chris heads to Italy with the Ferrari SF90.

Twenty four hours in Bolton
What better way to test three new company cars - the Tesla Model 3, Volvo S60 and BMW 3-Series - than by spending 24 hours in them? No feet on the ground. At any point.

The location for this challenge? Bolton. Obviously. Because it’s twinned with Le Mans (home of the famous 24-hour race). It’s the perfect opportunity for Paddy to give Chris and Freddie the grand tour of his hometown.
Ferrari SF90

The SF90 supercar is the fastest, most powerful, most complicated Ferrari ever made. Chris heads to Italy to test the 1,000-horsepower SF90 to the limit on track, and discover whether it’s just too complicated for its own good.

Episode 1 of 5

Last edited:
Decent first episode.

"Fred, that is massive damage" - Chris Harris

I actually watched most of this last night, only because of the Tesla though. I'm still thinking about what I saw and what a circus this has become.

I don't think I've ever seen a 'test' of new cars where they were abused so much and showed such little respect, aside from actual stress tests. I assume and hope that these cars were all MIRA test cars or something and that they were going to be crushed, the final stunt they pulled confirmed it for me really. The BMW seemed to get away with most of the abuse.

The car park race was fun but rendered pointless, the race on the track was pointless because two of them can't drive properly (deliberately or otherwise) and they didn't really say much else about the cars. I mean I laughed at some of the stupid stuff but some of it really was too stupid.

Skipped the Ferrari but I may go back and watch it, saw the lap and damn that thing is ugly with the front aero. Skipped the waffle too.

Oh, also, the jump to BBC1 seems to have come with a pre-watershed pass for TG. Apart from seeing Freddie's arse a few times there was a fair amount of swearing, more than I expected. I thought TG was meant to be a show kids get to stay up for.

Not too shabby an episode really, I may have skipped the last series but I decided to tune in to see the Ferrari review and where the show was at. Call me a snowflake if you like but I think their "banter" borders on bullying at times.
I think I'll continue onward for the rest of this series and see how things go, I'm interested in that episode where they drive the Jag, the Lamo, and the F40.

Good start. The Ferrari saved it.

Didn't like seeing the Volvo damaged for no reason other than lack of talent. Don't like their attitude a lot of the time, either.

The good: The Ferrari film and the parking garage time trial. This is a brilliantly bad idea. :D

The bad: Everything else, meaning the three stooges acting like 14 year olds will the time.

The three of them acted liked absolute tools while in the 3 "company cars". Chris seemed to be forcing his laughter a lot, the Volvo getting coked was incredibly childish and not funny at all and if I was was Harris with those knobs blocking my vision I'd be pissed.

Car park segment was not bad but the humour they try to portrait is just not that funny and defiantly not clever.

This is the first Top Gear I've watched with these 3 and I can honestly say it is sad to see how rubbish it's become..

Stopwatch gag utter tripe too.

Really low brow show now sadly.