[29x02] 11th Oct 2020 - Freddie, Chris and Paddy tackle a monstrous wall of death in some very cheap insurance write-offs. The trio also take a Yorksh

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Freddie, Chris and Paddy tackle a monstrous wall of death in some very cheap insurance write-offs. The trio also take a Yorkshire road trip in classic supercars, and Freddie attempts to hit 200mph in an old Jaguar.

Episode 2 of 5

Posting here for the first time in a LONG time...

You know, there's a real laddishness to these three that I really don't like; they're one breath away from 'Eee lads, lets go owt on t'piss and nick some fookin' motors'. Last week we saw a tidy Volvo damaged and this week a vintage Lambo was seriously twatted- both through a lack of talent that we never saw in years and years of the old team. (Leaving aside Hammond's jet car accident, which wasn't his fault).

I dunno, there's just something here, an attitude, that I'm not keen on. The wall of death sequence was good TV, though.

Lack of driving talent and crashing was always a feature of the new TG. Remember RH stuffed a brand new Rimac. Neither Paddy or Freddy have reached that level, yet. These two are playing it for laughs and getting them. It's the best version of TG since CHM.

Supercars challenge was good fun. Not going to be easy to borrow cars in the future...

Wall of death was bonkers.

Maybe 8/10

Last edited:
I think this was another good one and the two big bastards have grown on me a lot.

Lack of driving talent and crashing was always a feature of the new TG. Remember RH stuffed a brand new Rimac.

Jet car aside that was one incident in how many years? Whereas this new lot seem to revel in being loutish for the sake of it.

Jet car aside that was one incident in how many years? Whereas this new lot seem to revel in being loutish for the sake of it.

Come to think of it, the crash in the hearse was a lot more serious than they let on.

I thought this episode was decent, it's a shame they smashed up the Lambo because the 3 of them in those cars could have made for a better full episode. Then again I don't know how long they had access to the cars for filming.
The write-offs film was pretty good though like the 200mph supercars film I felt like they could have done more with it. I think it was really more of an excuse to have them crash some more interesting cars.
The lads lads lads style humor wasn't quite so annoying in this episode as it can be but I still have this nagging feeling that the balance of the trio is slightly off and that if one of those guys was replaced by Rory Reid or someone a bit less extremely northern it would be better balanced.