[29x05] 1st Nov 2020 - Mr Nippy: the all-electric, all-terrain ice cream van

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Episode five

Mr Nippy
The traditional ice cream van is dying out. But Paddy’s got a plan to save it, in the shape of the home-built Mr Nippy: the all-electric, all-terrain ice cream van for the 21st century. It sweeps streets, it crosses beaches, it’s even got an on-board rubber ring for aquatic ice cream delivery. After demonstrating the genius of Mr Nippy to Chris and Freddie around Blackpool, Paddy is ordered to a military complex on Salisbury Plain for a paintball shoot-out against a crack team of hot food vehicles.

Honda E
Honda’s got a new electric car out. After giving it a thorough road test in the Peak District, Chris heads to Alton Towers for a race against the Honda’s electric rivals from Vauxhall and Mini. Which Paddy and Freddie are driving, naturally. Which battery-powered city car can escape from a deserted theme park the quickest?

Mr Nippy was mad, but in a good way. Second part of it not so hot. Honda review ok. Maze was ok but not great.

Maybe a 6 or 7?

Sick of all the shouting now, and particularly Paddy. Gave them a fair shot but won't be watching in future.

Mr Nippy was pretty cool. I didn't mind the maze part but the car damage must get expensive (Flintoff damaging the mini bonnet).

Dunno if driving like a twat so everything in Mr Nippy went flying was needed. Seems a bit try hard.

Harris pissing himself laughing seems contrived.

6/10

At least they've all been better than EP1 which was an absolute shocker.

OK so I watched this last night, I had ran out of other content so just went for it and was prepared to be disappointed and see the thing end in a fireball. However it seems that Mr Nippy is the perfect vehicle for me. I love ice cream, I love the old Bedford vans, it has a Land Rover 110 chassis and running gear with massive off road tyres and Tesla power. It could only be better if they had made it AI drivable to go along a beach by itself, avoiding beachgoers while allowing the driver to stay in the back and remotely stop it flog cones. Dump the stupid brush though, I think that was there to fall off in a comedic fashion but it didn't.

The end challenge was silly but I've seen much worse, I loved the names but did feel sorry for the gearbox in the Citroen van after Freddie had been in it. I'm surprised to say that it worked well with these guys, I really don't think that CHM could've done this justice.

Skipped the rest of the crap. I can only take so much of these three.

Last edited:
OK so I watched this last night, I had ran out of other content so just went for it and was prepared to be disappointed and see the thing end in a fireball. However it seems that Mr Nippy is the perfect vehicle for me. I love ice cream, I love the old Bedford vans, it has a Land Rover 110 chassis and running gear with massive off road tyres and Tesla power. It could only be better if they had made it AI drivable to go along a beach by itself, avoiding beachgoers while allowing the driver to stay in the back and remotely stop it flog cones. Dump the stupid brush though, I think that was there to fall off in a comedic fashion but it didn't

The end challenge was silly but I've seen much worse, I loved the names but did feel sorry for the gearbox in the Citroen van after Freddy had been in it. I'm surprised to say that it worked well with these guys, I really don't think that CHM could've done this justice.

Skipped the rest of the crap. I can only take so much of these three.

I will have to give this a watch.

*cringes at the thought of Geoff Eagle I-Thrust, India Special, and 4 door super car sedan wedding challenge*