Votes: 9 12.0%

Votes: 8 10.7%

Votes: 6 8.0%

Votes: 9 12.0%

Votes: 10 13.3%

Votes: 5 6.7%

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
Was entertained and I enjoyed the scenery. Fuck all the political and analytical nonsense. I watched, I laughed, no issues there. I was just relieved to not have to sit through any of the painful tent or celebrity bullshit.

Perhaps you all's expectations are set too high? Just accept you won't get TGUK golden era content here day in and day out. Its a sad truth but just enjoy what you can and if you don't like any if it then stop watching. The legitimately consistent good stuff is probably long gone as they have essentially sold out. I almost think this show is only going to go 3 series before these three part ways for good. I just don't see it renewing as-is after series 3. The only way that changes is if they properly decide and get permission to make all of the content themselves and how they want it which is what I thought this was all going to be about. If they are somehow solely responsible for the entirety of the content thus far after 2 series then perhaps it is time for them to call it quits. I'll enjoy what I can for as long as I can because I still like these three guys and 90% of what is out there to watch is complete and utter trash.

Last edited:
^That's pretty much how I felt about it, JCE, especially your first paragraph. (though I can understand the hate that many have for it) They've pretty much done everything by now, and as soon as I saw the predictably bad vehicles, I thought 'well, this is going to be predictably bad,' and it predictably was. ;) But I was able to enjoy it for what it was, and still thought it was better than pretty much anything in the very disappointing first season. That was in the back of my mind this entire season, really.

Oh, and weren't those tall trees stunning? Hadn't seen anything like that before. I stitched together three screengrabs.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"1077","width":"720","src":"https:\/\/orig00.deviantart.net\/36e9\/f\/2018\/048\/a\/0\/mozambiquetrees_by_ripplin-dc3gbjz.jpg"}[/IMG2]
To me, this was one of the highlights of the episode! ;)

The real problem?

Whenever the boys aren't focused on cars or transport, either as the solution to a problem or a premise for a situation, the potential for humour failing goes up catastrophically.

India Special? Not car focused (trade relations frame), fail. Same issue here.

Haven’t watched it but going on the reviews on here and some strong negative comments on the GT Facebook page I’m going to give it a miss. Would be a shame to ruin the good last 3/4 episodes with a massive let down

Must be the worst episode ever since i started watching the trio, i slept while watching this which has never happened ever, go figure. Voted 1

Beautiful scenery. Dragged on a bit though.

The premise was rather noble. Too bad it ended up just being 3 cunts flying off in a helicopter being disrespectful to the local people. At least pretend you achieved something. Or have some sort of message. All things considered still better than season 1.

Last edited:
Aww, nolimitz, we still need a 2, though! ;)

The helicopter ending kinda reminds me of the end of The Truman Show, where after all those years watching him, it was basically 'oh well, what else is on?' In this case, maybe it's just because they knew how dumb and pointless it all was. *shrug*

Last edited:
This made India special look like a masterpiece....

Awful awful episode/ "special" as in specially bad.

Heeeeeeyyyyy, we got a 2! ;) Is this the first time we've had at least one vote for every number? If we have before, I'm thinking it was when CHM were doing Top Gear, when far more people were voting.

You can definitely tell an episode is mixed at best when there's a fair number of votes across the spectrum.

After seeing the announcement that Clarkson is going to be hosting 'Millionaire' and watching this episode, I can only hope that the trio are planning to go their separate ways after the next series. They may be responsible for re-popularizing the genre, but they are quickly losing their entertainment value. It's sad, as in some way we've all grown to see the trio as old friends, there to comfort us and spend some time making life a little more bearable.

When they go their separate ways, I hope that they will keep doing their other stuff. Plus, it would be good to see them get back together occasionally, if only to make an appearance in something. Surely, all these internet car themed shows would give them plenty of opportunities for guest appearances and cameos, even if it's only possible for them to do it as a duo or as a one man show. Also, who's to say that they couldn't come up with something new as a trio every now and then?

All of us are hoping for a good series 3!

Last edited:
I'mhalfway through, having begun browsing the Internet after about 15 minutes. This is dreadful.

2/10. At. Most.

Reactions: TC
Mr. Nice;n3546314 said:
Clarkson is going to be hosting 'Millionaire'
Whaaaaaa? Hadn't heard about that. Well, I'd actually check that out.

Is that really the right format for him, though? Can he hold back from punching someone if they take too long to answer? :p

I was extremely nice and gave it a 6/10.
Sweet lord this was a bad "special", they should be ashamed to have made such a bad episode.

I found myself playing solitaire on my phone instead of enjoying a special episode.

Great insights and commentary.

What it feels to me like, is this. During contract negotiations with Amazon, they insisted on an overseas road-trip special each series. Wilman/Clarkson tried to explain it's a big undertaking, not as easy as it looks etc.
Amazon insists, making the rest of the deal contingent on the issue. They concede with a strategy of making it to Amazon's spec and schedule, just to prove the point that half-arsing it makes for bad TV.

TL;DR -- they phoned it in.

McMonteCarlo;n3546390 said:
Great insights and commentary.

What it feels to me like, is this. During contract negotiations with Amazon, they insisted on an overseas road-trip special each series. Wilman/Clarkson tried to explain it's a big undertaking, not as easy as it looks etc.
Amazon insists, making the rest of the deal contingent on the issue. They concede with a strategy of making it to Amazon's spec and schedule, just to prove the point that half-arsing it makes for bad TV.

TL;DR -- they phoned it in.

It's my understanding this wasn't supposed to be the "special", just a regular episode. It somehow became the "special" by default when the real "special", the one they just finished filming in Colombia a couple of weeks ago, was delayed due to Richard's accident and Jeremy's pneumonia.

It wasn't the best special they've ever made but... worse than the india special? Seriously?
When I read through this thread, it seems like most expected them to make a serious effort to solve world hunger. This is a car show, you know? It's not a somehow more powerful United Nations or something. No matter what they did, it wouldn't have made the smalles difference to anything.
I think it was a waste of fish, and I don't like that. It's certainly something, the BBC wouldn't have let them do. And I miss the BBC in this respect. But other than that, I think it was allright. It didn't feel like an epic adventure, and James driving into the lake was certainly a low point. But overall, I felt well entertained. 7/10