Votes: 9 12.0%

Votes: 8 10.7%

Votes: 6 8.0%

Votes: 9 12.0%

Votes: 10 13.3%

Votes: 5 6.7%

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
The whole thing seemed fake and artificial. James and Richard's choices of cars and their methods of modifications broke my suspension of disbelief. Thinking back to the "unscripted" episode, I seem to remember Jeremy mentioning that normally they would have the production crew scout a route in advance. . .if that's true, why in the world would James choose a rear wheel drive car with no ride clearance and why would Richard choose a motorcycle? Maybe I'm being too cynical, but the whole thing seemed like it was planned out in advance and that they wrote the whole thing ahead of time. Badly, I might add. Even during the episode, Jeremy mentions that watching Richard fall off the bike isn't funny anymore. So why would they make us watch it more? As a whole it seems like The Grand Tour is far more hit and miss than Top Gear ever was, which is a real shame because I enjoyed every episode of Clarkson, Hammond, and May's last season of Top Gear. 2/10

Last edited:
There is "Ambitious, but Rubbish" and then there is just plain "Rubbish".
This episode was the latter. I gave it a 5/10 because I actually finished it, but I didn't really enjoy it at any point.

Dont care about PC stuff. World hunger is "solved" elsewhere. But to those that do: GT will rise awareness with their non PC approach far more than any "look at me im doing good" idiot. World hunger is so old and boring "nobody" cares anymore. Shake things up, get people talking, maybe something will move for a little while.
As a car comedy show it wasnt that bad. There just didnt seem to be enough change in scenery/content and trip length to pull off a special.
The fishmarket at destination was cringe straight out of India special. There was so much potential for comedy in that scene. Luckily they saved face with the heli in the end.

Unrelated note: just because you invent the phrase "and on that terrible disappointment" doesnt mean there has to be any actual disappointment.

Last edited:
The road trip in itself was pretty epic and hilarious but they played with food and wasted dozens of comestible fishes , as my grandparents said : you don't play with food , and i think poorly of those who are doing so :

4/10 for me.

This episode really soured my opinion of the guys. How can the show be this bad with this much money? Is it time for Andy Wilman to go? It is clear to me that BBC Top Gear has something that The Grand Tour doesn't. Something needs to change, this episode was inexcusable.

Finally getting around to watching this one, which says a lot about my enthusiasm for this show overall. The episode was shit.

Polish;n3546580 said:
This episode really soured my opinion of the guys. How can the show be this bad with this much money? Is it time for Andy Wilman to go? It is clear to me that BBC Top Gear has something that The Grand Tour doesn't. Something needs to change, this episode was inexcusable.

We finally got around to watching it the other day and really wish we hadn't. The whole Amazon move was a huge opportunity to reboot what they do and free of the PC leash push the boundaries and reinvent themselves. Instead, if anything, they've become more staid and stale and it's as bad as before, minus the awesome production values you get from the BBC.

You're quite right in what you say. The last season of TG was consistently good and it would seem as if, rather than it being Matt, Rory and Chris living in the shadow of CHM, it's the other way around. Unless something drastic happens during the next run of TGT I can honestly see Amazon pulling the plug on the show because on the evidence of this most recent "special" no amount of social media hype or banner advertising on other websites is going to keep the audience coming back for more.