Lightning Count

After a spate of 40K discussion recently, decided it would be a good idea to create a thread for the subject.

I'll kick things off, here are some pics of my models.

I'm mainly a Space Marine player and I field the Crimson Fists (Lysander's bolter drill is a great skill to have)

Space_Marine_Dreadnought__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Crimson_fists_Dreadnought__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Crimson_fists_drop_pod__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Ork_Warboss__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Awesome_model__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

More_warhammer_40K__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Dreadnought_Vs_Eldar__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

More_40K_stuff__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Harlequin_Deatjester__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Space_Marine_Drop_Pod_again__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

Space_Marine_Drop_Pod__by_LightningTremlett.jpg

More To come later. :)

Be sure and post pics of your own models guys and tell us about your armies.

Last edited:
GW make it way too expensive for me to start getting into armies, for now i play the games on the pc and read the novels and codexes they put out.

well, mine aren't as good as yours since i've only just started on the models. i came into Warhammer through the Dawn of War games and the books. I picked up the Battle of Macragge starter kit on a visit to my local GW store. have a ton of other model kits that i haven't put together yet like the Space Marine Dreadnought, Thunderfire Cannon, Land Raider and Devastator squads. As well as some basic Necron and Chaos Space Marine kits.
8122_142627726848_698461848_2586643_5322221_n.jpg

8122_142624286848_698461848_2586628_463163_n.jpg

8122_142624281848_698461848_2586627_6004634_n.jpg

8122_142624276848_698461848_2586626_2448052_n.jpg

As long as you enjoy the hobby mate, it's all good, this isn't a contest. :mrgreen:

I really want to get a Land Raider, cos I have got some Assault Terminators and I could put them to beastly effect.

As long as you enjoy the hobby mate, it's all good, this isn't a contest. :mrgreen:

I really want to get a Land Raider, cos I have got some Assault Terminators and I could put them to beastly effect.

well mostly i'm just fnding my feet and learning to paint the models. although, each time i see some of the work gone into other peoples model kits is enough to make me want to crack open one of my own kits and start painting.

Speaking of bolters, i keep a stock bolter on my home keys :D I wanted to get the ultramarines one for my car keys.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2008/11/17/PICT0001.jpg

I <3 the Crimson Fists.

Also, Lightning, I love assault termis with double lightning claws inside of a Land Raider, they made a ridiculous shock team.

I don't have an army, but getting one is on "the list". I was very close to buying a full 2k point CF army before I came to college, but decided I shouldn't spend the money.

Last edited:
I had Tyranids from 3rd ed. codex rules back in the day. Hive Fleet Kraken FTW!. Loved playing but it was overtaken by other pursuits later in life. I sucked balls at painting though, just solid colors in each section of piece, with bare ability to ghost on paint for highlighting. I think I could paint better these days, but a 11 year old doesn't have the steadiest hands.

I also hate the dudes at my local hobby shop, they are so stereotypically nerdy that I can barely be friends with them. Also most of them are huge losers, dead end jobs still live at home etc. I though the guys at the shop in my old town were awesome, very cool but that could be my pre-teen bias.

My best friend back then played Orks and we had some great fun on my dining room table.

[tin-voice]'sup.[/tin-voice]
04_1692.jpg

04_4682.jpg

Started out with Dark Angels back in the days of the 2nd 40k edition (and it's hideous colorful paint schemes...), and later tried out a bit of Imperial Guard and Tyranids, ultimately ending with Tau pretty soon after they were introduced - mainly because my brother switched to DAs too, so I needed something else. Haven't played for a loooong time though... :(

Speaking of bolters, i keep a stock bolter on my home keys :D I wanted to get the ultramarines one for my car keys.

Ugggghhh, Ultramarines... :X

//edit
More pics!
04_4120.jpg

04_2994.jpg

04_2033.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah yeah, they're the ones that stopped the first Tyranid invasion, great heroes yadda yadda... but imo they're one of the blandest chapters - no deviation from the Codex Astartes. Even more they're the ones to blame for the existance of the Codex Astartes in all it's retardation - limiting chapters to 1.000 Marines? Great idea! Now you have whole chapters being wiped out in battles against the later Tyranid invasions! :p

no, your way is better, let's let another Heresy happen because one legion can wield that much power, THAT will stop the tyranids...

srsly

Pff, only the truly weak would fall again. There were no traitors in our legion. I don't know why you'd suggest that. Ha ha, what a ridiculous idea. Really. :unsure:

Anyone should read the heresy novels if they're into the Marines anyway, there's a lot of back story into what went down, and it's not always as you'd think it.

I've been playing Chaos SM for about 8 years now, off and on. This summer I'm really trying to get all my stuff painted, but I'm slow and quite backlogged. I'll get some pics later.

The Horus Heresy novels are great reads. Each one (except for Battle of the Abyss, wasn't thrilled by it) has me glued to the pages all to the end. Currently reading Thousand Sons and it is excellent.

I personally think that Dark Angels have the most interesting backstory out of all the Chapters that were involved in the Horus Heresy.

As for the 'Nids, eventually they will overrun the Imperium's defences unless some way to wipe them out forever is discovered.

Started out with Dark Angels back in the days of the 2nd 40k edition (and it's hideous colorful paint schemes...), and later tried out a bit of Imperial Guard and Tyranids, ultimately ending with Tau pretty soon after they were introduced - mainly because my brother switched to DAs too, so I needed something else. Haven't played for a loooong time though... :(
Ugggghhh, Ultramarines... :X

heresystamp.png

Last edited:
Anyone should read the heresy novels if they're into the Marines anyway, there's a lot of back story into what went down, and it's not always as you'd think it.

So which specific books are recommended? Any particular order to read them in?

As they're released i imagine, this is what i gather from my collection.

1.Horus Rising
2.False Gods
3.Galaxy in Flames
4.The Flight of Eisenstein
5.Fulgrim
6.Descent Of Angels
7a.Legion
7b.Dark King & Lightning Tower (audiobook)
8.Battle for The Abyss
9.Mechanicum
10.Tales of Heresy
11.Fallen Angels
12a.Raven's Flight (audiobook)
12b.Thousand Sons

The Horus Heresy - Collected Visions (not sure where it fits, but there's some fluff there too)

Some recommend reading them in chronological order, but this way makes more sense. There's more books being written, so this is only upto date, the new book Nemesis is coming this month

Last edited:
I had some Space Wolves back when everybody was playing it but couldn't really get into it much. Not sure what happened to all of it.

I did, however, keep the Leman Russ Exterminator tank, which still today resides on my shelf, mainly because it looked really awesome. Like the tank from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

http://img827.imageshack.**/img827/2083/indytanksmallmed.jpg