yeah, reading that gives the impression that Relic has read the source material and that the franchise is in good hands. I wouldn't have figured the Astartes for taking cover either, they'd stand there, take the punishment just so they can land that killing blow.
its actually reassuring to hear that from them. too many times i've seen games company run roughshod and ignore souce material and canon in exchange for going for a quick buck.

I hope at some point you get to fight as (or along side) a SM in Terminator armour.

I also kinda hope you don't have to be Ultramarines.

I hope at some point you get to fight as (or along side) a SM in Terminator armour.

For the sweet love of jesus please... also dreadnoughts...

I also kinda hope you don't have to be Ultramarines.

yeah i think it depends on the story a whole lot. Sadly most chapters aren't a palette change away. Especially as far as characterization and equipment. We shall see though.

yeah i think it depends on the story a whole lot. Sadly most chapters aren't a palette change away. Especially as far as characterization and equipment. We shall see though.

That's true. I'm a big fan of Dark Angels (it's what I used to play when I played SMs) but their story wouldn't really jive with most of the other space marines chapters.

I would love to see some Dark Angels (wooo deathwing) or if they want to keep the melee theme Blood Angels... Or even the Grey Knight for some Inquisition fueled daemon slaughtering...

well hopefully they would at least consider a multiplayer where you can change the skin of the Space Marine to various different chapters of the Astartes.

I think you can play as a member of the Ultramarines, sucks, I would have liked to play as a Blood Angel or a Black Templar or one of the other chapters.

bumpy bump, Ultramarines movie is out :O

Also, fourteenth Horus Heresy book is out, imma start it today, aw yeah \o/

it is?! i'll have to take a look in HMV tomorrow and see if i can get my hands on a copy.

Only the producers are selling it and no blu-ray version either. :(

afaik it hasn't been "purchased" for online "acquisition" as yet.

"Nudge, Nudge, wink wink, Say no more"

I have bought the Ultramarines movie, just waiting for it to arrive now.

Last edited:
mate of mine watched it the other day. i can't use the words he described the movie as. didn't fill me with hope.

Oh, dear. Well I'll find out soon enough.

It's not going to blow your socks off, and the animation made me nostalgic about late 90's CGI films (not nessicarily in a good way), but its a better waste of 90 minutes than say, Gigli. Then again, diahrea is a better waste of 90 minutes than Gigli.

The Ultramarines movie arrived today and I have watched it, have to say I thought it was okay, but could have been a lot better.

Last edited: