• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

41st Anniversary of the Assassination of Malcolm X

Firecat

Politically Charged
The following is an excerpt from a speech he gave one year before he was gunned down. It is known as ?The Ballot or the Bullet.?
Clip

said something about an innacurate file?

Also on this day:
* 1613 - Mikhail I was elected unanimously by the Zemsky Sobor to become Tsar, beginning the Romanov dynasty in Imperial Russia.
* 1804 - Built by Richard Trevithick, the first self-propelled steam engine or locomotive first ran in Wales.
* 1848 - The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels was first published.
* 1952 - Protesters in Dhaka, East Pakistan walked into military fire in demand of the establishment of the Bengali language as an official language.

:roll:

"We need a self help program. A do it yourself philosophy. A do it right now philosophy". :thumbsup:

The only words I can appreciate, that NEED to be said to blacks now calling racism for their own demise and ignorance. That is what is lacking in today's black leadership, all they do is look for people disagreeing with them and label them a racist. It's like a witch hunt, quite pathetic. But back to Malcom X. I can say that encouraging people to fight and mocking Dr. King's PEACEFUL efforts during the era is why I have no epathy for him, his birthday or his movement/philosphy. MLK did FAR MORE than Malcom X did. I see him as a bigot that could have caused a chaotic racial clash in the country If his foolish words of "ballot or bullet" or fighting the white man were taken into action.

On a side note, It was interesting to hear that speech, thanks Firecat. I really dislike most of his views but I can appreciate his empowerment (in some ways) and fearlessness when delivering his speeches. I can appreciate that and still disagree with him, right? :lol:

Also, would you think he can be seen in the same light as a NeoCon? ;) His firece attitude and hawkish approach is what I think I really appreciate....think about that, give me a reply.

Same light as a neocon? That's an interesting comparison. Obviously not ideoligcally, but in terms of taking a stand and being forceful. Yeah, sure. Although his agenda was a more noble one.

I have to side with Malcolm in terms of his approach. Peaceful methods can only take you so far. I can't say that one method was better (or one leader was more influential)...they all did their part and had some kind of positive impact. Would you be inclined to fight if you were living in those times?

Regarding him being a bigot. Well, he did start out as a black separatist. But his views evolved.

"In the past, yes, I have made sweeping indictments of all white people. I will never be guilty of that again ? as I know now that some white people are truly sincere, that some truly are capable of being brotherly toward a black man. The true Islam has shown me that a blanket indictment of all white people is as wrong as when whites make blanket indictments against blacks."

MX was kinda of a nut job in the beginning of his political career. the whole separate black nation crap isn't really any better than white supremecists idea of a white nation. His ideas did evolve over time to less violent and less separatist ideas, but then he was shot. IMO he was slowly going the way of Dr. King before he was shot. however, instead of just taking it up the ass and saying please, like Dr. King, he was about self defense, which I support in the fullest. If a group of KKK or neo-nazi fuckers were coming after me, I damn sure would shoot to kill.

Malcolm X is one of the greatest thinkers in the 20th century. The man embodies, in my opinion, how a perfect leader should be. He admitted faults in his previous message, and radically changed his approach towards the civil rights issue, while still maintaining the core message of self-respect by any means necessary.