5 3/4 Sealed beam LED replacements

NotLaw

Car(s)
'90 Saab SPG, '84 K5 Blazer, '67 Fairlane 500
So, I've currently got some Autopal H4 and H1 replacements in the car, but I've been going through H1 bulbs like candy, and I've seen some clear heat damage.

The little tin bulb obscuring thing that is in each light is also loose and rattling around now, so I need to replace the lights anyways I think (I've also got some bad chips in the lenses)

While I could just replace the light housings, (and I've been very pleased with the performance) I think some LED housings might be a worthwhile investment.

This brings me to my issue.

While H5006 style (hi/low) LED replacements seem to be widely available, H5001 (high only) LED units appear to be non-existent.

Are there any LED 5.75" round high beam lights out on the market? Any at all? or am I going to have to buy 4 hi/low type lights, and wire one of them to be high only?

Also, who's the preferred manufacturer for the standard 5.75 round High/Low LED lights?
If at all possible, I'd like some lights that aren't horrifyingly ugly too, but looking at the market for these things, there may not be much I can do in that respect, and form very much follows function for me where lights are concerned.

I figure some modification to either the housing or bucket will probably be required to fit the LED lights, but I would like to minimize how much I have to cut and hack my OEM light buckets. (or my fancy new lights; I had to trim one of the alignment tabs on the Autopal H1 replacements to make them fit the buckets...)

Last edited:
While H5006 style (hi/low) LED replacements seem to be widely available, H5001 (high only) LED units appear to be non-existent.

That would be because they basically are non-existent at this point. I have the same H5001 inner high beam lights on the Jag that you have or at least have to use on the Fairlane and I've been casually looking around at further update strategies. Not really seeing any out there at the current time. I re-converted my outer lights back to the old 7" units (at time of import, Jaguar installed H5006s and an adapter kit due to idiot US laws of the day) and have lots of options for that but right now I have the Euro clear H4 and H1s from AutoPal in there.

Are there any LED 5.75" round high beam lights out on the market? Any at all? or am I going to have to buy 4 hi/low type lights, and wire one of them to be high only?

No quality units that I've seen, unfortunately.

Also, who's the preferred manufacturer for the standard 5.75 round High/Low LED lights?
If at all possible, I'd light some lights that aren't horrifyingly ugly too, but looking at the market for these things, there may not be much I can do in that respect, and form very much follows function for me where lights are concerned.

Truck-Lite and JW Speaker, followed by GE, seem to be the leading/most reliable manufacturers according to the research and reading I've done.